IGNORED

When will Suarez be properly punished

It's ridiculous that any of the parties involved are considering appealing any ban. On what grounds they think it will be overturned I haven't got a clue.

Biggest bans I can think of are:

1) Cantona: 9 mths for assaulting a spectator.

2) Mutu: 7 mths for cocaine.

3) Duncan Ferguson: 44 days in prison and 12 games.

4) Di Canio: 11 games for pushing a ref.

These were for all intents and purposes, 1 off incidents whilst Suarez has been guilty of the same offence 3 times. As a one off, biting is bad enough and has already seen him banned so it is common sense that he should be bannd for significantly longer.

Legal arguments and stupid people trying to justify it all should make interesting reading.

It's ridiculous that any of the parties involved are considering appealing any ban. On what grounds they think it will be overturned I haven't got a clue.

Biggest bans I can think of are:

1) Cantona: 9 mths for assaulting a spectator.

2) Mutu: 7 mths for cocaine.

3) Duncan Ferguson: 44 days in prison and 12 games.

4) Di Canio: 11 games for pushing a ref.

These were for all intents and purposes, 1 off incidents whilst Suarez has been guilty of the same offence 3 times. As a one off, biting is bad enough and has already seen him banned so it is common sense that he should be bannd for significantly longer.

Legal arguments and stupid people trying to justify it all should make interesting reading.

1 bite from a dog and its put down. 1 bite on the street and you're done with assault, 3 times repeated offence must be jail time (wish Holystove was still about!)

And people are complaining about a 4 month ban from a game where he is paid millions (3m in wages during this ban) and a fine equating to 1/3 of 1 weeks wage?!

Guest blueboy122

He said he didn't bite anyone...... Ready.

"He lost his balance"

They should throw another month at him.

It's ridiculous. People trying to defend him and saying the ban is excessive are a total disgrace also.

How can the Uruguay coach say he's been made a "scapegoat"?

Oxford dictionary definition, "A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency."

Who were these "others" responsible for the wrongdoings?

How can the Uruguay coach say he's been made a "scapegoat"?

Oxford dictionary definition, "A person who is blamed for the wrongdoings, mistakes, or faults of others, especially for reasons of expediency."

Who were these "others" responsible for the wrongdoings?

Cannelloni made him bit him, cheating bastard!

Now he's apologising. But I thought he didn't do anything :dont know:.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28099336

"After several days of being home with my family I have had the opportunity to regain my calm and reflect about the the reality of what occurred during the Italy-Uruguay match on 24 June 2014.

"Independent from the fallout and the contradicting declarations that have surfaced during these past days, all of which have been without the intention of interfering with the good performance of my national team, the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me.

"For this I deeply regret what occurred. I apologise to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family. I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like this."

Now he's apologising. But I thought he didn't do anything :dont know:.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28099336

"After several days of being home with my family I have had the opportunity to regain my calm and reflect about the the reality of what occurred during the Italy-Uruguay match on 24 June 2014.

"Independent from the fallout and the contradicting declarations that have surfaced during these past days, all of which have been without the intention of interfering with the good performance of my national team, the truth is that my colleague Giorgio Chiellini suffered the physical result of a bite in the collision he suffered with me.

"For this I deeply regret what occurred. I apologise to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family. I vow to the public that there will never again be another incident like this."

Just love how he's completely shat on his entire country who have defended him by admitting what he's done!

Incidentally RAWK have now locked their thread about the "incident" and their thread about the apology :huh:.

Maybe they think if nobody talks about it it'll all go away?

Three thousand odd people on there presumably wanting to talk about it but they're not allowed; bizarre reaction.

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/Blatter-says-fair-play-to-Suarez-after-bite-apology-20140703

So, we can accept the ban to be reduced once hes joined Barcelona. Wonder if bookies are taking odds on that....

edit: this is really getting on my tits. "I'm sorry your honour, I know I've denied punching the guy even though theres video evidence, and I know I'm a repeat offender, but I admit it now and I'm sorry. Can you reduce my sentence please?"

"Sure, it happened on the pitch, normal rules of assault dont count".

atomic.gif

Edited by Matt

http://www.sport24.co.za/Soccer/WorldCup/Blatter-says-fair-play-to-Suarez-after-bite-apology-20140703

So, we can accept the ban to be reduced once hes joined Barcelona. Wonder if bookies are taking odds on that....

edit: this is really getting on my tits. "I'm sorry your honour, I know I've denied punching the guy even though theres video evidence, and I know I'm a repeat offender, but I admit it now and I'm sorry. Can you reduce my sentence please?"

"Sure, it happened on the pitch, normal rules of assault dont count".

atomic.gif

FFS, the apology isn't even genuine! The ONLY reason he did it was to get this move.