IGNORED

Joel Robles

Another clean sheet and saved us a point. Wondering how much he has to do for people to release he's good enough to be our number 1

Slowly but surly believing that he can be our number 1. He's been superb when he's played this season. I like to see such a commanding keeper, and one that's not afraid to come off his line.

If he does this until the end of the season I'd be more than happy if we didn't buy a keeper in the summer. Excited almost.

Mori can't play in a centre back pairing - fine in a 3 when there's extra cover but in a pairing he just doesn't have the brain. For this reason I think he'll be sold this summer. If we can't get van Dijk then Gibson from Boro wouldn't be a bad shout as left sided centre back.

Mori can't play in a centre back pairing - fine in a 3 when there's extra cover but in a pairing he just doesn't have the brain. For this reason I think he'll be sold this summer. If we can't get van Dijk then Gibson from Boro wouldn't be a bad shout as left sided centre back.

We've got no chance of VVD, people need to knock that one on the head to avoid disappointment. I rate Keane more than Gibson, but probably only because I've seen slightly more of him. I doubt there's much between them at all.

We've got no chance of VVD, people need to knock that one on the head to avoid disappointment. I rate Keane more than Gibson, but probably only because I've seen slightly more of him. I doubt there's much between them at all.

I'm talking about a left sided centre back as I think we'll get Keane (replacement to Jags) and another (replacement to Mori).

Boro are shite going forward, that was the only reason that stayed 0-0 yesterday, we were all over the place.

Conditions were pretty horrific like but that's no excuse.

Your right to be fair.

Their finishing was terrible.

But it shows just how bad we were that we play against such a dire attacking team.... and our goals gets MoM!

Your right to be fair.

Their finishing was terrible.

But it shows just how bad we were that we play against such a dire attacking team.... and our goals gets MoM!

Was he though Shukes? I'd say Valdes made better saves than Robles.

It was a dour game, it was freezing, absolutely pissing down, they sat with 2 banks of 4 and booted fuck out of us to stop us playing.

We can't win every game and last season we lose that game for defo. Lukaku and Lookman should have scored .

It was just a shit game imo.

Was he though Shukes? I'd say Valdes made better saves than Robles.

It was a dour game, it was freezing, absolutely pissing down, they sat with 2 banks of 4 and booted fuck out of us to stop us playing.

We can't win every game and last season we lose that game for defo. Lukaku and Lookman should have scored .

It was just a shit game imo.

Agree totally mate.

Their keeper wa the best performer on the pitch and actually for MoM officially.

But on our forums our keeper got MoM, although there were only two saves. Yet our defence we're apparently dire?

Personally I think it's more our opponents were bad.

Someone put Robles stats up recently, and it proved that our defence restricts shots against.

So is our clean sheets down to the keeper or the defence?

Against Bournemouth, we had shots against and conceded 3, the first a simple tap past the keeper on his knees....a criticism of Howard. But Robles was commented that he didn't stand a chance?

He didn't even spread.

Look, I get that people rate him, and even I can see he is better than I thought, but he is not good enough for the top four...... simple as that!

Any offers? Any at all?

Edit: I mean any offers to steal him away.

Edited by Shukes

I agree with a lot of what you say there Shukes, but I think he's getting better now he's playing. He can only learn so much on the training pitch, matches are where he'll make the biggest improvement. I've more confidence in him now than ever before.

We all remember how poor De Gea was when he got to United, but they stuck with him because of his huge potential. I think Joel is worth having until the end of the season at least.

Agree totally mate.

Their keeper wa the best performer on the pitch and actually for MoM officially.

But on our forums our keeper got MoM, although there were only two saves. Yet our defence we're apparently dire?

Personally I think it's more our opponents were bad.

Someone put Robles stats up recently, and it proved that our defence restricts shots against.

So is our clean sheets down to the keeper or the defence?

Against Bournemouth, we had shots against and conceded 3, the first a simple tap past the keeper on his knees....a criticism of Howard. But Robles was commented that he didn't stand a chance?

He didn't even spread.

Look, I get that people rate him, and even I can see he is better than I thought, but he is not good enough for the top four...... simple as that!

Any offers? Any at all?

Edit: I mean any offers to steal him away.

The 3rd shouldn't count because the ball went out. The second, the defence lost their man leaving him high and dry. For the first, he rushed out to narrow the angle because again Williams (I think) didn't react quick enough. He could've spread himself better, but I think he was trying to prevent a nutmeg because of the angle and just got unlucky

As for the reduced number of shots, I put it down to the DCMs more than the CBs. Don't get me wrong, I've rated Williams for years, I'm still on the fence with Mori. However, together they simply do not look comfortable, which is normal considering it's a reasonably new partnership.

I agree with a lot of what you say there Shukes, but I think he's getting better now he's playing. He can only learn so much on the training pitch, matches are where he'll make the biggest improvement. I've more confidence in him now than ever before.

We all remember how poor De Gea was when he got to United, but they stuck with him because of his huge potential. I think Joel is worth having until the end of the season at least.

I think people underestimate how important it is for keepers to play games, it's one of the reasons they improve with age. I know I didn't train every day like these guys do but when I went back to playing 11 a side it took me a good year to be at a stage where I thought I could save anything again. It's such a psychological position because outfield players can make 10 mistakes leading to a goal but as a keeper you always think you could have saved it and therefore start questioning what went wrong, what you can do next time etc. Outfield players make 20/30/40 mistakes a game but don't worry about it because they are involved again instantly and don't have the time to think about it.

I don't think you can fault Joel for any of the goals we have conceded recently. He has made a couple of strange decisions but because they haven't been punished or focussed upon, no-one cares about them.

I have always said he is a good keeper, but if the opportunity arises we should still be looking out for a true number 1. They are few and far between though!

Still need to buy in the summer IMO. Joel has done very well but isn't the complete keeper for me.

Has to be given an absolute boatload of praise for the way he's handled himself recently, especially in light of Koeman publicly declaring him to be number 2 and forcing his way into the starting 11. Huge respect.

He deserves his place no doubt. And even I have warmed to him recently. I feel more confident with him in goal than steks.

I'm not blaming him for any of the goals conceded. I just haven't saw him have one of those matches yet. Most of the votes for MoM have been due to the rest of the team being so bad rather than him so good. Saturday is typical of this. They had three shots on target,

One header straight at him.

One blocked.

And an excellent stop to earn us a point.

His kicking was woeful, but I blame the team for sitting so deep for that.

He also had a few nerdy punches out to the edge of our area.

Yet he gets MoM!

Was there anyone that deserves it more? No, we were awful second half.

He is proving that he is a solid keeper, I'm just not sure he is a top six keeper.