IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

can someone with a business background explain this please.  is he investing more cash?  everton is releasing more shares, what does that mean, how does it work?

It’s a fancy way of cooking the books, in essence all the monies he’s loaned the club since he took over he is now turning that into shares purchased by creating more shares, which I assume will have some bearing on the clubs FP rules, by losing most of  the clubs debts in one fail swoop. Well that’s the way I see it anyway. 
So there maybe not more cash going into the club depending on how much he has already loaned the club to date. 

I should also of added that’s good for the club in the short term and if things go well on and off the pitch should be good for him in the long term. 

46 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I wonder how this will affect FFP with that massive loss.  Not sure we’ll be in Europe so it might not matter this year but I’m still interested.

FFP will have to be reviewed for this season since all clubs are losing big chunks of their income. I wouldn’t worry about it 

Ok. So let's look at it another way....  Consumer £££ will be hit by people not having as much cash,  TV money I think has been impacted and so has gate money/match day money.

£1bn is the figure impact to prem clubs. Clubs like arsenal who rake in £1m a match and don't have owners willing to part with their own cash are gonna feel it. 

It's looking like £50m per club... Averaged out......

If I was Mr Premier League or Mr UEFA I would be unshackling the chains on the likes of us, Wolves , man city and basically say "yeah . .. go on, plough your £1bn oil money etc into the game and inject the cash into the game"

Obviously Liverpool, Arsenal etc will kick off 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

FFP will have to be reviewed for this season since all clubs are losing big chunks of their income. I wouldn’t worry about it 

It's interesting that they have detailed the "covid" loss in the report. I suspect that aspect will be taken into account with FFP but it would still go down as large loss in a normal year. 

Just now, Bailey said:

It's interesting that they have detailed the "covid" loss in the report. I suspect that aspect will be taken into account with FFP but it would still go down as large loss in a normal year. 

Makes sense though and I’m sure all clubs will inflate it to help protect from financial inspection. Not at all worried 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Brilliant by Bill, but this is what we have come to expect from him, a great man, great Everton Fan, and the perfect figure head for our club!!

Not trying to be a dick (well, maybe a little) but he could have done it without making it public. 
But then, I’m in the camp of not really being a fan of his. 
I do think he’s a nice man though. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

Not trying to be a dick (well, maybe a little) but he could have done it without making it public. 

He may not of made it public knowledge it could have been someone else in the club or the recipients, either way a lovely gesture from a genuinely nice man who when he can make a difference try’s. 
Bless you Bill you will be sorely missed when it’s time to depart our club, by all Evertonian’s and people connected with football 🙌

8 hours ago, StevO said:

The cameras would’ve shown strangers in the seats and questions would've been posed though, so why not?

9 hours ago, StevO said:

it didn't need the publicity it got.  Virtue signalling IMO.  He misses quite a few games but what's the big deal about making 2 more seats available among the 40000 already vacated?  Overegging the people's club thing. It's great that we are but FFS people give tickets away all the time, it's what blues do

Reminds me of going on LinkedIn and someone taking a photo of themselves giving a coffee to a homeless person and using it as a post opportunity to get likes.  Just do the nice deed and don't feel the need to share it 

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

😂 Only Evertonians could turn Bill’s good gesture into a negative

Not a negative. It's just needlessly peddled, the club bringing it out the way they did.  We do loads of amazing things in the club, just unbelievably trivial.

Similar to what Steve said, it's not great criticising it, but there is something ott and PR centric about it. 

12 hours ago, London Blue said:

If he was a "Diva" I would agree, but he is not and I think its good its in the press because:

1) We are the "Peoples Club" and by doing this and it being publicised we continue to build that image.

2) It encourages other people to be charitable.

3) Its an act of kindness, and a heart warming gesture in a time of suffering and hardship. That's a good thing to put out there.

Yeah I get all that. But Bill being the perfect figurehead for the club, not so much. Bill the chairman is just another one of his characters to me, but one he plays himself. The poor football club owner who’d give the shirt off his back for the club and mortgages his own house (he didn’t) to save the club. Still took the £40m profit he made on his shares though (which he is entitled to), just done make out he’s a saint. 

He is a diva though, isn’t he? 😂

it was a nice gesture, that I agree with. But do nice things for the sake of being nice, don’t need to advertise it on the club website and pass on the details to BT sport. The end of the day, it was just two seats of the 2,000, they just happened to be in the location Bill normally sits. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

The cameras would’ve shown strangers in the seats and questions would've been posed though, so why not?

The cameras wouldn’t have bothered showing the seats if they didn’t know about it. They don’t ask questions at games when Bill isn’t there anyway. I’ve never looked at the directors box and wondered who’s sat there.