IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

1 hour ago, Gwlad said:

Maybe they need reminding that three teams are relegated. Even if we'd scored no points at all, two of them would still have been relegated. This is all a complete farce.

55 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well that’s a fucking eye opener if proven to be true. 

It is true. Its in the official case documents. It says they chose not to stand in and speak for the club. So the PL easily batted away the clubs claims that every expense etc was agreed...because we didn't have the representation. Absolute disgrace in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was going to say, it’s coming across as if they’re making it up as they go along.

They admit we didn’t try and deceive and didn’t get a sporting advantage but then give us a sporting punishment, and now this bollocks. 

It’s reassuring in some ways that we actually get to look behind the curtain and see that what we thought was a whimpering mess is actually a whimpering mess. 

no wonder they never went after Man City and their squad of legal big hitters. Goes to show what an absolute shambles our lot is… little miss dynamite and ingles are ok at signing off on charitable donations and letting lower league teams have all expenses paid trips to goodison - ask them to do “governance” and errrmm all you get is headlocks. 

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

How the fuck could the panel on one hand say that we had no sporting advantage from the overspend and then say that they believe the relegated clubs have a case for compensation?!

Because the PL set up an 'independent regulator' without actually having any idea of how they were going to deal with PSR cases.

So, it's ended up being a mish mash of bollocks. They've made right tits of themselves and only strengthened the Government's case to step in.

The press running over themselves to create these click bait suing headlines. I don't think any of them have grasped what we actually got done for.

It's funny how clubs are bitter about going down instead of us because we spent so much money, when it's the stupid amounts of money we've spent on bang average players for massive losses that's got us in relegation battles in the first place.

Money (and reckless spending/management of) has provided us with instability and mediocrity, we'd be nowhere near relegation battles if we'd never had moshiri's money. 

I think we are at a bit of a tipping point when it comes to football and the tribalism that has been evident since day dot. Through obvious corruption and the absolute failure of the PGMOL/VAR football fans are united in a way that I've never seen before. There seems to be a massive divide between the Premier League and those that follow the teams that compete in it.

Rather than point scoring, fans are coming together against the absolute clusterfuck which is the FA.

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

There seems to be a significant bacllash againt the magnitude of the punishment that Everton have been handed out, from what I have listen to and read the shock is pretty much universal accross the footballing media and beyond. I don't think i have heard any anybody say its fair and reasonable. You would hope that this is sinking in with those who may be reviewing any appeal. 

It not just people with Everton tinted glasses that are gobsmacked by this. 

It’s probably going to be the turning point for the game.

The prem in their delusion probably think that tribalism would see the wider people in the game snigger and laugh and think “oooh the EPL mean business” and as a result they get left alone and Everton pay the price. 

The reality is that I think with recent events with VAR and news about Chelsea paying agents with offshore accounts people have had enough. It’s one thing after another. 

Are we accountable for punishment?  Yes. We broke a rule but is the punishment appropriate? No. 

Well, maybe now some of our fans will start to pay more critical attention to the people running our club. Maybe they will not be fooled into believing the bullshit from over promoted amateurs who are only experts at deflecting blame from themselves and not protecting the welfare of our club. 

2 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think we are at a bit of a tipping point when it comes to football and the tribalism that has been evident since day dot. Through obvious corruption and the absolute failure of the PGMOL/VAR football fans are united in a way that I've never seen before. There seems to be a massive divide between the Premier League and those that follow the teams that compete in it.

Rather than point scoring, fans are coming together against the absolute clusterfuck which is the FA.

I mean except for the supporters of Leeds, Leicester, Burnley, etc. They're very much in the EPL's corner at this point

The whole thing is ludicrous but this section of the commission’s report is madness. image.thumb.png.c70353077e940e2b7bab2828ff8b3261.png
I really can’t see how a unprecedented unpredictable war on the edge of Europe that’s had a worldwide financial effect can be ‘the type of event that businesses have to contend with as part of their daily life’ when the stadium is the second biggest building project currently in the UK (& let’s not mention the first as I think the government might agree!) 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

But didn’t Leicester only get a £3.1m fine for a breach of FFP in 2018 for a £21m breach in 2013-14 by the EFL! 

Just read the article, they said it was spent on a new ground, other infrastructure,sound familiar, and it was the year they were promoted back to the premier league,so clubs will be suing them then, how can this bunch of fools, clobber us. Sledge hammer to crack a nut.

Edited by Tonsta
missed information

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

Just read the article, they said it was spent on a new ground, other infrastructure,sound familiar, and it was the year they were promoted back to the premier league,so clubs will be suing them then, how can this bunch of fools, clobber us. Sledge hammer to crack a nut.

It’s crazy! This is why I’m so annoyed with the process. It was kept secret throughout and yet the premier league prejudiced the process by saying they wanted a 12 point deduction mid way through. Had the facts been known throughout the footballing world would have all been only expecting us to get a fine or in extreme circumstances a tiny points deduction. 

I think the truth is that if this was a proper legal proceeding in court, it would be thrown out due to how the PL have conducted themselves prior and during.

Instead it's been a Kangaroo Court.

I'm pretty sure Everton can pick apart plenty in the document that wouldn't stand up in a legal court (but I'm no expert so I could be wide of the mark!)