IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

17 minutes ago, StevO said:

The cameras wouldn’t have bothered showing the seats if they didn’t know about it. They don’t ask questions at games when Bill isn’t there anyway. I’ve never looked at the directors box and wondered who’s sat there. 

That’s why you haven’t seen me at any games 😉

I really don’t understand how we have got ourselves into a society where people who help others are ridiculed as some kind of glory hunters for their own gains, for me people should know it sets a good example for others to maybe emulate and help others less fortunate. Would we rather he sold his seats on stub hub like some of greedy fuckers do for a profit. 
If people carry on in this vein we will turn people away from doing good deeds because there feel negative criticism is to much to bare and where will charities stand then, or are we saying it’s alright for Joe public to donate and raise money but not people in the public eye because they are just in it for themselves. 
I say carry on Bill your money and gestures have made some large and small differences to better people’s life’s, and I’m sure they are more grateful you did than didn’t. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Yeah I get all that. But Bill being the perfect figurehead for the club, not so much. Bill the chairman is just another one of his characters to me, but one he plays himself. The poor football club owner who’d give the shirt off his back for the club and mortgages his own house (he didn’t) to save the club. Still took the £40m profit he made on his shares though (which he is entitled to), just done make out he’s a saint. 

He is a diva though, isn’t he? 😂

it was a nice gesture, that I agree with. But do nice things for the sake of being nice, don’t need to advertise it on the club website and pass on the details to BT sport. The end of the day, it was just two seats of the 2,000, they just happened to be in the location Bill normally sits. 

This for me.  Sorry it's not a popular opinion but the best thing he done for the club is selling his shares ... Just a pity it came many years too late.

I wish him well, I reckon he would be an intoxicating person to talk all things Everton with etc etc but I'm not bought in to the Everton first myself second act.... That's fine, not many are but most don't make out they are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. 

The corridors of power were an awful place under his watch, poor commercial performance, awful chief execs and poor decisions that cost us dearly.

I'm pleased that his interarction is that of a public face rather than a decision making brain. 

21 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I really don’t understand how we have got ourselves into a society where people who help others are ridiculed as some kind of glory hunters for their own gains, for me people should know it sets a good example for others to maybe emulate and help others less fortunate. Would we rather he sold his seats on stub hub like some of greedy fuckers do for a profit. 
If people carry on in this vein we will turn people away from doing good deeds because there feel negative criticism is to much to bare and where will charities stand then, or are we saying it’s alright for Joe public to donate and raise money but not people in the public eye because they are just in it for themselves. 
I say carry on Bill your money and gestures have made some large and small differences to better people’s life’s, and I’m sure they are more grateful you did than didn’t. 

I get all that palf, but we live in a society where people give it the social media "look how much of a good human I am - I'll take s photo of myself with a homeless person in my Canada goose jacket handing over a cup of coffee"..... It pisses me off big time and it's gotten out of hand.   

It's usually politicians who do it to curry favour and Joe public is heavy on it.  It doesn't mean they have good intentions, just that the fact they are doing it "publicly" makes it a calculated move..... It makes me less trusting of the person.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

The cameras wouldn’t have bothered showing the seats if they didn’t know about it. They don’t ask questions at games when Bill isn’t there anyway. I’ve never looked at the directors box and wondered who’s sat there. 

The owner and chairman are always shown during every game for a minute, it would’ve definitely happened again 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I get all that palf, but we live in a society where people give it the social media "look how much of a good human I am - I'll take s photo of myself with a homeless person in my Canada goose jacket handing over a cup of coffee"..... It pisses me off big time and it's gotten out of hand.   

It's usually politicians who do it to curry favour and Joe public is heavy on it.  It doesn't mean they have good intentions, just that the fact they are doing it "publicly" makes it a calculated move..... It makes me less trusting of the person.

I can understand you feeling that way mate, but I also think we have to understand that the media have a lot of page’s and columns and hours to fill, and will mention things without the knowledge of the person they are discussing. 
I personally like Bill I maybe wrong but I believe he’s a genuinely caring man, is his ego that big that at his age with all his wealth he still finds the need court publicity for such small gestures.  I pray not. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I can understand you feeling that way mate, but I also think we have to understand that the media have a lot of page’s and columns and hours to fill, and will mention things without the knowledge of the person they are discussing. 
I personally like Bill I maybe wrong but I believe he’s a genuinely caring man, is his ego that big that at his age with all his wealth he still finds the need court publicity for such small gestures.  I pray not. 

I probably need to really look at what it is that's bothering me with stuff that is generally accepted as positive and when you object to it.... If makes you look like a bit of a prick.

