IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

I thought yesterday was poor and the last couple of weeks haven't been great.We seem to be lacking directness and to a certain extent passion, two thing that under Moyes were more obvious (nothing wrong with a long ball......when it's a good long ball).

I'd take a Steven Gerrard type player hitting a 50 metre pass to feet or a 30 metre through ball into the path of a striker rather than pass, pass, pass.........back to the defenders, back to the goalkeeper.....throw the ball out and 'erm', pass, pass etc,etc.

If we are going to play THIS way, we need a fully fit Pienaar and a couple of other players better at playing the 'Martinez' way.

We got lucky yesterday and have been other times.Teams (opponents) are sussing us out and our players just dont seem capable of changing things or maybe they are 'frightened' what Martinez will say if they hit it long.

We're 5th and that's credit to Martinez, I just hope we find ways to make it more entertaining. If Lukaku had held his early form and Mirallas could perform every week it would be a different story.

Just watching Spurs Southampton....blood pumpimg stuff.Passion and speed.

Just read the original post again because I needed a laugh :P.

I don't want this to be a "Your not giving him a chance thread" so I honestly believe we will be poor next season a bit like a villa last year. But Martinez won't last the bad spell. I think because of the indifference towards the appointment ppl will be on his back very quick. If the total of his transfer dealings is Kone Alcaraz and even Redmond Then everyone will be there saying I told you so. I want him to prove me wrong a get us sixth but the stats don't lie and her relegated a team that Steve Bruce kept up. I am very nervous about next season and the quality of the players we are most linked with are average to poor

‘Whether we are in Europe or not is a big factor,’ said Martinez. ‘We’ve got money but I didn’t think spending in January was the right thing to do. If we get in Europe I think that makes a difference of six players. I always found you can work on a squad of 21 players in the league and for domestic competitions.

‘You need around 27 players plus keepers for Europe. It doesn’t have to be 27 senior players, it can be young players too, but 27.

‘We have identified what we need for next season in terms of the areas, and then you start working on your wish-list. If you get into the Champions League you can look for your number one choice. If not, you’re going to number four, five, six and maybe seven or eight. But we have got the money and it is there to be spent.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2591052/Roberto-Martinez-wants-SIX-new-signings-make-Everton-European-force.html

Guest Nikica

Good read that.

Long may it continue!

Cox is pretty knowledgeable - I believe he's behind the ZonalMarking website. He's a quality writer.

Good to see you guys in good form - perhaps you can snatch that fourth CL spot. Europa would be great though in RM's inaugural season.

Only four or five choices in my opinion. Martinez and I hate to say it, Brendan Rodgers at the top... Both Tony Pulis and Gus Poyet have done remarkable jobs in getting Palace and Sunderland to have a chance to stay up... Part of me says Mourinho, but I think that he is less brilliant than City is inconsistent, and that's why Chelsea is top of the league.

Edited by Quinn31

Only four or five choices in my opinion. Martinez and I hate to say it, Brendan Rodgers at the top... Both Tony Pulis and Gus Poyet have done remarkable jobs in getting Palace and Sunderland to have a chance to stay up... Part of me says Mourinho, but I think that he is less brilliant than City is inconsistent, and that's why Chelsea is top of the league.

If Liverpool win the league, or come extremely close to it I think Rodgers will get it.

The thread title of this still generates a certain level of humor.

In that, the author seemed intent on believing that Roberto Martinez could conceivably be fired after one season after arriving from Wigan Athletic. Even more so, after putting together a hitherto impressive campaign that sees us in fifth place and with a chance of european cup soccer next season.

Maybe Martinez isn't everyone's cup of tea (?) but got to realize, he's going to be with us for some considerable time to come you would imagine.

The thread title of this still generates a certain level of humor.

In that, the author seemed intent on believing that Roberto Martinez could conceivably be fired after one season after arriving from Wigan Athletic. Even more so, after putting together a hitherto impressive campaign that sees us in fifth place and with a chance of european cup soccer next season.

Maybe Martinez isn't everyone's cup of tea (?) but got to realize, he's going to be with us for some considerable time to come you would imagine.

Everytime I read one of your posts I think of Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory. Thats all.