IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can’t imagine anyone at the club looking at it and then telling him it was his own fault. So who’s going to carry the can? Or does the reviewer take the easy option and blame people who have already left the club?

More than likely! 

I am not really sure it should take all that long to review either. 

The Director of Football wasnt allowed to full control over footballing affairs. 

We repeatedly hire managers that do not fit in with the traditional ethos of the club nor play football in a way in which the fans expect. 

We repeatedly buy players at the wrong end of the pay and fee spectrum (less so since Brands), who dont fit into the type of player that fit into how the fans what to see their football being played, nor the manager so it seems. 

We just need to stop pretending that we are on the edge of the big clubs and that in buying a few high profile players will change that. It never does. 

We need a good core of players that work hard and can play how the manager wants them to. Build slowly season after season. Adding quality as we go, but not at the expense of the clubs finances nor of the underlying principles of an Everton player. No more primadonnas wanting a big pay day that we can't move on towards the end of their contracts.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

More than likely! 

I am not really sure it should take all that long to review either. 

The Director of Football wasnt allowed to full control over footballing affairs. 

We repeatedly hire managers that do not fit in with the traditional ethos of the club nor play football in a way in which the fans expect. 

We repeatedly buy players at the wrong end of the pay and fee spectrum (less so since Brands), who dont fit into the type of player that fit into how the fans what to see their football being played, nor the manager so it seems. 

We just need to stop pretending that we are on the edge of the big clubs and that in buying a few high profile players will change that. It never does. 

We need a good core of players that work hard and can play how the manager wants them to. Build slowly season after season. Adding quality as we go, but not at the expense of the clubs finances nor of the underlying principles of an Everton player. No more primadonnas wanting a big pay day that we can't move on towards the end of their contracts.

Have you submitted your fees to Moshiri, Bailey?

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Fuck sake Bailey isn’t that what we are trying to do with Mykolenko but your not happy with that route, be consistent mate like the team we need a bit of consistency 😉

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Fuck sake Bailey isn’t that what we are trying to do with Mykolenko but your not happy with that route, be consistent mate like the team we need a bit of consistency 😉

Dont worry I still saw it 🤣

I think £20mil and almost £60k a week is quite a lot for a player in a weak league. That is likely to be a big chunk of any money we have to spend if this summer is anything to go by! 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Dont worry I still saw it 🤣

I think £20mil and almost £60k a week is quite a lot for a player in a weak league. That is likely to be a big chunk of any money we have to spend if this summer is anything to go by! 

Fair enough but are you more concerned about the league he’s come from or the player himself? Also there are a lot of players in the PL who never started out in the top leagues. Anyway we will have to disagree on this one, I’m not arguing with anyone who shows leagueist tendencies😂

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Fair enough but are you more concerned about the league he’s come from or the player himself? Also there are a lot of players in the PL who never started out in the top leagues. Anyway we will have to disagree on this one, I’m not arguing with anyone who shows leagueist tendencies😂

🤣

No I do agree it should be about the player themselves because good players come from bad leagues however more good players come from better leagues.

You have to bear that in mind when you are assessing players. Playing up against bad players in a bad league can make a player look better than they are. It just increases the risk of purchasing a player when compared to someone who has been there and done it at the highest level. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

They aren't at the end of my posts Steve, Just everybody else's.  All sorted now that I've changed browser. Cheers 👍

I know they aren’t on your posts. It’s when other people have used emojis, but they need to be on your devices/browsers keyboard for it to be able to display them. 

Nothing wrong with this for me. He is in a position that doesn’t give him director responsibility.

He has vast knowledge of the club and loves the club as much as we do.

I also applaud the club for looking after their own. I run my business along the same lines…. Bring friends and those who supported me along. 

Probably helps he was one of my favourite players growing up and the first No9 I got to witness.

Edited by Shukes
I’m thick!