Celebrities have been at it for years... Children in need, comic relief - you were frowned on if you called Gary Barlow a prick for giving his time up on a Friday night to sing his latest song while all his earnings from it will be subject to less tax than a few of us on here would pay.   

Give me a Duncan Ferguson who went into alder hey most weeks... Not just Christmas to make a difference - no photography or media.... Just word of mouth from staff and parents who were grateful to him whilst he maintained his media ban.

I worked with some right virtue signallers.....  Full of overly charitable intentions but were the most narcissistic self absorbed materialistic people you could meet... They would exclude supposed friends, criticise them but jumped on the "be nice" tweets. 

Dunno ..... Maybe I'm just a grumpy prick! 

I don't think Bill is the worlds best chairman but there are some things that he is amazing at, and doing things like this is one of them.

He has done countless things like this from phoning lonely fans during lockdown to giving money to charity and being a big part of EITC. He sets the tone of how we at Everton act as a club.

He has never given up on Everton, even when things looked hopeless and many owners would have walked away he didn't he stayed and fought to keep us going. And when he did sell he waited to sell to the right person, and not a profit seeking bastard. 

He has messed up with things like Kings Dock and Fortress Fund, so he is by no means perfect, but his heart has always been for Everton.

I think a massive part of us in the amazing work EITC do, and that great work is publicised, and it is right it is. That good work permeates through the club so its only right that this is also publicised.

If Bill or Everton were saying how wonderful they are for doing these things, then it would be virtue signalling. But please take this and Bill and Everton for what they are. Good people doing good things that need to be celebrated and encouraged in others. 

Some really embarrassing posts in this thread to be honest, amazing how the nicest of gestures can leave people scraping the barrel to try and flip the news and continue the agenda. 

Fantastic gesture from Bill, and no problem with him broadcasting it either - by doing so he's sending out a message of compassion, of thinking about ones neighbour and bearing in mind those who are less fortunate, perhaps inspiring other figures at senior level at Premier League clubs up and down the country to do the same. 

Baffled, but not surprised that it's still not good enough. Hopefully we can get him replaced by Vincent Tan or Mike Ashley in the NY to give people a reality check.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Some really embarrassing posts in this thread to be honest, amazing how the nicest of gestures can leave people scraping the barrel to try and flip the news and continue the agenda. 

Fantastic gesture from Bill, and no problem with him broadcasting it either - by doing so he's sending out a message of compassion, of thinking about ones neighbour and bearing in mind those who are less fortunate, perhaps inspiring other figures at senior level at Premier League clubs up and down the country to do the same. 

Baffled, but not surprised that it's still not good enough. Hopefully we can get him replaced by Vincent Tan or Mike Ashley in the NY to give people a reality check.

Yes.... Whilst we are at it, Let's get a team together of average footballers who are bloody eggs.

They can score own goals and cost us trophies as long as they kiss the badge and do a good PR job. 

23 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yes.... Whilst we are at it, Let's get a team together of average footballers who are bloody eggs.

They can score own goals and cost us trophies as long as they kiss the badge and do a good PR job. 

Being a successful team and good people are not mutually exclusive Haf.

I don't understand why are you so aggressive and hostile to what is a good act by a good person at Christmas?

Maybe you need to do a bit of soul searching.

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

No issue with anyone doing anything nice. It’s the years of running the pity party, poor old Everton, no bigger Evertonian than me, no one buys football clubs, money in the bank tomorrow, Kirkby is the best thing for the club, welcome Sylvester Stallone, that leave me (and I’m sure some others) with a feeling that a lot of what he does, kind as it may be, is often about staying in the limelight. He’s not an integral part of the club anymore, he’s just got an honorary position, to me this smelt like don’t forget I’m still here. 

32 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I don't understand why are you so aggressive and hostile to what is a good act by a good person at Christmas?

I think neither myself or Haf are aggressive or hostile towards the act, we just question things when it comes to Bill. So often during the last 20 years he has lied to keep himself in favour of the fans, so when he’s doing something publicly (bear in mind he does very little publicly nowadays) we take it with a pinch of salt. 
As said earlier, no issue with the gesture, it’s nice, my original issue was that he’s the perfect figurehead for the club. Because in the last 20 years, yeah he’s been nice, but he’s been far from successful and has clung to his power and deceived us to do so. 
Again, very nice gesture, but it was just two seats out of 2,000. He effectively just didn’t go the match though. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed that, or anything being an issue when they aren’t there. 

Since I only ever get to watch on TV/stream it’s just something I’ve observed.

either way, it’s nonsense to say anything negative about it. 

