IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

9 hours ago, Shukes said:

If I was on the board, I would be showing up every match from now until the end…. Whatever I had to face.

If you’re a fan as you say… you would be taking the stick and facing our future the same way as the fans have to. Time to put Egos aside now.

See you all Tuesday, let’s show that place why we’re the greatest fans in the world.

What's happening Tuesday?

Has someone posted the Marcel Brands interview ?

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2023/04/28/psv-directeur-marcel-brands-50-miljoen-euro-investeren-is-geen-garantie-op-de-titel-a4163305

He talks about Salmon Rondon being signed against his wishes (Benitez wanted him), meetings on an expensive yacht, wanting Arteta over Ancelotti and the manager being told to who to pick. 

15 minutes ago, Louis said:

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2023/04/28/psv-directeur-marcel-brands-50-miljoen-euro-investeren-is-geen-garantie-op-de-titel-a4163305

He talks about Salmon Rondon being signed against his wishes (Benitez wanted him), meetings on an expensive Yacht, wanting Arteta over Ancelotti and the manager being told to who to pick. 

Definitely doesn't paint Moshiri very well. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

But the reason I have been castigating the chairman and his regime for the past 15 years or so is because everything is about him.  He has always known he was punching above his weight but his ego demanded he be in control of “his club”. 

He is the absolute master of setting up a board and management structure that protects him - from a media perspective to a CEO who can bullshit their way through agms till the heat gets too much.

he got us in bed with Phillip Green ffs, stole pensions from BHS staff and bill said he was a friend to Everton?  

Bill probably wanted a stand naming after him at Bramley Moore, the fans would kick off if they named the kit bag after him. 

This has been coming blues, I said ages ago I would take relegation to get our club cleared out. I never thought it would have to happen after blowing £700m and getting sanctioned in the process. 

Whatever a man has done in his past should not determine his future actions mate. 

Not saying anything should vindicate him at all. But I’m myself…. And as myself I will always be willing to be the buffalo that runs towards the storm and not the deer that runs away from it.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Sort of wish you (or to be honest anyone) was on the board instead of the current crew.  Those delusional (insert whatever flavor of swear word you prefer) still think they are one of the best boards in the land because they are one of the highest paid boards in the land. In reality, they are hiding from the immeasurable mess they have created at the club like cowardly children.  Their refusal to respect the reality of the situation is like a nightmare from which we cannot wake.

Everyone try and enjoy your football free weekend if you can...

Appreciate that mate.

Ive had a week of being ripped by Haf, needed a kind word to pull me back haha.

(I know you mean well Haf 😉)

47 minutes ago, Louis said:

He talks about Salmon Rondon being signed against his wishes (Benitez wanted him), meetings on an expensive yacht, wanting Arteta over Ancelotti and the manager being told to who to pick. 

PSV director Marcel Brands: 'Investing 50 million euros is no guarantee of the title'

Football Disillusioned, Marcel Brands left the English 'football Valhalla'. Back at PSV, he hopes to win the cup final against Ajax this Sunday after a turbulent first season.

Reading time 5 minutes

Marcel Brands prefers to watch PSV matches standing up. Not out of solidarity with fans in the stands, or because he has no sitting meat. His preference has a practical reason: if you stand, Brands discovered over the years, people are less likely to talk to you. An important insight if, like him, you want to see every second of the game concentrated.

But standing, that is no longer possible. In his previous positions, when he was in charge of technical policy, he was not paid much attention to. Could he retreat quietly after a defeat to deal with his disappointment. Brands is now general manager, the club's flagship. Last Sunday against Ajax (3-0), Eindhoven mayor Jeroen Dijsselbloem sat next to him in the grandstand. "When he took office, I asked him: please don't talk to me all the time," says Brands with an apologetic smile. "That's good, he said, because that's how he prefers to watch matches."

It shows the passion of the man who, if you count his career as a player, has been walking around in professional football for half a lifetime (43 years). In a world where a disappointing season can shatter a reputation, his managerial career has been remarkably even. Always one step higher. From RKC to AZ to PSV and, in 2018, to Everton in the Premier League. “The football Valhalla”, Brands still thinks.

Brands (61) has a nose for talent, is financially sound, negotiates sharply and is known to be extremely competitive. Yet things did not go as they should at Everton - officially owned by British-Iranian businessman Farhad Moshiri, although oligarch Alisher Usmanov is closely involved in the background, according to The Guardian.

Despite a good relationship with club president Bill Kenwright - 'Indy' he called Brands, the chairman thought he resembled Indiana Jones actor Harrison Ford - he resigned as technical director in December 2021 disillusioned. “Different views” on the policy to be pursued was the official statement. Things went badly for the club and the English media judged harshly. After a 4-1 defeat against city rivals Liverpool, Brands even got into a fight with an angry fan.

Brands was 59 when he left. He was devastated. Perhaps the most difficult moment of his career coincided with a worrying situation at home. His son turned out to be seriously ill (he has since recovered). “I had to do nothing for a while,” he says, in his office in the Philips Stadium. “I've never had more than ten days' holiday since I quit football at 35 and joined management. So I took my son to Dubai and we went to Disney with the kids and grandkids.”

But stop? "I've never seriously thought about it."

After that rest period, Brands said yes when he was able to succeed Toon Gerbrands as general manager of PSV last year. Just like in 2010 - when he started working as a technical manager in Eindhoven - he has to make the club financially and sportingly successful again. The first has more or less succeeded, the sporty resurrection has yet to take shape. A first success beckons this Sunday, when PSV plays the cup final against Ajax.

