IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

50 minutes ago, MikeO said:

True enough, I thought Matt was referring to the (and I'm in full agreement) infantile practice of someone using the daft quotation marks gesture when speaking...

Does Donald Trump Know What Quotation Marks Are For? An Investigation | GQ

That's exactly what I mean. I know that's not what is meant but it always reads like that :lol:

There was a small hint, only small, that Moshiri may be learning his lessons when he talked about himself needing to be more patient. Also refreshing to know a good head like Tim Cahill was heavily involved by Moshiri in the decision to appoint Lampard.

Small steps people. Small rays of light. But after the last 6 years I'll take them and make love to them.

3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

There was a small hint, only small, that Moshiri may be learning his lessons when he talked about himself needing to be more patient. Also refreshing to know a good head like Tim Cahill was heavily involved by Moshiri in the decision to appoint Lampard.

Small steps people. Small rays of light. But after the last 6 years I'll take them and make love to them.

It was all going so well and then… 😂

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm hoping, not to mix topics here, that Moshiri cuts all ties with USM. Don't care if that threatens club finances but I would like the club to cut all ties with anything associated with Russian billionaire money. 

Isn’t most of Moshiri’s money linked with Usmanov in someways? or are they more friends than business partners. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Isn’t most of Moshiri’s money linked with Usmanov in someways? or are they more friends than business partners. 

I believe both. Not saying it would be an easy thing for him to do, personally or professionally, but it would be the right thing to do.

Just now, Matt said:

I believe both. Not saying it would be an easy thing for him to do, personally or professionally, but it would be the right thing to do.

Without doubt it would, has Usmanov or Abramovic been named as one of the Oligarchs the government is going after. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm hoping, not to mix topics here, that Moshiri cuts all ties with USM. Don't care if that threatens club finances but I would like the club to cut all ties with anything associated with Russian billionaire money. 

Has USM been linked in any way with the Russian Govt? 

59 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Has USM been linked in any way with the Russian Govt? 

1 hour ago, Louis said:

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0608

"USM Limited Liability Company is a financial company located in Russia
"

Some deals done in recent history now look suspicious. But I'll admit I'm jumping the gun here. I admit it's too easy an assumption to make that a successful Russian billionaire is linked to the Kremlin but when you see it mentioned on government websites its maybe not as knee jerk as it appears?

Usmanov is an oligarch who is closely linked to Putin through money and friendship, as a club I would rather we cut all links to USM and Usmanov now, rather than having the indignity of being told we have too, we should do the right thing now ourselves rather than having to be told too, this morally is the right thing to do people dying in Ukraine for peace freedom and democracy is far bigger than anything to do with Everton FC and it’s finances. Let’s stop supporting these animals and their dirty money, it’s embarrassing for all supporters that care about what’s happening in Ukraine that our club hasn’t taken the lead on this as Man U and others have in sport and business. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Gues that’s Richarlison , DCL and Pickford sold in the summer then and god only knows where it leaves BMD

I was going to say, it probably leaves facing financial oblivion like.

Not for a moment saying we haven't done the right thing, but we're pretty shit at the commercial side of things. These deals were handed to us on a plate, we've still not managed to find a sleeve sponsor ourselves, so I don't have an ounce of faith in DBB to adequately replace what we'll lose.

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

We have done the right thing, well done!

Everton is a massive, massive, massive attractive club to buy with the stadium being built.  

Not so sure we are that attractive to be honest, ok we have a half built stadium that may or may not get finished but what else would attract buyers ?

We are struggling at the wrong end of the table and will most likely have to sell our best players just to keep afloat now

Unless the new owners want to invest enough money to take on the Sky 6 and Newcastle there isn’t any chance of making any kind of profit .