IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

People are mentioning how our defence went from being very solid to giving away goals. 
But it became clear that just not conceding was going to get us relegated. So we sacrificed a bit of defensive solidity for a little more in the opposite end.

And it most likely saved us.

Cant Dyche actually get some credit for this?

I also think that teams realised they didn’t need to be as defence minded against us, as we weren’t likely to score, so could be more aggressive in their attacking play. Leading to us conceding more goals. 

I'm not sure where I should post this, but as its a general rant maybe here is best.

If yesterday wasn't a wake up call then I don't know what can be. To see that team fail to turn up once again makes me feel sick with rage. How many times have we seen performances like this over the last two seasons, and for the players and managers to come out after with the same old platitudes 'Oh, the mentality wasn't right', 'We weren't good enough', 'Not enough quality.'

They are supposed to be professional footballers. How can they be using the same excuses for what'll be the third season now. I'm not accepting them. If they can't get themselves up and go out there and perform like professional footballers every game, they don't deserve to put the shirt on. If the effort's there and we lose, fair enough.

But at the end of the day, they are not getting paid millions to stroll around the fucking park on a Saturday afternoon. Go and walk some fucking dogs.  

We're renowned for our away support, because our fans turn up for every game! The least the players can do is resiprocate that dedication. To come out after the game with the same lame excuses is unacceptable.

I don't whether it's the culture at the club? They put out these behind the scenes videos of them training and these goofy interviews, where it all seems pally-pally, and we're all good mates, and we're all having a nice time. Fuck that shit! I'm not arsed what Tarkowski's favourite curry is or who's got the smelliest socks. Or whether Michael Keane chips the keeper in training when he then fucking passes the ball straight the other team in our own box doing the match.

There's no seriousness in this squad. In any other line of work, if you consistently fail to show up for work as they have done you are held accountable. I don't see why the players should be treated any differently.

And it's obviously the players that need to be brought to account here, because we'd have plenty of managers come in and the result is always the same. The manager get's thrown under the bus, and the same excuses keep getting rolled out.

---

I've been relatively optimistic with the transfers that have come in so far, and Danjuma was probably one the better performers during the match. But when these transfers come in it's always the same old spiel about how excited they are to play for such an historic club. A club with a rich history, blah, blah, blah.

But I wonder whether the players, with their match day bonuses safely stashed under their mattresses, sleep well at night knowing that the team of this era, will go down in that history as one of our worst ever.

---

As a club we can't keep living in the past. It's almost thirty years since our last trophy, and even longer since our last great team. We might have shiny new stadium on the way, but if this club is to continue to be a great club it's in the here and now and it's written on the badge. 

What these players need to realise is that it's not that they're paying for an historic club, but that they are playing for a club whose team goes out there on the weekend and puts everything into performing on the day. Because that is the 'best' of which nothing else is good enough. 

There are days when even the very best sides just dont get it right. You only have to look back at Villa's last game as an example.

Villa are a very good side, playing good football and they broke us down and we couldn't adapt. Them scoring first and early was always a huge problem as couldn't play on the counter and the injuries to Dom and the penalty decision took the game away further. 

Given the difference in levels of ability when compared to our squad and others in the league combined with the contrast in management styles, if these good sides are on it, they will beat us with relative ease. 

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-apologises-insensitive-commentary-27565511

That horrible twat, Hinchcliffe, and his horrible co-commentator, Bill Leslie, should apologise on air.

Pair of pricks.

I can’t stand hinchcliffe. Absolute bell end. 

they reckon he’s sour to us cos Kendall sacked him off

9 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I can’t stand hinchcliffe. Absolute bell end. 

they reckon he’s sour to us cos Kendall sacked him off

He seems to dislike every side he commentates on but he does come across as having a chip on his shoulder about Everton.

I'd be happy to never have to listen to him commentate on any game tbh, he's just horrible.