IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

8 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Here are some fun stats ! 

Back then, there were 42 games per season; today, there are 38 games. Back then, it was 2 points for a win; today, it's 3 points for a win. I did the appropriate adjustments, and the 1950/51 Everton team finished the season on the equivalent of 39 points.

Last season, the bottom three teams scored 28, 26, and 23 points. Over the previous ten seasons, the highest number of points won by a relegated team was 39 (Birmingham, 2010-2011). The adage that 40 points buys safety seems a good one.

What does that mean for this season? We're at 19 points after 21 games. To reach 40 points, we need 21 points from the remaining 17 games, a significant improvement. Realistically, that means 6 wins and 3 draws.

Where will we find those six wins? The most likely, I would suggest, are Leeds(H), Watford(A), Palace(H), Brentford(H), Burnley(A), and Newcastle(H). And the three draws? These aren't easy, but maybe Southampton(A), Leicester(H), and Wolves(H).

This reveals in how much trouble we find ourselves. If we lose to Leeds tomorrow, we'll have to pick up a win against someone like Leicester(A), West Ham(A), Arsenal(A), ManU(H), ManC(H), Liverpool(A), Chelsea(H), and Spurs(A). Frankly, if we lose to Leeds tomorrow, we'll struggle to secure 40 points, and we'll be in real danger of relegation.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2487312/everton-confirms-202223-season-ticket-pricing-structure

£50 increase for me.

I think a fair few are going to struggle with these increases tbh.

Same increase for me, but my lad turns 18 at the end of the season so his more than doubles, but it’s still only £30.53 and £17.37 per game respectively, which I think is good value ( well it is if we’re playing OK, I was in 2 minds to renew at the end of the season when Gravy Chops was around, and much of this season has been blurghh 😱)

33 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Same increase for me, but my lad turns 18 at the end of the season so his more than doubles, but it’s still only £30.53 and £17.37 per game respectively, which I think is good value ( well it is if we’re playing OK, I was in 2 minds to renew at the end of the season when Gravy Chops was around, and much of this season has been blurghh 😱)

If I can get season tickets once the club relocates, I just twigged that from 2025 I'll qualify as a concession; that'll save me a tidy sum:D

Given how people are struggling to make ends meet, I can see this being a bit of a disaster for some people. Although on the one hand the ticket freeze in previous years has made this a little bit better to digest, people are going to potentially be priced out of going to the game every week which hurts a little bit when we've been such a circus upstairs and have won absolutely nothing to reward the fans for their loyalty. 

A good point mentioned too was that we have no sleeve sponsor, getting one could potentially offset the money raised from increasing the season ticket price, but I know that's me living in a fantasy world. 

I'll be back next season for No. 15, but I think loads won't be and it's a shame - what does worry me is whether when we go to Bramley Dock, whether we'll go insane with ticket prices along the likes of Spurs and Arsenal because we have a shiny new stadium.

36 minutes ago, MikeO said:

If I can get season tickets once the club relocates, I just twigged that from 2025 I'll qualify as a concession; that'll save me a tidy sum:D

I was going to say yippee 🥳 but we are just getting old Mike and I don’t really want to celebrate that fact 😢

8 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Enjoyed watching this training session.

You can actually see the improvements in the passing. The passing drills scare the shit out of me and demonstrate the difference between pros and amateurs. 

I enjoyed seeing the camaraderie in the football tennis, see Cole teaching JJK defensive and attacking techniques for a full back based on foot position.  Every time I see Cole he has an intensity about what he is doing. 

51 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You can actually see the improvements in the passing. The passing drills scare the shit out of me and demonstrate the difference between pros and amateurs. 

I enjoyed seeing the camaraderie in the football tennis, see Cole teaching JJK defensive and attacking techniques for a full back based on foot position.  Every time I see Cole he has an intensity about what he is doing. 

I made the same comment last Saturday, we came out earlier and warmed up with intensity, that never happened under FSW, Frank is changing the way they think and act, all good to me.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/frank-lampard-already-fixing-everton-23116911

Fast starts also help with the crowd. You could feel the nerves in the crowd early in games as we just sat back and let the opposition have the ball.

Just one of many examples that our former manager did not understand the modern game.