IGNORED

Joel Robles

First goal he could have done better, but it's in no way his a fault. Kane has a sweet shot on him and shouldn't have been allowed to shoot.

Second goal, Robles was to blame. But that doesn't excuse the defenders lack of taking responsibility.

Three were to blame for the second goal.

First goal he could have done better, but it's in no way his a fault. Kane has a sweet shot on him and shouldn't have been allowed to shoot.

Second goal, Robles was to blame. But that doesn't excuse the defenders lack of taking responsibility.

Three were to blame for the second goal.

I wouldn't say he is too blame for the first goal, but a better keeper probably would've gotten to it.

I agree with you on the second goal.

He didn't roll it out to the last man? Mori was furthest back, then Williams and Morgan came running in asking for it. The fault lies, mostly, with Morgan. He should have been more prepared for it considering it was he who was moving towards the ball, wanting it. At the time of the ball going to Morgan, he was a free man in space. But he reacted too slow and did the old school boy error of waiting for the ball to come to feet.

The first goal, Gana gives up on Kane and allows him to run. Meanwhile, Barry is running away from Kane, creating a nice shooting space. Barry's only attempt was to stop, show Kane his arse and stick out a lazy leg. Kane hit an absolute peach of a shot.

How Robles gets the full blame for these goals goes beyond me.

He did roll the ball to the last man in the central position that's the mistake the other players may have been slightly deeper but they were wider, you just don't do that it's to dangerous and most managers would say in no circumstances do I want to see that, and most keepers wouldn't attempt it.

Wasn't Morgan facing the opposition? To me it looks like he is facing the other way.

Watch the below.

Tell me he isn't facing the ball? He isn't in space? He hasn't ran towards the ball, stopped and allowed the ball to come to him? Morgan fanny's around on the ball and allows himself to get closed down.

We see keepers play the ball from the back plenty of times in games. They don't just hoof it everytime. It's alright saying he should have hoofed it afterwards, but at the time it wasn't a bad option. And to be fair, you can bet your life that 9.9/10 Morgan does the right thing with that ball.

https://youtu.be/w5pO44Y3TkY

I really really hope he continues to improve and become a class keeper because he seems to love it here and he gets what Everton is about.

Let me push you on your statement (which I'm really pleased to read!): What do you see in Robles today that wasn't there in the past? (I can only see what the cameras show, but you see every aspect of his game in person.)

Let me push you on your statement (which I'm really pleased to read!): What do you see in Robles today that wasn't there in the past? (I can only see what the cameras show, but you see every aspect of his game in person.)

my opinion on that is he is confident, he now uses his hands more (which sounds fucking ridiculous I know) as he used to use his feet a lot when a catch would have been better.

Watch the below.

Tell me he isn't facing the ball? He isn't in space? He hasn't ran towards the ball, stopped and allowed the ball to come to him? Morgan fanny's around on the ball and allows himself to get closed down.

We see keepers play the ball from the back plenty of times in games. They don't just hoof it everytime. It's alright saying he should have hoofed it afterwards, but at the time it wasn't a bad option. And to be fair, you can bet your life that 9.9/10 Morgan does the right thing with that ball.

https://youtu.be/w5pO44Y3TkY

9 times out of 10 they have both done the right thing. Morgan shows in more than enough space, Joel finds him but the problem is Williams isn't paying attention and I'm not sure too many others are.

In hindsight it was probably the wrong situation to play out because of Williams but if Williams switches on or Morgan turns the other way there is no problem as there wouldn't be the 98 other times that passage of play unfolds.

I'm the League, it's 8 clean sheets in 13 appearances this season.

Averages 3 saves per game. Conceded 0.81 goals per game.

He might not be the ultimate keeper, but he's doing his fair share!!!

We defend well, but can always improve. Imagine next season with a better centre half (Keane, or Van Dijk if my dreams come true) to rotate into the line up and a class keeper (Hart, Schmeichel, Begovic etc) who will show up in the big games. Could have one of the best defensive records in the EPL next season.

We defend well, but can always improve. Imagine next season with a better centre half (Keane, or Van Dijk if my dreams come true) to rotate into the line up and a class keeper (Hart, Schmeichel, Begovic etc) who will show up in the big games. Could have one of the best defensive records in the EPL next season.

We have one of the best defences now! I think only 4 teams have conceded less. And they have games in hand.

It's good to see that he makes more saves per game than any of the keepers for the teams in the top 6. Only Cech matches his 3 per game.

I'm not sure what can be taken from that. As you go down the League, the keepers are naturally busier. He's in a good place. Doing a good job.

• 2 weeks later...