IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

ian wright can go fuck himself the arrogant bellend. who give him the right to come out with a comment like 'i think arsenal should go and get roberto martinez' who the fuck do some of these clubs think they are? theres a little think called a contract. they think they can all buy little old everton whenever they want. the quicker ee get some hard investment into our club the better. cheeky little runt!!!!

ian wright can go fuck himself the arrogant bellend. who give him the right to come out with a comment like 'i think arsenal should go and get roberto martinez' who the fuck do some of these clubs think they are? theres a little think called a contract. they think they can all buy little old everton whenever they want. the quicker ee get some hard investment into our club the better. cheeky little runt!!!!

That player did enough damage against us a player without need for that.

Mind you, probably just a spontaneous reaction. Wright obviously has arsenals best interests at heart, realizes Wenger is doing a poor job of things now and acknowledges Martinez' fine work here and sees him as an accurate candidate for the job should the frenchman receive his pink slip by end of season. I never liked Wright much, although respected him as a top center forward (as with Ian Rush for example) but don't think the damage was too extensive this time around.

Martinez won't be leaving here in the summer, not to go to Arsenal or any other club side. Only new to the challenge at Everton and still on a learning curve. Has so much more to present than just one seasons achievements at this club.

I loved the way lukaku ran over to him when he scored his goal and gave him s great big bear hug! Think it showed the team spirit that Roberto has instilled there!

not instilled, but refined. Moyes had a great team spirit. Agree with Roms hug though, seriously hope we get to sign him

I'm paraphrasing here, but Martinez has been quoted saying that Bill wasn't supposed to blab his champions league promise on day one, he was going to discuss it with the players first. He said he hasn't said anything before now because he's the chairman and he respects him, etc

Edit - I see the quotes have already been posted in the champions league thread, sorry

Edited by Ant1979

He let the watching press know his thoughts when Bill unveiled him as the manager - it was a look of "what are you saying that for?!" followed by a comment of "needing a few million" in order to put the pressure back on Bill.

There's a big difference between the side battling for 4th now than the one that finished 4th in 2005. The one that finished 4th did so with "battling" 1-0 wins, other teams losing and invariably ending the season on 4th 16 points behind 3rd place 22 points behind 2nd... Bolton wanderers were only 3 points behind us.

I honestly feel that this season we have seen a technically far superior side, not in terms of players, but the way they play. If we finish 4th I would be extremely confident of passing the qualifying game - Martinez style is ideal for the champions league.

Really could have done with West Ham nabbing a point last night. If they went 2-0 up they would have done - the penno should have been given, if he fell over it would have been, the tackle impeded him.

In our hands, COYB.

He let the watching press know his thoughts when Bill unveiled him as the manager - it was a look of "what are you saying that for?!" followed by a comment of "needing a few million" in order to put the pressure back on Bill.

There's a big difference between the side battling for 4th now than the one that finished 4th in 2005. The one that finished 4th did so with "battling" 1-0 wins, other teams losing and invariably ending the season on 4th 16 points behind 3rd place 22 points behind 2nd... Bolton wanderers were only 3 points behind us.

I honestly feel that this season we have seen a technically far superior side, not in terms of players, but the way they play. If we finish 4th I would be extremely confident of passing the qualifying game - Martinez style is ideal for the champions league.

Really could have done with West Ham nabbing a point last night. If they went 2-0 up they would have done - the penno should have been given, if he fell over it would have been, the tackle impeded him.

In our hands, COYB.

For sure their are better players at our disposal this year instead of back in 2005, and while the squad of then, with names such as Martyn, Stubbs, Carsley, Cahill, McFadden etc were all decent players, they simply don't provide the same excitement as what we have now. Hardworking, no-thrills playing individuals that worked as a cohesive unit often enough and the end product saw a fourth place finish. The champions league place in 2004-05 was a real surprise to many, after the near disaster of the previous season, and while Moyes took Everton to a respectable top eight finish in 2003 if memory serves in his first year of tenure, no-one could ever of envisaged that the team would achieve a champions league place in such a quick succession of time.

Say we get fourth place again this season, see no reason why the club can't shoot for third next time around. We have players of caliber, and the capabilities to accomplish such a task some would argue, and as "those" from across the park have literally come from nowhere to arrive near a league championship glory - with two or three players apart, a team of no world beaters - then why can't we replicate something approaching that and try for a top three position next time if possible. Got to feel some level of confidence after recent times.

I don't want this to be a "Your not giving him a chance thread" so I honestly believe we will be poor next season a bit like a villa last year. But Martinez won't last the bad spell. I think because of the indifference towards the appointment ppl will be on his back very quick. If the total of his transfer dealings is Kone Alcaraz and even Redmond Then everyone will be there saying I told you so. I want him to prove me wrong a get us sixth but the stats don't lie and her relegated a team that Steve Bruce kept up. I am very nervous about next season and the quality of the players we are most linked with are average to poor

Matron " he,s out of his bed " .