IGNORED

Gerard Deulofeu

We missed a trick with him. There were games were I felt so sorry for him.... the amount of times he lashed in a dipping bending cross through the 6 yard box that weren't anticipated was a joke.

Those games we could have had a stack of goals he was so good at doing it.

Barkley, Rom, and a few others stood scratching their arses... Gerry used to go nuts.

Edited by Hafnia

• 1 month later...

I think Koeman seen something off the field that he wasn't impressed with. He seemed keen to play him last pre season then...bumfff...gone.

From the sounds of what Geri has said in recent interviews, I think he was a bit naughty in his approach. Bit lazy and not really focused. But now he seems back on it. Maybe he's matured a bit and realised he could throw his talent away? Worth another chance if that's the case.

I think Koeman seen something off the field that he wasn't impressed with. He seemed keen to play him last pre season then...bumfff...gone.

From the sounds of what Geri has said in recent interviews, I think he was a bit naughty in his approach. Bit lazy and not really focused. But now he seems back on it. Maybe he's matured a bit and realised he could throw his talent away? Worth another chance if that's the case.

he had a kid as well which could have impacted him. wife preggo and hormonal, we've all been there :violent:

Rumour is he took the piss when Martinez was in charge, turning up to training just as its about to start, acting the clown (he comes across as that). When Koeman came in he wasn't having any of it and Gerri in the end became a bit of a sulk, so the rumour goes anyway.

We should keep him and actually play him in his proper position behind the main striker for once, i don't doubt he has messed about in training but we have never really played him properly, whenever he went to play for Spain or last season at AC Milan he seemed to play really well.

Rumour is he took the piss when Martinez was in charge, turning up to training just as its about to start, acting the clown (he comes across as that). When Koeman came in he wasn't having any of it and Gerri in the end became a bit of a sulk, so the rumour goes anyway.

the majority of the team was doing that by the time martinez left. someone else posted that no one was showing up to the "optional" weight room sessions and the like. he treated them like adults but in the end they (most of them) acted like children.

no idea on gerry, if he's fit and ready to contribute and give 100% effort for the full 90, welcome back. if not, just sell him already.

4 goals and 3 assists in 16 starts and 1 sub appearance. 82% pass completion rate and 2.2 shots per game.

Via whoscored.com

Ye he seemed to start on fire and then slow down again...

Much like he did here.

As long as he has learnt something and I proved then I would be happy to have him back.

I had varying impressions of Deulofeu in his 40 minutes in the friendly v. Colombia. As usual, he was intermittently a danger streaking down the right side with the ball at his feet. His crosses were inconsistent. Although I'm a fan of Deulofeu, I was dismayed by his lethargy on Spain's late tying goal, a cross from Niguez on the left to Morata in the box for a beautiful header.

But, at a moment when Spain desperately needed a tying goal, as the play developed, I could see Deulofeu just walking on the right side of the pitch, just doing nothing but watching the play - not running toward the box in case the cross from the left was too strong, in which case Deulofeu might have been there.

His laziness on this play was maddening. Is he so weak that after only 30 minutes, he was gassed? Awful.

I have watched him countless times and I can say for sure: This lad has serious problems with his conditioning and his stamina above all. He's great for about 30-40 minutes and then becomes too tired to keep the level. I like him much, because he's the most technical adept winger we have on our roster, but he's not an out and out first team option because of this huge flaw that's making him a player for one half only.

All good stuff. Deulofeu needs to improve his workrate massively if he wants to make it in Koeman's squad. He strikes me as a player that has unlimited technical ability; one that relies on that so much as to where he feels like he doesn't have to work much. Not acceptable.

A fan favorite will always be one that works hard regardless of ablity; a player that shows they want it. Deulofeu isn't that player, as much as I like him.

• 2 weeks later...