IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Why would the club be forced to shut the training ground? Because of a sponsor? Just take the sign down, if it’s hasn’t been already. Anyway, I clicked the link so the owner has got his few pennies from adverts, which I’m sure is the goal of this piece anyway. 

Exactly mate ridiculous article, the doom mongers are out in force with this story. 

10 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Found out today that Usmanov owns Sutton Place near Guildford; my home growing up was about 200 yards from the main gate. Owned by J. Paul Getty back then, richest individual in the world at the time

Any apple trees to scrump?  I wonder if Getty ever spent a night in it. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Found out today that Usmanov owns Sutton Place near Guildford; my home growing up was about 200 yards from the main gate. Owned by J. Paul Getty back then, richest individual in the world at the time

JPG might have been a better sugar daddy to Everton.

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

The impression I get is that no-one really knows how these deals will impact the club / stadium.

Mohsiri must have known Usmanov had close ties to Putin though, which is a little disappointing. 

Exactly no one knows, put the press just like to write stories of doom and gloom, the club will carry on and the stadium will still be built with or without Moshiri, if Moshiri decided to put the club on the market tomorrow he would get offers, the stadium alone makes us very saleable, I see no issues for Everton but I can’t say that for Moshiri I think his wealth is to reliant on Usmanov and that will come back to bite him in the arse. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has a subscription to the Athletic, this is a great read.

https://theathletic.com/3219609/2022/03/31/everton-accounts-explained-loss-wages-moshiri/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

For those who don't I'd be happy to post the content but it would be a long post.

"Losses, more losses, and one man’s remarkable commitment to the cause. Everton’s accounts for 2020-21 are worrying and perplexing — and yet offer some hope.  While the club has once again posted huge losses, set against its downward trend in recent years, they believe they have side-stepped the alarming prospect of Premier League sanction for their precarious position in relation to Financial Fair Play. One thing is certain — they lean on the continued steadfast benevolence of owner Farhad Moshiri to ensure better financial health, even as his decision-making is blamed for causing some of the issues.

The Athletic examines what the accounts mean, and how the club plans to move forward."

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Never says who.  Seems like clickbait.  Not the first time I have had that vibe from Matt Smith / TacticallyEv.  Guess writers need clicks though so shrug.

Plus Kia is not Brazilian, haha.

On 31/03/2022 at 17:13, plaidharper said:

Never says who.  Seems like clickbait.  Not the first time I have had that vibe from Matt Smith / TacticallyEv.  Guess writers need clicks though so shrug.

Plus Kia is not Brazilian, haha.

The same guy who’s quoted in this story has named Kia, I don’t know why it’s not mentioned in this one.