IGNORED

Joel Robles

.... shite goalkeeping for their 2nd. Miles out of position again

This is my concern about Robles. Maybe it's the camera angles (though I doubt it), but especially on free kicks, he's frequently a step or even 2 off where he should be. Just seems -- literally, looks -- like fundamentally, laughably poor positioning.

At any moment, he's capable of making a spectacukar save, but also of screwing up abysmally. I don't see him as a long-term #1, and will be both surprised and disappointed if we don't bring in a better GK this summer.

This is my concern about Robles. Maybe it's the camera angles (though I doubt it), but especially on free kicks, he's frequently a step or even 2 off where he should be. Just seems -- literally, looks -- like fundamentally, laughably poor positioning.

At any moment, he's capable of making a spectacukar save, but also of screwing up abysmally. I don't see him as a long-term #1, and will be both surprised and disappointed if we don't bring in a better GK this summer.

Yep, he was horribly out of position against Liverpool for the 1st and again against Leicester for their 2nd, he had a mare against Spurs.

I'd love Joe Hart in the summer. I think he'll go to the shite though.

Yep, he was horribly out of position against Liverpool for the 1st and again against Leicester for their 2nd, he had a mare against Spurs.

I'd love Joe Hart in the summer. I think he'll go to the shite though.

i think the fact people can pick out examples here and there of how he screwed up shows how good he actually is.

Quite honestly, I could quote more examples of De Gea making mistakes this season than Robles. No goalie is perfect. It's all a matter of stats, and Robles is about tops in the league when it comes to stats.

Robles will never be as good as De Gea they are also exactly the same age Steve so I don't get your constant comparison with them. De Gea is twice if not more as good as Robles and they're exactly the same age so De Gea made mistakes when he was learning- Robles is miles behind him.

De Gea has had several seasons playing st the highest level and started with arguably the best manager the Premier League has had. Robles had Martinez and been on the bench 80% of his career. Robles is still learning, De Gea is established because he's had opportunity. You say De Gea made mistakes whilst he was learning, that's what Joel is doing now; should he not be afforded the same patience and chance to prove himself?

De Gea is still prone to howlers too by the way

De Gea has had several seasons playing st the highest level and started with arguably the best manager the Premier League has had. Robles had Martinez and been on the bench 80% of his career. Robles is still learning, De Gea is established because he's had opportunity. You say De Gea made mistakes whilst he was learning, that's what Joel is doing now; should he not be afforded the same patience and chance to prove himself?

De Gea is still prone to howlers too by the way

There's a reason for all that above - De Gea is a better keeper.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/stats?competition=1&category=goalkeeping&sort=10

These stats show Robles as 5th out of 32 keepers used in the PL this season. His stats are impressive (see number of Saves relative to amount of games played) and we only notice his clangers more because we watch him for 90 mins every week, i'm sure fans of other teams would have lots to say about their own keepers mistakes too!

He can definitely improve without a doubt, but he's good enough at the moment.

Edited by MatthewT

Haf I mean Matt.... Ducks for cover ?

He's a decent keeper but lacks that final edge for me, he's 75% of the keeper we need imo

but he can get there, and to do so he needs a real chance. This season he's had a real chance and for the most part he's been very good to excellent. He's had some shocking moments too, but that happens (incidentally, in the games he has been poor, the entire team has been poor)