IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

Emergency board meeting today.  Yeah like anything good comes from that bunch of muppets with regards playing matters.

im pretty sure top of the agenda will be “what more can we do to make Everton look like a bloody good club who buy other teams kits and stuff because we are absolutely shite at the playing matters”. 

I believe ped on toffeetv was on radio5 last night and absolutely ripped them apart. 

I didn’t want Lampard here at this moment in time, for me it was obvious he didn’t have the experiences of management to get us through a relegation battle, relegation was just a word to him and something he has never had experience of fighting against in his career. Yet he was given the job so we must get behind him, if the board sack him it will be another fuck fest that this regime is guilty of overseeing, if they sack Lampard to cover their mistakes then they sack me, I personally can’t carry on supporting the club I love if it just helps the people own it slowly kill it, I’m very close to being done with it all, I can’t support the club if it is supporting the biggest wanker in football ( Moshiri) and his cronies. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We'll probably sack Lampard.

Some sort of bone-headed decision will come from these idiots and that's my guess.

No we will look to see what media bullshit we can release… maybe a Bramley Moore update, maybe some cuddly stuff about our outstanding work in the community (which I’m not knocking, but find increasingly irritating that we seem to use it as a deflection tool….. just do good stuff and stfu about it)

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

No we will look to see what media bullshit we can release… maybe a Bramley Moore update, maybe some cuddly stuff about our outstanding work in the community (which I’m not knocking, but find increasingly irritating that we seem to use it as a deflection tool….. just do good stuff and stfu about it)

I don't get why you're so upset, didn't you see that our new sleeve sponsor is the Ukraine Foundation?

Totally agree with all of the above, while we are good at our community work, it's spun so much in the media to deflect from the fires at board level.

Fully expect Lampard to be sacked too, which would be yet another insane decision from an incompetent board.

18 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I don't get why you're so upset, didn't you see that our new sleeve sponsor is the Ukraine Foundation?

Totally agree with all of the above, while we are good at our community work, it's spun so much in the media to deflect from the fires at board level.

Fully expect Lampard to be sacked too, which would be yet another insane decision from an incompetent board.

Why am I upset that our shirt sleeve sponsor is Ukraine foundation??? Quite the contrary I said “I’m not knocking “….. and I’m happy that we have our ethics right where we can influence them.  Now that I’ve reclarified that….

my irritation like many things in life is when people use good things they do as a means of deflecting from the shit they do.  It’s political and insulting.

Denise may be great from a charitable sense of things but she can’t run a club. Let her step aside and take a lesser paid role to look after that side of things and get a football minded ceo in. 

It just dawned on me….. moshiri “flying in”……. What does that tell the players?  

“don’t worry shit heads, I’m here to look at getting another manager in or question why he hasn’t got you world  class wages lazy fuckers playing like prime Barca……. Nothing to see here, I’ll keep doing this so you can carry on collecting your wage whilst the managers take the blame for you”

Interesting article in The Athletic today. I'll copy some highlights:

• Appointing a director of football in Steve Walsh with no experience in the role, setting him up for failure
  • Hiring Marcel Brands as his replacement but rarely empowering him to do his job, resulting in him being squeezed out under Rafa Benitez
  • Lurching from one style of manager to another over six years, mastering none
  • Appointing Benitez despite fan protests and subsequently waiting to cut ties despite internal division and fragile confidence in the dressing room
  • Splurging money on a series of expensive flops and giving them contracts they simply would not get anywhere else, resulting in huge losses
  • Signing three players in January for a relegation battle who are yet to start a league game

On Lampard

Time is running out for him too; to salvage Everton and his own managerial career at the top level. But whatever happens next, let it be remembered this is not a problem of his creating; that the rot set in before.

So much has to go wrong over an extended period for a club like Everton to be where they are now, scrambling for their top-flight future. Managers, even Benitez, are at worst a symptom of the wider malaise. This fish rots from the head.

Relegation, it if were to happen, would desecrate the history of a once-proud club. Those responsible would never be forgiven.

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Emergency board meeting today.  Yeah like anything good comes from that bunch of muppets with regards playing matters.

im pretty sure top of the agenda will be “what more can we do to make Everton look like a bloody good club who buy other teams kits and stuff because we are absolutely shite at the playing matters”. 

I believe ped on toffeetv was on radio5 last night and absolutely ripped them apart. 

Can't stand Ped that Baz is ok

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

I hope we don't sack Lampard, if we go down or if we stay up I want him to rebuild the squad.

This, 100%. What he did at Derby was fantastic.

The trouble is the board will totally see him as being at fault, and it wouldn't surprise he if he's sacked before the end of the season, nevermind summer.

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

The trouble is the board will totally see him as being at fault, and it wouldn't surprise he if he's sacked before the end of the season, nevermind summer.

Of course he’s at fault. Couldn’t be the fault of the board, for all of their poor decisions, all of the other clubs in football look up to them. 😂

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Genuine question but was his time at Derby that good?

On league position alone they achieved the same as they did the previous season despite the loans of Mount, Tomori and Wilson. 

I didn't see enough or pay enough attention to his Derby side to have an opinion. A quick search and there are quite a few balanced posts on this site:

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/35754-frank-lampard-was-he-any-good-for-the-club/page/2/#comments

It seems like it was a bit of a mixed bag.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Mixed bag works for me, that suggests the odd positive.

At the moment we're living on lint covered sherbet lemons that someone found in the pocket of a pair of jeans they'd not worn for a year.

🤣🤣🤣

There were certainly positives from his time there based on what they have said but it wasn't as though it was all rosy either. 

7 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Mixed bag works for me, that suggests the odd positive.

At the moment we're living on lint covered sherbet lemons that someone found in the pocket of a pair of jeans they'd not worn for a year.

He shouldn’t have left that job, Chelsea was way above his level of experience at the time. He got found out in the long run because of his lack of experience. We can’t afford to suffer because of his accelerated career path, we need to grind out results, does he have that in his locker!!

15 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

He shouldn’t have left that job, Chelsea was way above his level of experience at the time. He got found out in the long run because of his lack of experience. We can’t afford to suffer because of his accelerated career path, we need to grind out results, does he have that in his locker!!

Easy no he doesn’t. 

I haven't said much at this very difficult time, but i hope the crowd chase the board out of town.

They should be treated like Hicks & Gillet across the park, they are sucking the life out the club.

The most amateurish running of a professional football club in Europe.

Carragher was certainly correct for once, in his assessment of us.

33 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

I haven't said much at this very difficult time, but i hope the crowd chase the board out of town.

They should be treated like Hicks & Gillet across the park, they are sucking the life out the club.

Won't happen because there are too many that don't want to get involved in that. You don't have to look back very far to see that.

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

Albert Einstein: “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”.

The showers of wankers at the top have been doing the same thing since they took over, throw money at the problem and hope some shit sticks. But nothing has worked so far so maybe they need to get their heads out of their arses and quit with the insanity.

We need to recruit wisely, work on getting young, hungry players with bags of potential and a point to prove not the overhyped, overpriced shitbags we have wasted hundreds of millions on recently. We need a manager with a vision, someone who has a background in developing talent but also has the tactical flexibility to understand that dogged performances are for now and the more exciting stuff can happen over time. 

We need to use Arsenal as our baseline now, formulate a 5 year plan and stick with it. If it means short term pain for long term gain we suck it up, god only knows we’ve been through some bleak times since these pricks took over. Arteta is onto something which is just another sign that the board missed the boat yet again when they overlooked him a few years back. Onwards and upwards.