54 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I was being facetious to the suggestion that the only alternative to having Bill Kenwright is that we would have Tam or Ashley. . ...... I mean it's not like Amanda Staverley  tried to introduce Kenwright to Mansoor prior to him awaiting Man City... Is it?  Well yeah she did and didn't get anywhere and we know see where that ended up.

I'm not aggressive or hostile - I'm just bewildered at the amount of faux praise for a London resident giving up his free seats in an empty stadium.  I'm also not sure why it's news worthy. 

I did say I need to ask why this an issue for me and it's not cos it doesn't come from a good place..... I just don't see kenwright as this white knight, and the whole publicity bollocks gets tiring with him when he told lie after lie at times when he got the club into shite with his croney Phillip green.... Yeah him "big friend to Everton".

Kenwright can knock himself out with all his PR antics and anyone else who loves a cheerleader. I'm just glad he's not operating the club any more. 

Don't get me wrong I am glad that Bill is not running the club. He has made mistakes, lots of mistakes. But as a figurehead, he has all the qualities that I look for, passion and love for the club, is a good person, good relationship with the manager and staff and knows how to promote us.

I know he divides opinion, I'm just saying he's a nice guy who did a nice thing, which is well, nice.

Just now, London Blue said:

Don't get me wrong I am glad that Bill is not running the club. He has made mistakes, lots of mistakes. But as a figurehead, he has all the qualities that I look for, passion and love for the club, is a good person, good relationship with the manager and staff and knows how to promote us.

I know he divides opinion, I'm just saying he's a nice guy who did a nice thing, which is well, nice.

The lots of mistakes went with alot of bullshit lies and ultimately alot of PR bollocks that got peddled by his chums in the media.  He is not soft when it comes to that side of things. Hence the scepticism.

He's a guilty pleasure when he is talking about Everton as it resonates with you, the passion is there as is the love for the club - but first and foremost he is all about £££ and his ego.  Hence his falling out with his nephew. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

No issue with anyone doing anything nice. It’s the years of running the pity party, poor old Everton, no bigger Evertonian than me, no one buys football clubs, money in the bank tomorrow, Kirkby is the best thing for the club, welcome Sylvester Stallone, that leave me (and I’m sure some others) with a feeling that a lot of what he does, kind as it may be, is often about staying in the limelight. He’s not an integral part of the club anymore, he’s just got an honorary position, to me this smelt like don’t forget I’m still here. 

Jesus your dislike of him is deep, I’m not going get into his failures or successes as the owner or the Chairman of the club, I wonder if the people who he’s helped feel the same way about him, I think this is one of these occasions when people on different sides agree to disagree, I hate to think what any guests who have viewed this must be thinking. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

The lots of mistakes went with alot of bullshit lies and ultimately alot of PR bollocks that got peddled by his chums in the media.  He is not soft when it comes to that side of things. Hence the scepticism.

He's a guilty pleasure when he is talking about Everton as it resonates with you, the passion is there as is the love for the club - but first and foremost he is all about £££ and his ego.  Hence his falling out with his nephew. 

I think we are going down a rabbit hole here, all some people,  including me, are saying is that Bill did a really nice thing and we are glad people know about it.

Nobody is saying he was the greatest chairman in the history of professional sports.

If people cant appreciate a kind act for what it is then it says more about them than the person who did the kind act.

Merry Christmas, good will to all people and that......

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

I think we all agree he’s a nice guy doing something nice. 
And on the plus side, we’ve had something to talk about on a pretty boring Sunday afternoon. 
😂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Jesus your dislike of him is deep, I’m not going get into his failures or successes as the owner or the Chairman of the club, I wonder if the people who he’s helped feel the same way about him, I think this is one of these occasions when people on different sides agree to disagree, I hate to think what any guests who have viewed this must be thinking. 

It’s deep because there has been so much of his rubbish to deal with over the years. 

I will say that we all find it ok to like or dislike a player, there are some that think Marcel has done a good job and bad job, there are some that like and dislike Moshiri, so the same should be applicable to the previous owner. And my opinion of him was that he did a very poor job running the club and spent a lot of time keeping his PR machine on the charm offensive. I just don’t think he was a good owner. If a player or manager performed as poorly they would have been chased out of the club. But he tells a great story and something always came along to save him. Or he pretended it did for a while then never mention it again. 

I think he’s a nice guy, met him a couple of times, he was very charming and welcoming. No issue with him as a man. Just don’t like someone who didn’t do great things be lauded over. Again, he’s a really nice guy. But I’m sure he would even tell you he’s not a great businessman, and that’s what we always needed.