IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

I'll be honest - fitness..... a very very grey area for me.

An unfit premier league footballer is probably 10 times fitter than the average bloke.

How close have I been to "unfit" premier league fitness in my life? Once. Maybe. Used to do an hours heavy weights and blast out a 10k run in 40 mins and have loads of energy left. Was about 13.5 stone at 5ft 10 and about 8% body fat.

I played footy as a winger and would arguably be the fittest in the team.... back then if i had to do what these boys do in the game liverpool and spurs play I would have been vomiting.... but I reckon I could play with our bunch of lads ok.

To me.... that says none of our lads could play that way bar gana gueye. He is the template for fitness.

So essentially... take the fittest I've ever been and I would fall well short of what our lads are required to do....

That's where some of them really do earn their coin.

Btw I'm a 17st fat bastard now... just for the record. I'd probably be blowing running on the pitch as a physio.

Edited by Hafnia

Yet another coifed haircut in a suit at palace talking garbage a la the last ten or so spivs that have been the face of ownership at that cesshole.

I hope we volley these all over the show today, as a thanks for that moment allowing arsenal to sneak fourth from us in "our greatest season ever, ever" (meh!)

This bunch are in trouble, hope we don't fold like we did that sunderland game to help them out of a relegation jaunt.

Yet another coifed haircut in a suit at palace talking garbage a la the last ten or so spivs that have been the face of ownership at that cesshole.

I hope we volley these all over the show today, as a thanks for that moment allowing arsenal to sneak fourth from us in "our greatest season ever, ever" (meh!)

This bunch are in trouble, hope we don't fold like we did that sunderland game to help them out of a relegation jaunt.

Spivs??

And tonight proves three things.

- Fresh legs means everything in a side set to harass the oppo when looking to claw back possession.

- Fresh ideas, being able to vary the play means the oppos cant figure you out easy and nullify.

- Having a world class finisher in the side means not relying on a standout signing on the wing to carry you, every side needs that main man, the sides without a superstar striker that can play at least one full game a week are slowly being found out this deep into the season.

Well played Saints, up yours kopites.

And tonight proves three things.

- Fresh legs means everything in a side set to harass the oppo when looking to claw back possession.

- Fresh ideas, being able to vary the play means the oppos cant figure you out easy and nullify.

- Having a world class finisher in the side means not relying on a standout signing on the wing to carry you, every side needs that main man, the sides without a superstar striker that can play at least one full game a week are slowly being found out this deep into the season.

Well played Saints, up yours kopites.

Who is the Saints world class finisher?

"This arrangement continued until three years later when Everton won the Football League title for the first time. Houlding saw that this was only the beginning and realised being champions was a golden opportunity to take the Club to the next level."

What next level? There wasn't one back then :huh:.

That question aside an interesting read.

"This arrangement continued until three years later when Everton won the Football League title for the first time. Houlding saw that this was only the beginning and realised being champions was a golden opportunity to take the Club to the next level."

What next level? There wasn't one back then :huh:.

That question aside an interesting read.

Ha. I thought the same Mike. Football was in its infancy, not sure what the next level was meant to be!

Good read though. Love a bit of history.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/27/blues-vow-to-get-best-talent

We have scouts just for the U-23 now. We really are building something cool with moshiri and Walsh. Stockpiling talent is always solid.

In fairness, this has been our policy for 3-1/2 years now. I'm very pleased to see it continuing, because it looked earlier in the season as if we'd abandoned that strategy.

in a year we went from nothing to a possibly dock front stadium, FF massive sponsor, and now this. Nice quote here:

“We are really pleased to welcome Sure to our growing partnership portfolio and to build on our recent high profile announcements by introducing a household name brand like Sure,” added Everton Football Club’s head of commercial, Alan McTavish.

Notice its not Elstone. Well done Moshiri lad.

in a year we went from nothing to a possibly dock front stadium, FF massive sponsor, and now this. Nice quote here:

“We are really pleased to welcome Sure to our growing partnership portfolio and to build on our recent high profile announcements by introducing a household name brand like Sure,” added Everton Football Club’s head of commercial, Alan McTavish.

Notice its not Elstone. Well done Moshiri lad.

Yep and it looks like things are getting done.

I'm a religious 'sure' user, think it's the best AP in fairness. Fight me if you think different, you Lynx wearing wannabes.