IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Well I love it. Rather have morals and earn things than be soulless but successful 

I’m just getting cynical in this lockdown Matt 😂

It’s the whole being so nice and not a threat to anyone, being peoples second team, that kind of thing. I’d rather other teams fans be fearful. 
I want the club to be honourable, I love the work done by EITC, it’s massive and should be applauded, the way the club treats ex players, and the way the club looks after the fans. 
Can have morals and be a good club without a bit of a cheesy sound bite. We were still a great club for the 100+ years before Moyes said that. 
A club can also be successful and have a soul. Why be mutually exclusive?

I mean, what does “the peoples club” actually mean anyway? That Moyes met a load of Everton fans when he first came to Liverpool?

I just don’t like that label. Doesn’t resonate with me at all. Just makes me cringe a bit. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’m just getting cynical in this lockdown Matt 😂

It’s the whole being so nice and not a threat to anyone, being peoples second team, that kind of thing. I’d rather other teams fans be fearful. 
I want the club to be honourable, I love the work done by EITC, it’s massive and should be applauded, the way the club treats ex players, and the way the club looks after the fans. 
Can have morals and be a good club without a bit of a cheesy sound bite. We were still a great club for the 100+ years before Moyes said that. 
A club can also be successful and have a soul. Why be mutually exclusive?

I mean, what does “the peoples club” actually mean anyway? That Moyes met a load of Everton fans when he first came to Liverpool?

I just don’t like that label. Doesn’t resonate with me at all. Just makes me cringe a bit. 

What do you mean, getting? :P 

2 hours ago, Btay said:

It’s what brought me to the club in a sense. Outside the big boys and a club that tried to do things the right way. I loved it that we spent nothing but fought and competed. It’s sad we didn’t win a trophy - I think that’s down to Moyes and not our squad.

End of - I’m proud of this club and we seem to pioneer community actions for clubs. Long may it continue.

We did things the right way long before Moyes, having the name “the people’s club” didn’t change that. 
Must be gutted Moshiri turned up with his billions now though mate 😂

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

We did things the right way long before Moyes, having the name “the people’s club” didn’t change that. 
Must be gutted Moshiri turned up with his billions now though mate 😂

I understand however I only really got into football at about 14 ( come from a rugby only family so my father was devastated ) and I didn’t want to follow a cliche top 4 team because I felt everyone over here did. Cahill played a huge part but the ethics of this club is what I loved and still do.

18 hours ago, Btay said:

I understand however I only really got into football at about 14 ( come from a rugby only family so my father was devastated ) and I didn’t want to follow a cliche top 4 team because I felt everyone over here did. Cahill played a huge part but the ethics of this club is what I loved and still do.

I was living there when I first discovered the Blues

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pete0 said:

From the stadium thread it was mentioned about Kenwright not selling soon enough, but other than the city owners who did he miss out on?

Orange Bob was a shite appointment and Moyes took the piss out of him but for the most part he's done a decent job. 

Not so arsed about him not selling sooner, though it would have been preferable, but the biggest issue for me is the club was run so badly. Moyes was a great appointment, but it seemed like all of the other appointments at the top of the club were just terrible. The company side of things was a mess, and as much as I appreciate what Moyes did for the team, Bill resided over the longest spell without a trophy for the club. Throw in the mix the many failed stadium moves (ironically the best opportunity being the waterfront and now we get something similar). 
I’m sure Bill is a cracking fella, but he is the epitome of a fan running a football club. We now have a businessman running the club, which is what we’ve needed for a long time. 
I didn’t like how he always made out the club was getting all of his money, the lies about remortgaging his home, the lies about fortress (which were just to keep hold of the club for himself), getting his friends in the media to talk him up as a saviour (this one particularly leaves a sour taste), and being so not in it for the money was quite happy to take a £40m+ profit on his shares. Don’t get me wrong, he’s fully entitled to that profit, but don’t spend 20 years saying you don’t want the money. 
I wish him well in the rest of his life, and I’m glad to see more suitable people in charge of the club now, and just roll Bill out when we need to say something nice for the cameras. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Not so arsed about him not selling sooner, though it would have been preferable, but the biggest issue for me is the club was run so badly. Moyes was a great appointment, but it seemed like all of the other appointments at the top of the club were just terrible. The company side of things was a mess, and as much as I appreciate what Moyes did for the team, Bill resided over the longest spell without a trophy for the club. Throw in the mix the many failed stadium moves (ironically the best opportunity being the waterfront and now we get something similar). 
I’m sure Bill is a cracking fella, but he is the epitome of a fan running a football club. We now have a businessman running the club, which is what we’ve needed for a long time. 
I didn’t like how he always made out the club was getting all of his money, the lies about remortgaging his home, the lies about fortress (which were just to keep hold of the club for himself), getting his friends in the media to talk him up as a saviour (this one particularly leaves a sour taste), and being so not in it for the money was quite happy to take a £40m+ profit on his shares. Don’t get me wrong, he’s fully entitled to that profit, but don’t spend 20 years saying you don’t want the money. 
I wish him well in the rest of his life, and I’m glad to see more suitable people in charge of the club now, and just roll Bill out when we need to say something nice for the cameras. 

I pretty much agree with all of that, you haven’t attacked him as a person and acknowledge him as a fan who most definitely has blue blood running through his veins, there’s no doubt in my mind and many many others that he lives and breathes EFC, even Moshiri was sold the dream and love for the club by Kenwright. But his problem was as you said he wasn’t a business man in the sense he could run a club of this size, he lacked the funds, and know how to raise the funds.

Unfortunately things can’t be done on the cheap, and he got caught out trying to run it on the cheap, I love his love for the club and the people of Liverpool, in the same way as a fan I love all Everton supporters when they mention there love for the team and the community. So you are right Steve he’s one of us a fan and I respect him for that, as an owner he’s done some good and some bad, but the club have survived and we are now financially in better hands and moving forward. 
Let’s not Kill Bill to get there even Moshiri and all the Directors would say he doesn’t deserve that. 

My one disappointment in all this is that we missed the late 90s early 2000 boat pre FFP. If we were managed properly in this time we could be where city are now. The fact that we are now swimming upstream against these caps mean (unless it get abolished) we’ll struggle to ever get there again. 

• 3 weeks later...