IGNORED

Martinez won't last the season

Thats the price they are paying for being so great offensively. Its almost impossible to set a team up to be excellent at both. Even Barca in their pomp were vulnerable defensively.

agreed. Was just pointing out that with a decent CB pairing they would been top long ago.

I'm not sure Martino will appreciate Gerry implying that he's a goner when his contract is up in 12 months haha. Could work in our favour though and Martino might send him out on loan again as punishment for pimping his job to Martinez :)

true but if he was spiteful he'd send him to espanyol or something, not us. i just don't like that roberto to barca is so common and tossed about. i was fine with the arsenal one, but not barca.

Edited by markjazzbassist

true but if he was spiteful he'd send him to espanyol or something, not us. i just don't like that roberto to barca is so common and tossed about. i was fine with the arsenal one, but not barca.

Barca wouldn't consider him yet anyway I don't think, too soon. Maybe if he'd been involved in their academy or coached their reserves / youth team, but he's spent as much of his life in Britain as he did in Spain. I don't think just being a Catalan and winning one FA cup is enough for that job just yet.

Guest Nikica

I didn't know Martinez was Catalan - I agree though that it's too early for him to manage Barca. I'm sure he's very happy with what he's creating at Everton anyway.

In other news, do I have to do something to the clock on here? Still a hour behind for me i.e. 9.37am as of submission of this post.

not comfortable with all this praise...preferred it when people didn't notice everton

It's all because of the contrast in how Man U has slipped under Moyes. If (when?) he gets sacked and Moyes goes to a team with much less global relevance I'm sure everyone will chill out on Martinez.

Unless we win the league. Then all hell breaks loose.

It's all because of the contrast in how Man U has slipped under Moyes. If (when?) he gets sacked and Moyes goes to a team with much less global relevance I'm sure everyone will chill out on Martinez.

Unless we win the league. Then all hell breaks loose.

Whilst its inevitable that there are going to be some comparisons I dont think its all down to how Man United and Moyes are doing

We are getting the praise we deserve because of the good job Martinez is doing at Everton and the way he has us playing, if we continue to perform at this level then Im sure the plaudits will keep coming regardless of what goes on the other side of the M62

Unfortunately for Moyes he is rightly going to be judged by Martinez and Evertons season.

Before the season had kicked off pundits were saying it will be tough for Martinez and that 10th would be a good season. In the same vein they said that Moyes will show what he's made of with better players and more money....

Take an ingredient out of a cake and replace it with a different one which makes it taste better and put the old ingredient in another cake that makes it taste worse.... What does that say about the ingredient?

Unfortunately for Moyes he is rightly going to be judged by Martinez and Evertons season.

Before the season had kicked off pundits were saying it will be tough for Martinez and that 10th would be a good season. In the same vein they said that Moyes will show what he's made of with better players and more money....

Take an ingredient out of a cake and replace it with a different one which makes it taste better and put the old ingredient in another cake that makes it taste worse.... What does that say about the ingredient?

That it would have been easier to buy a ready made cake from COSTCO

Whilst its inevitable that there are going to be some comparisons I dont think its all down to how Man United and Moyes are doing

We are getting the praise we deserve because of the good job Martinez is doing at Everton and the way he has us playing, if we continue to perform at this level then Im sure the plaudits will keep coming regardless of what goes on the other side of the M62

Don't get me wrong, Martinez deserves tremendous praise in his own right for what he has done, but the national/global media attention given to Martinez is reduced considerably if Jose Mourinho was chosen to manage Man U and Moyes left for the Bundesliga or something.

Don't get me wrong, Martinez deserves tremendous praise in his own right for what he has done, but the national/global media attention given to Martinez is reduced considerably if Jose Mourinho was chosen to manage Man U and Moyes left for the Bundesliga or something.

Can't agree with that at all.