IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

With all due respect I think that is a load of shite. So we are incapable of making intelligent passes and runs, and having players be able to tap in goals? How much money, time, and transfer windows does that take?

I used to think the same until Leicester came along last season and shattered ALL of the rules. Hardwork, determination, teamwork, and a sense of synergy is all it takes to score goals and deprive the opponents of the same. Football isn't rocket science as Ped pointed out recently on Toffee TV.

Watching Tottenham play today was a bit if an epiphany for me today. Keep it simple, make intelligent runs, be in the right place at the right time, do some work when you don't have possession (looking at you Big Rom).

If Koeman can't accomplish these basic components from seeing these lads all day five (5) times per week, then he should fuck right off and let a manager who can do it. Sorry, tough love for the flying Dutchman. Shit or get off the [insert Dutch word for toilet].

Memphis Delay isn't going to save us, or bring us to the top 4, but playing like Tottenham, Chelsea, or The Shite will.

Most people think we are just going to buy our way out of the problems we've got, that seems to be the common defence for Koeman's lack of management skills.

It doesn't quite work like that you have to have the ability to coach players to play in your system no matter how much they cost, but I fail to see any shape or style of play to the team, far from it what we've been served up lately is best described as a shambles.

He has totally lost the plot constantly changing the players, changing the formation, it's no wonder the players are struggling if he hasn't got a clue what he's doing what chance have they got.

With all due respect I think that is a load of shite. So we are incapable of making intelligent passes and runs, and having players be able to tap in goals? How much money, time, and transfer windows does that take?

I used to think the same until Leicester came along last season and shattered ALL of the rules. Hardwork, determination, teamwork, and a sense of synergy is all it takes to score goals and deprive the opponents of the same. Football isn't rocket science as Ped pointed out recently on Toffee TV.

Watching Tottenham play today was a bit if an epiphany for me today. Keep it simple, make intelligent runs, be in the right place at the right time, do some work when you don't have possession (looking at you Big Rom).

If Koeman can't accomplish these basic components from seeing these lads all day five (5) times per week, then he should fuck right off and let a manager who can do it. Sorry, tough love for the flying Dutchman. Shit or get off the [insert Dutch word for toilet].

Memphis Delay isn't going to save us, or bring us to the top 4, but playing like Tottenham, Chelsea, or The Shite will.

Leicester had most of the pieces together by then. How many players did they sign that summer? Kante, Huth, Fuchs and Okazaki were the important ones because Pearson and his backroom staff had done a good job. Mahrez, Morgan, Vardy, Drinkwater etc. were there already. Leicester clicked in the spring before last season rather than being the clusterfuck Everton was last spring. More importantly, many Leicester players played the season of their career last year, how many has for instance Vardy scored this season? Mahrez was the best player in the league last year and those two won so many matches for them. And look at Kante and what huge influence he has been at Chelsea this season. Gana despite so far being our best player is nowhere near his level (I hope he is at some point). Huth and Morgan are a no-nonsense pairing that actually win most headers.

And football is quite a lot more complex than Ped seems to think (haven't watched the video). You are free to watch matches as you like but just because you can't see the finer details doesn't mean you can go tell everyone how simple it all is. If it's that simple how come Leicester is the first "small" team to win the PL? Blackburn spent heavily and apart from those two there aren't a whole lot of teams that have managed it.

Edited by Makis

And football is quite a lot more complex than Ped seems to think (haven't watched the video). You are free to watch matches as you like but just because you can't see the finer details doesn't mean you can go tell everyone how simple it all is. If it's that simple how come Leicester is the first "small" team to win the PL? Blackburn spent heavily and apart from those two there aren't a whole lot of teams that have managed it.

Not saying its "simple", merely offering an alternative to the notion that a successful system takes years or possibly hundreds of millions of pounds to implement.

