IGNORED

Joel Robles

Anger aside I dont think he's good enough to be our long standing no1

He's a tier below what we need a tad to good to be sat on a our bench but not good enough for what we want and need, He'll be better suited to a lesser side/other league tbh.

would be a solid mid table la liga keeper. or lower premier league side keeper. i agree paul.

not sure if you watched matt but overall he was awful today. everytime he kicked he kicked to a liverpool player. for as bad as the defense was he could have saved the last goal.

of course I watched! His distribution was terrible but don't see what he could've done more for the goals. Not a good game by any stretch, but enough to write him off? Not a chance.

The third shouldn't have got past him tbh Matt it was a relatively easy save to make and he didn't even move for it, the first his positioning was poor but his view was impeded the second wouldn't have happened if he didn't put Pennington a player clearly crumbling under the pressure in a tight spot that aside his distribution was dire today as well

The third shouldn't have got past him tbh Matt it was a relatively easy save to make and he didn't even move for it, the first his positioning was poor but his view was impeded the second wouldn't have happened if he didn't put Pennington a player clearly crumbling under the pressure in a tight spot that aside his distribution was dire today as well

positioning on the third was bad, yeah. The other two were down to Pennington and Williams.

Anyway, a bad game but not enough to write him off for me.

of course I watched! His distribution was terrible but don't see what he could've done more for the goals. Not a good game by any stretch, but enough to write him off? Not a chance.

Matt are you serious? He was so out of position for the first it was laughable, it was something I expect to see watching my 8 year old play and I don't want to even talk about the 3rd.

He's had a good purple patch but that's twice now he's fucked up massively.

Matt are you serious? He was so out of position for the first it was laughable, it was something I expect to see watching my 8 year old play and I don't want to even talk about the 3rd.

He's had a good purple patch but that's twice now he's fucked up massively.

very serious. First shot should never had been allowed and he was caught off guard. Second again, third also.

I'm not saying he's blameless, but all three should've been prevented by the CBs and DCM

How many of you critising have ever played in goal properly?

Should have caught the 3rd? Out of position for the first that was scuffed in the corner between the defenders legs? You probably don't realise that scuffed shits are the hardest to react to.

I still maintain that he isn't the keeper for us for the future but he couldn't have done anything else today to stop them scoring and in fact he pulled off a great save to make it less embarrassing.

Should have caught the 3rd? Out of position for the first that was scuffed in the corner between the defenders legs? You probably don't realise that scuffed shits are the hardest to react to.

I still maintain that he isn't the keeper for us for the future but he couldn't have done anything else today to stop them scoring and in fact he pulled off a great save to make it less embarrassing.

Scuffed shits always catch you by surprise. Always happen when no toilet is close by.

The boo brigade are so quick to emerge.

A bit like you with Koeman you mean? Alls you've done is say fuck all when we've been on a brilliant win, the minute we lose you're crowing in the Koeman thread but because you've championed Robles he's excused from having a shocker against Tottenham and the Shite.

Double standards much!

very serious. First shot should never had been allowed and he was caught off guard. Second again, third also.

I'm not saying he's blameless, but all three should've been prevented by the CBs and DCM

Matt, the first goal was absolutely shocking, it pea rolled in and he rn after it like a junior kid would, he may as well be smoking a fucking cigar in the Kop as standing there. The shot got away, it's his job to anticipate it not be 5 full yards out of position. Granted the second he has no chaance but the 3rd?? What the fuck is he thinking??

It was absolutely shocking keeping.

Matt, the first goal was absolutely shocking, it pea rolled in and he rn after it like a junior kid would, he may as well be smoking a fucking cigar in the Kop as standing there. The shot got away, it's his job to anticipate it not be 5 full yards out of position. Granted the second he has no chaance but the 3rd?? What the fuck is he thinking??

It was absolutely shocking keeping.

Agree. The first he was so slow in reacting. I think he thought it was going wide so his angles were all wrong. The third one was just stupid. Origi's shot wasn't even remotely close to the corner and if he's have stayed still he would have stopped it. Terrible goalkeeping.

I played since I could tie my shoe laces and played for decent youth sides then onto a very good adult albeit amateur side

I've known lads move onto better things due to family connections who weren't as good just one of those things but the point being although I'm no Buffon I know what's decent positioning and when you can make an attempt for the ball

I like him he's a decent keeper he's just not quite got it at the level we want

I played since I could tie my shoe laces and played for decent youth sides then onto a very good adult albeit amateur side

I've known lads move onto better things due to family connections who weren't as good just one of those things but the point being although I'm no Buffon I know what's decent positioning and when you can make an attempt for the ball

I like him he's a decent keeper he's just not quite got it at the level we want

I completely agree with that last bit, we need better, but the way people seem to be holding him responsible for 3 goals that no keeper would have saved is beyond ridiculous. Two of them were right in the corner and the other was 1 v 1 at power and outside of his reach.

I am just watching the Arsenal game and Ospina conceded a goal by trying to dive for the ball instead of moving his feet. Yesterday Neville was slagging of Joel for not saving a shit he had no right to save, yet Ospina was beaten by pace of the shot. It's absolute bullshit.

I completely agree with that last bit, we need better, but the way people seem to be holding him responsible for 3 goals that no keeper would have saved is beyond ridiculous. Two of them were right in the corner and the other was 1 v 1 at power and outside of his reach.

I am just watching the Arsenal game and Ospina conceded a goal by trying to dive for the ball instead of moving his feet. Yesterday Neville was slagging of Joel for not saving a shit he had no right to save, yet Ospina was beaten by pace of the shot. It's absolute bullshit.

He was at fault for 2. First he was miles out of position, it wasn't even a hard shot. Mane must have thought it was christmas when he saw he had over three quarters of the goal to shoot at and the 3rd there is no need for him to rush out it was horrendous keeping.

The second was a quality goal.

He was at fault for 2. First he was miles out of position, it wasn't even a hard shot. Mane must have thought it was christmas when he saw he had over three quarters of the goal to shoot at and the 3rd there is no need for him to rush out it was horrendous keeping.

The second was a quality goal.

I'm guessing you have never played in goal. You try and save a shot between a players legs that has been scuffed into the corner. No keeper in the league saves that shot.

Last goal he came off his line to narrow the angle. That's goalkeeping 101. He was preemtping the shot going in the other corner but it doesn't matter as he wouldn't have got to it. No keeper would have unless they had preempted Origi finishing it where he did.