IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Despite all the bill bashers he is still there. Moshiri surely sees what most of us can that he’s a decent man with a love for Everton and wants to do right by the club.  I’m happy the see the hangers on have been removed and the board is now just working members of the club.

Exactly. Couldn’t have put it better. Speaks volumes of the man that despite so much criticism he managed to pull the club out of and  back around from the clusterfuck that he bought out. He knew he’d only be a transition figure, but he made sure we went forward. Big picture was the goal and he had the patience, resolve and determination to do it. The man gets nothing but respect from me. 

9 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Despite all the bill bashers he is still there. Moshiri surely sees what most of us can that he’s a decent man with a love for Everton and wants to do right by the club.  I’m happy the see the hangers on have been removed and the board is now just working members of the club.

I’ve been a “Bill basher” for a long time. Because in his time here our expectations have been dampened, his own expectations were too. He wanted to put us in Kirkby, he told us Goodison was on its last legs, he told us the money was ring fenced, he told us the money will be in the bank tomorrow. He did these things to keep control of the club, I don’t blame him I’d probably do the same, but he talked himself up to be a saviour. That he didn’t take a wage, or claim expenses, but he’s still made a profit when Moshiri came along, a profit of about £40m. Again, don’t blame him and I would do the same, but you can’t claim to be a saint while all these things went on. 

He dined out on hiring Moyes as a master stroke for years, but he also hired a bunch of CEOs who did terrible jobs. Who also reduced expectations and talked us down.

I’m happy for him now things are going well, it’s nice he gets to be the face of it all. But what is clear as anything is that he isn’t the powerbroker in the club anymore, he’s a figurehead and it’s the perfect job for him. I’m happy that he will get to lead us into the new stadium and will get to leave with a nice legacy, but that’s all because Moshiri got him out of trouble. 

Moshiri and people like Sasha will be the people who truly bring this club forward, but I’m happy for Bill to ride the coattails. 

21 minutes ago, StevO said:

He dined out on hiring Moyes as a master stroke for years, but he also hired a bunch of CEOs who did terrible jobs. Who also reduced expectations and talked us down.

Don't know how you can praise Moyes and say the others talked us down. Moyes was the worst one for it! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a shambles our owners and Directors are, they should have had a manager lined up weeks ago in readiness for what unfolded yesterday, but it is blatantly obvious they haven’t by yesterday’s events. 
After yesterday’s result all the big guns summoned Silva straight after the game to  a meeting to tell him they are going to give him more time, you’d cry if it wasn’t so funny, basically they have said we are going to give you time, because really we need time to find your replacement. 
If this was a war they would be court marshalled for dereliction of duty for sending us the fans, the foot soldiers if you like to a battle were we are being sacrificed whilst they try and sort out their issues at GCHQ. 
Moshiri you are the worst thing to happen to this, our my club that I can in living memory remember, you need to sell and find something you at have a modicum of knowledge about, please. 

33 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I would be amazed if Brands hadn't been "scouting" other managers already. Its all well and good saying someone should be lined up but what if the manager he wants isn't available at the moment.

That’s feeble Bailey to let him carry on getting us further in the shit, because it suits the board, get shot immediately and put in Unsworth as caretaker, whilst who ever has to do what they have to do to find someone else. 
But to allow and accept he continues is weak.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

What a shambles our owners and Directors are, they should have had a manager lined up weeks ago in readiness for what unfolded yesterday, but it is blatantly obvious they haven’t by yesterday’s events. 
After yesterday’s result all the big guns summoned Silva straight after the game to  a meeting to tell him they are going to give him more time, you’d cry if it wasn’t so funny, basically they have said we are going to give you time, because really we need time to find your replacement. 
If this was a war they would be court marshalled for dereliction of duty for sending us the fans, the foot soldiers if you like to a battle were we are being sacrificed whilst they try and sort out their issues at GCHQ. 
Moshiri you are the worst thing to happen to this, our my club that I can in living memory remember, you need to sell and find something you at have a modicum of knowledge about, please. 

What’s Moshiri done other than been a bit naive with his own money? He’s invested in the team, helped get a new stadium project underway and changed the commercial aspect. Get a grip. 

9 minutes ago, barryj said:

What’s Moshiri done other than been a bit naive with his own money? He’s invested in the team, helped get a new stadium project underway and changed the commercial aspect. Get a grip. 

Appointed the wrong people. Regardless of who was giving him the advice, he is culpable for listening to it. 

5 minutes ago, barryj said:

Doesn’t make him the worst thing to happen to our club in living memory and worthy of wanting him to sell up?!

Thats ridiculous, let’s get it in some perspective. 

I'm not saying I agree with Palfy on him being the worst thing to happen to us. But I think Moshiri carries a lot more responsibility than being 'a bit naive'. 

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s feeble Bailey to let him carry on getting us further in the shit, because it suits the board, get shot immediately and put in Unsworth as caretaker, whilst who ever has to do what they have to do to find someone else. 
But to allow and accept he continues is weak.

Its not like he will get us relegated. We will just plod through the rest of the season like we did with Allardyce. The last stint with Unsworth wasn't exactly enough to convince me that things might not get worse under him.

I think it would give the whole club a kick up the arse if and when he is sacked but it would be naive to think that we couldn't make this situation worse if we make a hash of it.