A huge detriment to this team is the fact that we (usually) come out of the gate like slugs on valium without a plan. Rom is usually isolated and doesn't see the ball at his feet, and/or he's walking around like a 4th grader looking for his lost lunch money. If we could move with some urgency and intent, maybe that could change things. I see our lads lobbing the ball outside the 18 yard box hoping for a mini "miracle", rather than having teammates making intelligent runs and getting into key positions a la, well, Tottenham for example. Hate to keep mentioning that lot but they are good at it. This is the part I don't think is necessarily rocket science or takes players like Messi or Suarez per se. It helps, yeah, but the likes of Lukaku, Barkley, Valencia, Mirallas, etc have the ability to score goals if they have the right opportunity. At the moment I feel that Koeman might be the lad not living up to his end of the bargain, and whether I'm right or wrong, I'm certainly entitled to feel this way. I'm certainly not alone in this assessment, and I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day again - I said the same thing many times under Roberto. Not good enough. I'm not calling for his head (yet), but our issues extend beyond a transfer window and two or three years of training. Is it a coincidence that Conte has taken the (essentially) same Chelsea team to new heights? Its clearly a plan that's working. Yes, we don't have those level of players, but those same players were playing like total shite last season for an extended period of time. New management has rectified that, not multiple transfer windows or years.

Wake me up when we start playing consistently with the attributes this team is capable of. Again, my intent is not to come off as disrespectful or to have a pissing match, merely my thoughts after watching 20+ matches so far this year.

Cheers.

Edited by chalkpie

OK, so watching this match has me thinking:

When Tottenham attack, they seem to have a complete understanding and (almost) premeditated idea of what they are going to accomplish. Most of this seems to be from their forwards, wingers, and centermids making the correct runs and being in the right place at the right time. Its not just making a pass....looking around.....making another pass....

That last bit is what I increasingly see EFC do. Its more of a "flying-by-the-sea-of-your-pants" approach and HOPING something will happen. If Tottenham has a road map that has been studied and marked, Everton has an old map that is barely legible, and maybe some of the routes are now defunct or missing. Stupid analogy? Yeah probably, but its the best I can do at the moment.

So going further, If Tottenham is consistently attacking with quality and intent, then this seems to be drilled to death in practice, and consequently not practiced by Koeman. Maybe I'm wrong and EFC does practice this stuff, but if they are, its not working, or they need a new approach. I truly believe that there is more than meets the eye than what we are seeing with EFC, and you need to look at the captain of the ship first and foremost.

Are Dele Alli and Harry Kane THAT much better than Barkley and Lukaku? I don't think so, in fact I think that its possible that our lads have attributes that exceed those other two jokers. But the difference is watching these guys today is showing me that they have real intent, are making themselves available at the right places on the pitch, have a confidence when they get the ball either in making a run or pass, and have a team of players surrounding them that are all working TOGETHER.

I dunno, that's what I see of EFC at the moment from watching other teams. For the record, I absolutely loathe Tottenham, they are a team I consistently cheer against if given the chance, along with the shite, Chelsea, Man U, Man City, and Arsensal.

The main difference is that whatever Spurs do, they do at pace. We do it at a jog. When Spurs get to the opposition penalty area they have four or five players in support. We usually have one.

The main difference is that whatever Spurs do, they do at pace. We do it at a jog. When Spurs get to the opposition penalty area they have four or five players in support. We usually have one.

Right, so lets bloody CHANGE this! This is the part that isn't rocket science and makes me pull my nose hairs out. If we don't live up to these most basic of attributes towards success, how do we expect to ever get into the top 4 again? Because you can be sure as eggs are eggs that other teams are, and will continue to work harder than us, talent aside for a moment. This comes from Koeman imo, and I don't see how some fans can see this as complaining? This is BASIC and ESSENTIAL stuff, like food, air, water, beer, etc etc

Edited by chalkpie

Wake me up when we start playing consistently with the attributes this team is capable of. Again, my intent is not to come off as disrespectful or to have a pissing match, merely my thoughts after watching 20+ matches so far this year.

What do you think the attributes of this team are? Me, I can see a mismatch of players with no consistent idea.

