IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just going of the plain cold hard facts PeteO. Like I said not my opinion... just the facts that the professionals that get paid to come up with these stats have stated.

I do like your reasoning though, that’s the only comeback I could imagine... and it may be true.

But I will ask this again, like I have done at least six times (not to you). 

But if I take on 11 players, roll the ball onto the line, with no other opposition players around you... all you have to do is tap it in.... and somehow, you fuck it up. 

Do I get an assist?

does it make my chance creation bad?

die sit mean that I am a bad player?

Im not in any means saying that again sets it up in a plate for players, but to say he isn’t a footballer that has it in his locker... simply is t correct..... or those stats couldn’t possibly exist could they?

Now there is a flip side. 

Haf smacks a ball, it hits me on the ass and luckily bounces to Bailey. Bailey finishes I’m aplomb and I get an assist. Or even Bailey misses the target, but I get a chance created stat. These things happen.

But you can’t be lucky THAT many tines surely?

He's not, he's only got one other assist last year (and none this year). 

The more chances you make the more assists you get. Why have all the other players got more assists? Why are their chances getting finished? 

13 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's not, he's only got one other assist last year (and none this year). 

The more chances you make the more assists you get. Why have all the other players got more assists? Why are their chances getting finished? 

Because that’s football PeteO. Two of the same open goals have different results.... you already know that as you have been watching football for years. 

But even though he is creating chances... he isn’t creative enough for a tackling midfielder.

Although stats say he touches the ball more than any on the pitch..... he hides away.

Although stats say he leads the league for interceptions.... he is always the wrong side of the ball.

Im guessing there is no winning this one is there 😉

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Just going of the plain cold hard facts PeteO. Like I said not my opinion... just the facts that the professionals that get paid to come up with these stats have stated.

I do like your reasoning though, that’s the only comeback I could imagine... and it may be true.

But I will ask this again, like I have done at least six times (not to you). 

But if I take on 11 players, roll the ball onto the line, with no other opposition players around you... all you have to do is tap it in.... and somehow, you fuck it up. 

Do I get an assist?

does it make my chance creation bad?

die sit mean that I am a bad player?

Im not in any means saying that again sets it up in a plate for players, but to say he isn’t a footballer that has it in his locker... simply is t correct..... or those stats couldn’t possibly exist could they?

Now there is a flip side. 

Haf smacks a ball, it hits me on the ass and luckily bounces to Bailey. Bailey finishes I’m aplomb and I get an assist. Or even Bailey misses the target, but I get a chance created stat. These things happen.

But you can’t be lucky THAT many tines surely?

I would definitely miss the target!

30 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Because that’s football PeteO. Two of the same open goals have different results.... you already know that as you have been watching football for years. 

But even though he is creating chances... he isn’t creative enough for a tackling midfielder.

Although stats say he touches the ball more than any on the pitch..... he hides away.

Although stats say he leads the league for interceptions.... he is always the wrong side of the ball.

Im guessing there is no winning this one is there 😉

Yet all the players with less games have more assists. Begs the question what they are counting as chances. 

If he was creating he'd have more than 4 assists. Tackling midfielder isn'tt a position. He's further forward than the one next to him be it Barry, Schneiderlin, or Gomes so I'd expect more assists (and goals) from the player in that position. 

Watch him. There's a huge difference between creating space and showing for the ball compared to what he does. 

Headless chickens will win the ball. Doesn't mean he wins possession and doesn't mean he's in the right position. 

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Problem is... I do watch him.

I see him run to our defence and take the ball, then turn and move it forward over and over again. More than any other single player in the team. 

Thing is, it actually happens. Managers see it, players see it, most fans see it. Even you see it.... you just refuse to admit it.

No idea how you see that. Just look at his pass maps and our build up tempo. 

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

No idea how you see that. Just look at his pass maps and our build up tempo. 

That’s where I got it from. It shows him pretty much all over the pitch, his passing also shows a good range. 

Of course I could easily be proven wrong and have egg on my face 😉

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Heard a rumour off my mate who is friends with the scout that got sacked for illegally recruiting young players today. He reckons that the new top dog baxendale woman don’t know what her job title is shagging Unsworth 

WTF you on about?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

The club have paid a week's wages for the Bolton staff.

Can't find any news reports to say who's foot the bill but really nice gesture from whoever it was at the club. 

Do you know if that’s to the playing staff or the regular working staff? Nice either way. 

31 minutes ago, StevO said:

Do you know if that’s to the playing staff or the regular working staff? Nice either way. 

Staff members. Saw it on fb but this is the original source. 

Everton have sent a weeks worth of wages to Bolton’s staff members that are still not getting paid. This is a fantastic gesture and just shows how the football community is coming together at this difficult time. Thank you Everton 

https://www.bwfcandproud.com/post/everton-donate-a-week-s-wages-to-unpaid-bolton-staff

When googling I stumbled across this link as well, fans clubbing together to help fill the food banks. Sad world we live in when people are struggling to afford to eat. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17648685.amp/

It’s the non playing staff that really suffer in these horrible circumstances. Yeah the footballers have mortgages and things, but the vast majority of them will be able to get other clubs and make that kind of money back. The lost earnings to the people on probably less than £20k p/a will be really struggling. I’m glad our club has helped. 

I saw the PFA had helped out the players, no one else is in place to help the regular working people.