IGNORED

3-4 players wanted, but who are your choices?

If Felli goes a midfielder MONSTER is required. Did Capoue go to Monaco? If not he'd be a guy i'd go for. Hopefully we get this Barca superkid on loan. Felli for £23 would get us two really good midfielders/ attackers. I rate Moses maybe we could get him on loan with an option to buy

Think it's time to go transfer crazy. Take into consideration that Moyes didn't utilise a squad and we've lost 3 players and will possibly lose 2 more (Felli plus a defender), I'd estimate we need to bring 7 in. Priorities RM, DM or box-to-box, CM, AM, GK, ST, CB possibly even an 8th (CM) if we don't promote Lundstram or Junior.

Triple raid on Borussia Monchengladbach for

GK - Steger £8 mil

CM - Xhaka £8 mil

ST - De Jong £14 mil

then the 4th slot likely CB - Alcaraz

Still think we'd be short by 3 players

DM - Rodwell/Badalj £8 mil

AM - Honda/Diego £5 mil/ (loan)De Bruyne

RW - £8 mil Moses/ £7 mil Arnautovic/ £8 mil Harnik

Barton too, if he gets released.

Lol it would appear the options are as follows

GK - Anyone we can get from Wigan

Def - Anyone we can get from Wigan

Mid -Anyone we can get from Wigan

STR- Anyone we can get from Wigan

Which is a bit annoying after Martinez specifically said that wouldn't be the case :(.

If take Moses though, vastly underrated. Did very well at Chelsea when given the opportunity.

He isn't a 'stylish' name, so Mourinho won't play him. If definitely take him.

If. And its a big if. We could sign Honda, that would be incredible. Id play a False 9 system, similar to Martinez's previous lineups.

-----------------Joel----------------

Coleman-Jags-Distin-Baines

-----Gibson-------Fellaini-------

----------------Ossie--------------

--------------Honda-------------

------Moses ------ Mirallas---

Awesome.

Despite them all being ex-Wigan, I'm happy with our signings so far.

Joel: We needed to bring a goalkeeper in and we did, and he's one for the future who may actually challenge Howard, unlike Mucha.

Alcaraz: Well he's coming on a free and I seriously doubt he'll be worse than Heitinga in this past season - I've always liked him and actually think he may form a decent partnership with Jags if/when Distin's legs start to go.

Kone: We were short of options in attack and we brought in a striker who had a good record in the Prem last season. Obviously he's almost 30 and cost a few million but we could have done worse. I won't lie though, I'm happier about Joel and Alcaraz joining. Kone... meh. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but his spell at Sevilla scares me, although it was a while ago.

So, if we bring in Moses and/or Honda and don't sell anyone I will be quite happy. It's probably unlikely though.

I think you can reasonably expect that Martinez will want to work with a squad of about 23 to 25 players in training, something like that in any case? Let's have a look at the current squad and see what we need!

We need at least two goal keepers who can be expected to play when called upon. So far we've only got Tim Howard, who had a shaky season last year. It looks like Joel Robles might sign soon and I'd be happy with that. He comes with some credentials: comes from the Atlético Madrid academy, played for the Spanish youth sides, displaced Al Habsi after being in Wigan for two months and most importantly, Inaki Bergara has already worked with him closely for 6 months and will have a better idea of what he can do than about other goal keepers. He's Spanish as well, so I'm just gonna presume that he's a ball playing keeper, which would be an important advantage he'd have over Howard and I could actually see him becoming our first choice goal keeper if Howard starts next season like he did last. Springthorpe or Taudul or whatever Academy keeper impresses the most can train with the first team as well.

I think our defense is pretty much already sorted. We've now got 4 centre backs for 2 positions in Jagielka, Distin, Heitinga and Alcaraz. We've got two right backs in Coleman and Hibbert and two left backs in Baines and Oviedo. We can look to get Stones, Duffy and Garbutt regular playing time in the lower leagues, preferably the Championship of course. If they do well and impress in next year's preseason, Stones can replace Hibbert and Duffy can replace either Distin or Heitinga who's contracts will be up. If Duffy is then deemed not ready at age 22, he should be moved on permanently.

The centre forward position is sorted with 3 players for 1 position in Koné, Jelavic and Anichebe. Vellios should get a loan to the Championship. If he's deemed not good enough to step up in the next preseason, he should be moved on as well as he too will be 22. then.

I'm presuming that Robles signs in the near future, but lets just say that will happen. That leaves us with the central midfield and wing positions to sort out.

On the wing we have Mirallas, Pienaar, Naismith and Gueye. I don't think Naismith should still be considered as an option on the wing. If any decent offers come in, I would sell him. Though I wouldn't blame Martinez if he keeps him around as another option for the middle of the park. Gueye should be moved on. I can also remember Moyes challenged Kennedy in the papers to earn his first team debut at the end of last season, that never happened but it meant he was considered at least so maybe he can step up this season. In any case, I think we need at least one winger, preferably two as I would actually like to see Pienaar in the middle. That means we either have a. Mirallas, Pienaar, a new winger and Kennedy or b. Mirallas, two new wingers and Kennedy. Keep in mind that we can always move Koné, Oviedo, Coleman, Osman, Naismith, Barkley (or Pienaar if he's considered a central midfielder) to the wing as well in case of emergencies.