Right, so lets bloody CHANGE this! This is the part that isn't rocket science and makes me pull my nose hairs out. If we don't live up to these most basic of attributes towards success, how do we expect to ever get into the top 4 again? Because you can be sure as eggs are eggs that other teams are, and will continue to work harder than us, talent aside for a moment. This comes from Koeman imo, and I don't see how some fans can see this as complaining? This is BASIC and ESSENTIAL stuff, like food, air, water, beer, etc etc

Our midfield simply doesn't have the personnel to do that consistently. It's easy to talk about Spurs but let's not forget they have spent years buying and selling. Last summer alone they bought four players with a combined fee of about £70 million. And they have been able to buy personnel to fit the style. Do you really think Pochettino could play the same style with current Everton squad?

All talk at the moment chaps... all talk

Not really all talk though is it?! Not when you have a major shareholder who has written off the clubs debts with an interest free loan, saving the club millions in charges per year. Not when you have a commercial deal for Finch Farm. Not when you have a new shirt sponsorship deal worth 300% more than the current deal. That's not to mention frozen season ticket prices, extra incentives, and ongoing work on the stadium front. And some!!!

Not really all talk though is it?! Not when you have a major shareholder who has written off the clubs debts with an interest free loan, saving the club millions in charges per year. Not when you have a commercial deal for Finch Farm. Not when you have a new shirt sponsorship deal worth 300% more than the current deal. That's not to mention frozen season ticket prices, extra incentives, and ongoing work on the stadium front. And some!!!

In some cases season tickets will actually be reduced, and no adult season ticket will cost more than £30 per game. That's pretty good going!

In some cases season tickets will actually be reduced, and no adult season ticket will cost more than £30 per game. That's pretty good going!

Ah good move to build up demand, and a potential 'waiting list' should we move from the Grand Old Lady.

Plus it's great to give back to you loyal fans with all the extra TV money.

I have been disappointed more than enough by the club in the past so I prefer to adopt a wait and see policy.

He may have written off the debts but we still owe him the money and I don't think he is worth enough to just click his fingers and wipe the debt like that so where has that money come from.

In five to ten years time he could well turn out to be the Messiah and the club could be going from strength to strength but after just 12 months, where not a great deal has really changed (from the outside), I think it is reasonable enough to wait and see them walk the walk.

I have been disappointed more than enough by the club in the past so I prefer to adopt a wait and see policy.

He may have written off the debts but we still owe him the money and I don't think he is worth enough to just click his fingers and wipe the debt like that so where has that money come from.

In five to ten years time he could well turn out to be the Messiah and the club could be going from strength to strength but after just 12 months, where not a great deal has really changed (from the outside), I think it is reasonable enough to wait and see them walk the walk.

He's worth $2.2billion, so I don't think providing a loan for £70odd (?) million would be too hard for him like.

To be fair that is more than I though he was worth! Even then that is based on his assets not on his bank balance, it will be loaned from somewhere or someone else.

Because of his worth, he will have access to that sort of money against his assets. None of these billionaires can go to a bank and physically withdraw big sums...the banking system would go into meltdown!!! But they can magically transfer those numbers from one bank balance to another. Numbers which, realistically, only exsist on a PC screen!

I understand your caution. What I don't understand, not just from or necessarily from you, is this opinion that he has done nothing for the club. For me, this attitude is crass.

He's worth $2.2billion, so I don't think providing a loan for £70odd (?) million would be too hard for him like.

Honestly, I think this is a popular misconception. Those with huge sums of money tend to watch every single penny

As the popular adage goes: "What's the best way to get rich? Slowly." And by putting every single penny to best use.

Honestly, I think this is a popular misconception. Those with huge sums of money tend to watch every single penny

As the popular adage goes: "What's the best way to get rich? Slowly." And by putting every single penny to best use.

I haven't said that he'll have done it willy nilly, like it's nothing, only that he can afford to do it and has. It's to the benefit of the club, and him, in the long-term to do it so I don't see the misconception.