How does working in the Netherlands differ from working in England?

“It is completely different. English culture makes fans and media think that the manager [the coach] is about transfers. And the owner determines a lot. He wanted Rafael Benítez as a coach in 2021, which was not my choice. And Benítez wanted Salomon Rondon, I couldn't approve that. He was already in his thirties, was not on the scouting list, he was not going to bring Everton anything. Way too high salary too. I said I thought it was a bad idea. Think of it as a present for the trainer, said the owner. Then you are powerless.”

But you will be charged for the transfers.

“The problem is: there is no patience. Twelve coaches have already been fired in the Premier League this season. In my second year, Marco Silva was fired, I tried to prevent that, but it was beyond my control. While I knew: he is a good trainer, he is now proving that at Fulham. The owner also determined that there should be an experienced successor, while the chairman and I wanted Mikel Arteta. In the end it was Carlo Ancelotti.”

What happens to employees when you are at the mercy of an owner?

“People are trying to survive. The nasty thing is: many good club people often go along in those rounds of redundancies. Physiotherapists, analysts, you name it. I then had to send people away who were good, hard-working. That's difficult. And it doesn't work either. The first years

53 minutes ago, Louis said:

Brands seems to suggest him and Kenwright were on the same page trying to what was best for the club (on those particular occassions - not saying every time) whereas Mohsiri is the one doing as he pleases and causing disruption.

This isnt the first article of this sort either. 

From everything I have read, I still believe Mohsiri is the biggest issue at the club, or at least has been in the last few years. I don't know how this supposed new investment will work, but hopefully it means he has less involvement in the club.

The thing we all want is just a bit of decent human honesty.

BK stands back with his hands up saying 'not my decisions'. Moshiri does the same.

They've been found out lying and bullshitting about headlocks and safety. No one comes out to condemn it.

Somebody, somewhere, has to grow a pair and say 'we've fucked up'. From there, they can start building bridges with fans again. A bit of honesty goes a long way. It's human nature that we, no matter how angry, will always open our arms when some humility is shown.

How frustrating is it that when we, as fans, feel they can't do any worse...they do.

The media, although starting to talk about it, have been slow to recognise what's going on.

Fans outside of the club are brainwashed by this money spent and the media spin.

BK wants to be a smart arse and take 'credit' for the Billionaire owner and stadium. Well, you also have to take some shit for the decisions these past 7 years. You can't have it both ways.

Again, if some fucker would just come out and open dialogue with the fans, starting with some good open honesty, we might be able to start moving forward.

Or, just hire a better PR firm!!!

2 hours ago, Matt said:

There's only a civil war because those in charge have no self-awareness whatsoever. This all could have been avoided so easily.

I mean, ffs, we're fighting relegation (again) and they're still sat there patting themselves on the back telling everyone they're doing a good job and that everything's fine.

2 hours ago, barryj said:

It’s quite ridiculous. I’d argue that nobody outside the club can look at what’s happened a think for one moment they’ve done a good job. The statement BK made was laughable (if it wasn’t so serious) and the divide is between the board and the fans imo is irreparable. I could rant on about this all day but I think I’m shouting here to the converted. 

Keep ranting and shouting mate the more noise the better, it’s the only thing we have to get through to these frauds.  

10 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

If Everton go down and dominate the Championship and come back up as champions is all forgiven with the board?

I mean after the pitch and street celebrations following avoiding relegation last season it did seem like everything was forgiven because for some reason people saw that as an achievement worth losing our s**t over, it was not. I breathed a sigh of relief and worried about what was in store next, I was right to do so as we are in a much dire situation.

The board are done, no fan should even contemplate them remaining in charge. End of story. 

25 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

I am not contemplating that. What I am saying is after the dumb celebrations after last seasons mess (we stayed up yes, was the season worth celebrating, f**k no) when things were forgotten about going into a new season would the same thing happen again if we stayed up this season or if we dominated the Championship next?

Alright kopite, off you go. 

4 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The current board has to go. No way the supporters will ever forgive or support them after this season, relegation or not. I know I'm preaching to the choir. 

6 hours ago, CraigJarrett said:

If Everton go down and dominate the Championship and come back up as champions is all forgiven with the board?

I mean after the pitch and street celebrations following avoiding relegation last season it did seem like everything was forgiven because for some reason people saw that as an achievement worth losing our s**t over, it was not. I breathed a sigh of relief and worried about what was in store next, I was right to do so as we are in a much dire situation.

That wasn’t a celebration. That was relief. 

44 minutes ago, CraigJarrett said:

Relief I get but pitch invasions and celebrating in the streets like we were a National League side getting promotion to the football league was pathetic. Nothing about last season (or this) was worth celebrating.

Again, the way anyone was acting that night was about the relief. Nothing more and nothing less. It may be called a “celebration” but it wasn’t as far as I’m concerned. 

3 hours ago, CraigJarrett said:

Relief I get but pitch invasions and celebrating in the streets like we were a National League side getting promotion to the football league was pathetic. Nothing about last season (or this) was worth celebrating.

After such a stressful end to the season it was such relief that people’s emotions got the better of them, me included. 
I don’t think people were happy with the position, but they were ecstatic that we avoided relegation.

I think a lot of fans just realise that we aren’t fighting for Europe anymore, we’re fighting for survival. We don’t have a right to be higher… no team does, it has to be earnt. So when we get anything at the moment, we’re going to celebrate it because we live our team. 

I do get your point that we shouldn’t be happy with it, and we’re not.