IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Absolute fuckin farce.

Biggest, richest league in the world and they can't even bring in a legal team to at least advise them on how they should set up their own regulations?

They haven't even bothered to think about how the system will work should a charge be brought forward...

A club could have a shite year...and be charged for that shite year 3 years in a row under the current system.

Each time costing the club more money and putting them in a worse position.

Fuck me.

There should be people handing in their notice on this.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

How do you work that out we are not appealing because we were innocent we are appealing on the severity of the sentence. Now they seem to have come up with a formula for these breaches, which is a initial 6 points deduction if found guilty and and 1 point for every 5 million over the 105 million allowed, so I don’t see us getting a reduction in the forthcoming appeal and if found guilty on the 2nd charge we will incur a minimum 6 points deduction. 

Fortunately, Mark answered your post with this post…

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

30 minutes ago, StevO said:

Fortunately, Mark answered your post with this post…

Let’s hope they are right about that as a genuine expenditure that cannot be used as part of any over spend, I’ll be honest I’m not sure so won’t be betting my house on it. 

Alex Crook on TalkSPORT saying that 80% of the Premier League are on the edge of a breach. 16 out of 20 clubs!

The transfer window shows whats going on. Clubs are now scared to spend. What happens here is we now don’t get as many of the worlds best players coming here. The league ends up devaluing itself by its actions. But wait, they see this happening. So they have already got plans in place to change the rules to make sure that doesn’t happen. So when they change the rules City and Chelsea are ok, so they can carry on spending £100m on a player. During that time the damage has already been done to Everton and Forest. If I wasn’t so annoyed I’d be laughing. 

11 hours ago, StevO said:

Alex Crook on TalkSPORT saying that 80% of the Premier League are on the edge of a breach. 16 out of 20 clubs!

The transfer window shows whats going on. Clubs are now scared to spend. What happens here is we now don’t get as many of the worlds best players coming here. The league ends up devaluing itself by its actions. But wait, they see this happening. So they have already got plans in place to change the rules to make sure that doesn’t happen. So when they change the rules City and Chelsea are ok, so they can carry on spending £100m on a player. During that time the damage has already been done to Everton and Forest. If I wasn’t so annoyed I’d be laughing. 

Thick as pig shit - masters and co..

They are so arrogant and incompetent, they can't even see that the current rules allow double jeopardy. 

Their press release yesterday was pathetic, they sent it to try and create the impression that we admitted guilt. Just who the fuck is running that shit show. Reminds me of our club under the now dismantled board. 

Masters is up in front of select committee today. Hope the prick gets absolutely grilled. 

I don't pretend to understand all that is going on, as it changes from day to day, we have already been punished for most of what we have been accused of now. Yet part of that period is also in this latest charge, we have not bought anyone, we have cut the wage bill, we have sold our best player, I don't see what else we can do.

We know its all down to one man who bought the club, and decided he was above the law because he was rich, and would not have anyone telling him what to do, But we also had a board of directors who sat on their hands and said, and did nothing, they are as guilty as he is. The football world told us we were the worst run club in europe, nothing changed.

This once great club, (and will be again) has been pushed to the edge of the cliff by arrogance, and gross incompetence.

As always the fans will never desert them, and will continue to fight the good fight, to save our club. 

Let's just say we are argubley found guilty for a second year in a row (nothing would suprise me now), how on earth would is be just and fair to have the punishment for both seasons dished out as two lots of points deductions in a single season. 

PL could have saved themselves a massive headache on this by taking in to account our arguement that over spends relates to stadium development cost. (Wish could be argued eitherway by the sound of it) and come to the conclusion that we missed breaking the financial rules by a whisker - end of, we looking in to it, no punishment needed. Instead they really have opened a shit storm around this. 

We are currenly being lined up for two lots of punishment and then they are talking about changing the rules again. 

My word it can be so painful being an Everton supporter. The manager n players have putting everything into the matches. But the idiots thst have been in charge seemed to have no clue. Still chance the new owners could be 777 who gi en their history will just muddy the waters more. It's like a curse. Hopefully we get good news eventually and things turn for the better.

what is interesting is that one of the things forest are likely to say is that they hung on to transfer deadline day to sell Johnson for £47m rather have sell him in June for £35m (some made roughly 30% more by holding out to TDD) to ensure the sale came in the financial year needed.

where as we did the very opposite, selling Richarlison in order to make sure we got sale done in June and thus in the most appropriate accounting year - Everton arguably missing out on 30% more fee just to try and adhere to PL rules. 30% more being roughly £19m!! ironically the amount we have been told we breach the rules by. 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

what is interesting is that one of the things forest are likely to say is that they hung on to transfer deadline day to sell Johnson for £47m rather have sell him in June for £35m (some made roughly 30% more by holding out to TDD) to ensure the sale came in the financial year needed.

where as we did the very opposite, selling Richarlison in order to make sure we got sale done in June and thus in the most appropriate accounting year - Everton arguably missing out on 30% more fee just to try and adhere to PL rules. 30% more being roughly £19m!! ironically the amount we have been told we breach the rules by. 

Very shrewd business acumen from Forest, yet that doesn’t mean it will be accepted by the commission. Then you look at our decision and think that as the worst run club in the the PL are we really surprised at the lack of foresight when it comes to looking after the clubs finances. 

9 hours ago, RuffRob said:

You think we were going to get £90m for Richarlison?! 

Masters saying there is no set framework for punishments for breaching FFP (and he thinks that lack of framework is the best way of doing it) means that even though it's thought that Forest are double over our first breach that they could end up with a lesser punishment than we got :lol:.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Watched the committee meeting yesterday.  Masters is thick as pig shit, didn't come across well at all.

The club need to get active in letting the media know that the EPL have abused process by changing how interest charges were treated. 

Was rewatching (autocorrect tried to change that to retching, not far off :lol:) and I'm wondering something. If Masters said that if City broke FFP they'd be charged too in the same way... Doesn't that imply they're not under investigation for financial breaches? If so, how the actual fuck not?

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Was rewatching (autocorrect tried to change that to retching, not far off :lol:) and I'm wondering something. If Masters said that if City broke FFP they'd be charged too in the same way... Doesn't that imply they're not under investigation for financial breaches? If so, how the actual fuck not?

I might be wrong but I think he said if City had breached in the last financial records they'd be under the same timeframe as us (and other small clubs!). I guess they submitted 'clean' accounts this year.