IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, barryj said:

What’s Moshiri done other than been a bit naive with his own money? He’s invested in the team, helped get a new stadium project underway and changed the commercial aspect. Get a grip. 

I’m sick of this only being about money if though that gives him some sort of divine right to fuck this club up, remember this he has only lent the club the money on an interest free basis, which isn’t saving much in these days of low interest rates.

He might have money which he will get back when he wants, even if that means the club having to sell it’s assets to give him it back, money is just one part of being an owner, the next his knowing what you’re doing that’s the most important. 

Wouldn't be fair to get Unsy in again,  with the run of games coming up I doubt if he would take it on anyway. Got to keep Silva there for the next 5 games, he got us into this mess so let's see if he can get us out of it. If he can't that's the time to move him on.

18 minutes ago, Bill said:

Wouldn't be fair to get Unsy in again,  with the run of games coming up I doubt if he would take it on anyway. Got to keep Silva there for the next 5 games, he got us into this mess so let's see if he can get us out of it. If he can't that's the time to move him on.

Perfect time for a new manager to come in. If we get beat he gets a pass for the shite he’s inherited. Silva carries on and we get beat it’s toxic and ruins chrimbo 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

No it wouldn’t, but if required I’m sure as a Evertonian he would take on the challenge for the club..

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Apparently silva has the backing from the board. Starting to lose faith the the board as well as the manager. 

They have to say that, no manager in his right mind would take it on with the next 5 games on the horizon. New manager comes in at Xmas and has the January transfer window to help him out.

It’s just a terribly run football club. Everything we do has no planning or organisation. Nothing we do is proactive. Guess what, the same club that every single year is scrambling round on deadline day looking for signings or loan deals is doing exactly the same thing with the manager. Just embarrassing

1 minute ago, StevO said:

The club is run very well. Since Moshiri has come in he’s brought in experienced business people, and people he trusts, to run our commercial side. I’d argue all day that as a business we are much better run now than we ever were under Kenwrights ownership. 
The problem is the faith that has been put in a small number of people; Steve Walsh (who received so much credit for his work at Leicester, it was understandable), Koeman (he wanted a big name, and he got one, but names are just that) and Marco Silva. 
I wouldn’t even include Sam, I know he’s a horrible man and I hate that we had him but I understand why he was hired and I’m sure Moshiri knew what he was getting from day one. 

The club is at a really important point in history with the ground move ahead of us. We need to be competing at the right end of the table, and ideally in European competition, when the stadium opens. 

The next move is the biggest in Moshiri’s time at the club and we can’t really afford to get it wrong. If it takes a few more weeks to get it done I can accept that, it’ll just kill us in the meantime. 

This, what we are lacking is a manager who has the technical skills to get the best out the players, and the tactical knowledge to set up a system the players have confidence in, and that works. With Brands assisting in that decision, I would rather wait a few weeks to get the right person, as this will be a key appointment, its the one that can mold this squad into one that challenges for Europe, and will hopefully lead us into our new home.

I trust Brands to get rid of the dead wood, and bring in new players, I think several of the players we have are toxic and need to go asap. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

The club is run very well. Since Moshiri has come in he’s brought in experienced business people, and people he trusts, to run our commercial side. I’d argue all day that as a business we are much better run now than we ever were under Kenwrights ownership. 
The problem is the faith that has been put in a small number of people; Steve Walsh (who received so much credit for his work at Leicester, it was understandable), Koeman (he wanted a big name, and he got one, but names are just that) and Marco Silva. 
I wouldn’t even include Sam, I know he’s a horrible man and I hate that we had him but I understand why he was hired and I’m sure Moshiri knew what he was getting from day one. 

The club is at a really important point in history with the ground move ahead of us. We need to be competing at the right end of the table, and ideally in European competition, when the stadium opens. 

The next move is the biggest in Moshiri’s time at the club and we can’t really afford to get it wrong. If it takes a few more weeks to get it done I can accept that, it’ll just kill us in the meantime. 

agree with this all.  football side is the only one lacking and that's down to Moshiri full stop.  Marco was his man (as was koeman and walsh) and not Brands.  the talk of brands being at fault is laughable at best.  Buck stops with Farhad, he needs to trust Marcel the professional and get back to managing metals, you pay top guys like Brands now let them do their job.