The only players left who regularly played as central midfielders last season are Fellaini, Gibson and Osman. I'm gonna assume that Barkley will step up and play a larger role next season. No matter how exactly we're gonna line up, I think we could use a holding midfielder with some athleticism who can pass the ball and a more attacking midfielder. For me, Pienaar can be that attacking midfielder. He could play that position if we line up 2-1 but I'd really like to see him on the left of a 1-2 with Baines and Mirallas on his side of the pitch as well. Rumours of James McCarthy seemed to have died down, perhaps we can't afford him, but I'd like him. i think he could play any position both in a 1-2-midfield and in a 2-1-midfield.

So we need:

-a goal keeper, but it looks like Robles might be signing

-a holding midfielder

-an attacking midfielder, or Pienaar should be viewed as a central midfielder

-a winger, or two wingers if Pienaar is considered a central midfielder

That's another 4 players without selling anyone for me.

That was the intent :P

Did you see his "Guantanamo - force feed procedure"? I felt sorry for him. It's a must watch.

I did, had it up on facebook. Had my stomach pumped so know exactly how that tube goes in and out :(

anyway, back on topic....

Edited by Matt

With us signing Joel, Alcatraz and Kone that's covered the numbers in Neville, Hitz and Mucha, so already I'd say we're stronger than last season. With the lad from Barca looking likely albeit on loan then we are strengthening the squad further with someone who could challenge for a 1st team spot.

In my opinion we still need at least one central midfielder and that's without selling.

I believe we are now set-up to sell Fellaini with the proceeds being able to be focused on strengthening central midfield with at least 2 players due to the business we have already done. Heitinga can go so that money/wages saved will be a bonus.

If Baines went then I'd be gutted but we have Oviedo and hopefully a break through season for Garbutt, so I wouldn't necessarily want us to sign a replacement lb/lwb, I'd sooner see us spend big on a 20 goal a season striker.

All in all it seems this early business is very encouraging.

With us signing Joel, Alcatraz and Kone that's covered the numbers in Neville, Hitz and Mucha, so already I'd say we're stronger than last season. With the lad from Barca looking likely albeit on loan then we are strengthening the squad further with someone who could challenge for a 1st team spot.

In my opinion we still need at least one central midfielder and that's without selling.

I believe we are now set-up to sell Fellaini with the proceeds being able to be focused on strengthening central midfield with at least 2 players due to the business we have already done. Heitinga can go so that money/wages saved will be a bonus.

If Baines went then I'd be gutted but we have Oviedo and hopefully a break through season for Garbutt, so I wouldn't necessarily want us to sign a replacement lb/lwb, I'd sooner see us spend big on a 20 goal a season striker.

All in all it seems this early business is very encouraging.

I heard a rumor that we're also planning to bring in, Parkhurst, Belmarsh, Pentonville, Barlinnie and Wormwood Scrubs if we can get them for next season. Sounds like one or two promising names there..

I am encouraged with the signings. Come on people, we don't have the money to spend like other clubs, so these are the sort of players we can expect (at the moment). They aren't bad signings and it shows that Martinez is active - not dithering as we have seen before. One more marquee midfielder like Honda, or similar reputation/quality and that would set us up nicely. If we sell Baines or Fellaini, we'd better get good money in return and similar quality replacements. Season has started well so far IMHO.

The way I see it , regardless of where they have come from

Robles is way better than Mucha

Alcaraz is better than Hietinga

Kone is better than Anichebe and Jelavic

So whatever way you cut it the squad has improved on last season already and that has got to be a good thing surely?

dunno if Kone is better than Jela or if Heits is worse than Alcaraz.

Im looking at it being 3 solid (though not exciting - Robles maybe aside) signings for 6m and probably all covered by Moyes salary alone! Theres no player out of the door that were going to miss (yet - long may it stay that way) so weve definitely strengthened.

dunno if Kone is better than Jela or if Heits is worse than Alcaraz.

Im looking at it being 3 solid (though not exciting - Robles maybe aside) signings for 6m and probably all covered by Moyes salary alone! Theres no player out of the door that were going to miss (yet - long may it stay that way) so weve definitely strengthened.

Im basing it on last seasons form , and I think my 6 year old daughter was better than both Jela and Johnny on that form

With the Barca lad signed I think we still need an attacking midfielder if nobody leaves. If Felli goes different story. We don't know how Bobby will set up so if a big deal comes in for Felli he knows Diame is there for £3.5. Im not saying he is a patch on Felli but if he does the simple things well we can spend on the attacking side