56 minutes ago, StevO said:

I would expect a successful business man to be able to run a business, I think that’s a given, I want him to run a successful football team, and that’s were he has failed since he come on board. 
He doesn’t have a clue how to build a football team, so he has gone out to try and buy success as part of his business plan which has completely back fired, he’s a money man not a football man, and it must rankle him that in this industry it’s not what you spend it’s how you spend It that creates success. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I would expect a successful business man to be able to run a business, I think that’s a given, I want him to run a successful football team, and that’s were he has failed since he come on board. 
He doesn’t have a clue how to build a football team, so he has gone out to try and buy success as part of his business plan which has completely back fired, he’s a money man not a football man, and it must rankle him that in this industry it’s not what you spend it’s how you spend It that creates success. 

Well that’s why he brought in Steve Walsh and now Marcel Brands. They are the men he is asking to build his football team. Hopefully Brands will have the autonomy to do his job, we just don’t know his exact responsibilities. 

9 hours ago, StevO said:

Well that’s why he brought in Steve Walsh and now Marcel Brands. They are the men he is asking to build his football team. Hopefully Brands will have the autonomy to do his job, we just don’t know his exact responsibilities. 

I think we know from the last managerial appointments that he will be dictating who the manager will be, with his limited ability in football and his great ability in the corporate world. 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

I think we know from the last managerial appointments that he will be dictating who the manager will be, with his limited ability in football and his great ability in the corporate world. 

Maybe this is exactly why he won’t be dictating who the next manager will be. Im sure he didn’t get to where he is in business by not learning from his mistakes. 

7 hours ago, barryj said:

Maybe this is exactly why he won’t be dictating who the next manager will be. Im sure he didn’t get to where he is in business by not learning from his mistakes. 

I almost think that the reason Silva hasn't been sacked is down to Brands. Only a hunch but I imagine the latter is a lot more patient than Mohsiri would be on his own.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

I almost think that the reason Silva hasn't been sacked is down to Brands. Only a hunch but I imagine the latter is a lot more patient than Mohsiri would be on his own.

Agreed also I think he realizes how bad the clubs image and future manager prospects are when going through so many managers.

10 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think your spot on here. Brands is more of a project man than a fast fix.

Brands has been brought in for a long term project. I don’t think he would be happy himself to have to start from the beginning again.

10 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

Moshiri comes across as very reactionary. This is his first time being the top dog at a football club and he appears to look anxious in his decision making. Additionally I think he has his own ideas of what he wants to spend his money on. He wants a marquee signing to make a statement but he is slow in learning that the top players aren't going to come here until we can offer Champs League football.

How many board meetings have you attended to come to that conclusion? 

How many times have you spoken with Moshiri on the phone/via email to conclude this?

Can you advise why he needs a "marquee" signing, despite signing a Director of Football to handle first team and youth transfers?

As someone who doesn't know Moshiri or work with him on a daily basis I'm unable to determine what he's like or what plans he has for the football club. Given that he has funded the team in every window, successfully put plans in place for us to move to a much needed new stadium and made good moves at board level I'd say he was doing rather well, albeit with some concerns surrounding his managerial choices.

Amazing how people cried and cried about Bill Kenwright and as soon as he's replaced, the successor is subjected to the same rubbish from people who have never met, worked or spoken with the bloke. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last year he gave up an attempt to take control of Arsenal, selling his 30 per cent stake in the club to his American rival shareholder — a decision that irks him. “If we had worked together, we would definitely have achieved so much more. But the time will come, you know, for more success and Arsenal’s fans will come back to the stadium.”

But Usmanov may have another option. His old partner Moshiri owns a majority of Everton FC. Would Usmanov like to join him there? “Yes. With great pleasure, if he asks,” he says. “I am thinking about my investment in this club . . . I cannot reject Arsenal. I will not leave them as a fan. But if I join Everton, then I will wear an Everton shirt, because I am a professional.

“They are going to build a new stadium. Why not the USM Arena? It is not obligatory for me to participate myself. I could just sponsor them.” A week after our meeting, Usmanov brokers a deal to bring Carlo Ancelotti, the former Real Madrid manager, to Everton.

“What is the remedy for love? New love,” he laughs. “If you think like a Muslim, who can have four wives, or a harem? . . . I love Arsenal, but I failed. What can I do? But I also believe Arsenal lost something without Usmanov.”

https://www.ft.com/content/a472f9e6-28c6-11ea-9305-4234e74b0ef3

At the moment there are still people in a bit of denial about this..... not being funny but Megafon is plastered all over goodison.... unsmanovs company that only does phone services in Russia.  He's basically throwing money at us now......  

It's bloody ace isn't it.  He's gonna go full abromovich/mansour....

Heads are gonna fall off!!!