IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

11 hours ago, Matt said:

I wonder if that 53k seater stadium is realistic now because so few will be able to afford it.

I refuse to pay £1000+ a season, or for any addiction to be honest. Thankfully the UK is in such a shit state that I cant afford it even if I want to go. 

Fans are the easy target so first thing will be to fleece them further whilst sitting from afar, utterly untouchable and without care. 

If you're spending less than 2.79 a day on pints you're doing better than me.

9 hours ago, Trigger said:

I agree.

However, would you describe  the Bundesligue as entertaining, globally appealing and won by a variety of clubs every year?

I do see what you mean mate, but don’t think we’re that far away ourselves.

The last ten years especially they se to have had a good few teams being successful. 
I do enjoy the football though. I’m a fan of fast paced pressure football, crosses being banged in, so gets putting pressure on full backs. I would rather watch us in the 80s than Man City today. 

I recognise that City are an amazing team. But hate possession football and find it slow and tedious.

Kills me to say it, but the beat football in recent years was when the shite won it with their non stop pressure and lightning fast break football.

26 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

It's right though, unfortunately. They were great to watch. Proper football.

It's also not that hard which pisses me off. Get in their faces from the off, close them down in their 3rd, force them to punt. Its just energy levels and focus. The Dutch showed how effective playing football rather than shitty-taka against Spain, although they took it a little too far :lol: but the principle is right; don't show your opponents respect, get in their faces, make them uncomfortable and they'll cock up. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

It's also not that hard which pisses me off. Get in their faces from the off, close them down in their 3rd, force them to punt. Its just energy levels and focus. The Dutch showed how effective playing football rather than shitty-taka against Spain, although they took it a little too far :lol: but the principle is right; don't show your opponents respect, get in their faces, make them uncomfortable and they'll cock up. 

The game's too sanitised now, sadly. Players get touched and they fall over. It lends itself to the possession-based stuff. Boring as hell, though. 

Would love to see the game return to what it was (on the pitch, anyway) - fouls and all, pitches like quagmires, wingers crossing from the byline, no VAR - a proper atmosphere. 

The NBA and the NHL in the States has gone the same way - they whistle for everything now and the excitement (and the game people remember from the 70s/80s) is gone.

11 minutes ago, Formby said:

The game's too sanitised now, sadly. Players get touched and they fall over. It lends itself to the possession-based stuff. Boring as hell, though. 

Would love to see the game return to what it was (on the pitch, anyway) - fouls and all, pitches like quagmires, wingers crossing from the byline, no VAR - a proper atmosphere. 

The NBA and the NHL in the States has gone the same way - they whistle for everything now and the excitement (and the game people remember from the 70s/80s) is gone.

It's been coming since the "Premier" League was founded. Chipped away at the soul of the sport, of clubs, exploiting peoples emotions for profit at any opportunity. 

The more I write, the more I wonder why the fuck I still bother. If it wasn't for this place I probably would've said goodbye when Moshiri took over.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It's been coming since the "Premier" League was founded. Chipped away at the soul of the sport, of clubs, exploiting peoples emotions for profit at any opportunity. 

The more I write, the more I wonder why the fuck I still bother. If it wasn't for this place I probably would've said goodbye when Moshiri took over.

I hear this so often from fans of all teams these days. Do you think there will ever be a tipping point where people leave their clubs behind or do you think it's still too ingrained? I used to think the latter but I'm not so sure any more. My connection to Everton is really to its past (and mine), not to what it is. 

18 minutes ago, Formby said:

I hear this so often from fans of all teams these days. Do you think there will ever be a tipping point where people leave their clubs behind or do you think it's still too ingrained? I used to think the latter but I'm not so sure any more. My connection to Everton is really to its past (and mine), not to what it is. 

I think the Saudi league is the beginning of the end honestly, it'll just be a slow death. Even the noob running the country has said "fuck you all, its good for my GDP" and he's right. In a world where profit more than ever comes first over people, a large portion of which that cunt doesn't have any care for, what's going to win? Money, not fans. 

10 hours ago, Matt said:

Who's playing fat twat football? Because there's no way that blob would've got a team having 25 shots on target in 5 game.

Have a look back how many have won it since the Premier League started. Its been a Manchester club or 2 of the Londons clubs with 3 exceptions in Blackburn, Leicester and that lot. Over 30 years.  So far as I can remember this early in the morning without coffee at least. 

Football has become such a business and this top 4/6 bubble has been a strategy by the league. It keeps the money in fewer pockets, meaning more money for those few. 

With you on the last bit though. I'm not bitter, just numb and disinterested in the game in general

You're probably right Matt overall.

That Arsenal match had me really deflated though. We looked exactly like we did under  Fat Sam. It is one match in isolation though and not fair on Dyche overall.

14 minutes ago, Trigger said:

You're probably right Matt overall.

That Arsenal match had me really deflated though. We looked exactly like we did under  Fat Sam. It is one match in isolation though and not fair on Dyche overall.

I'm not trying to be a dick about it but the heads down already when there's factual proof of improvement is just so frustrating to watch, I feel compelled to remind people. If we'd had 1 point after 5 and seen no effort, few shots on target etc. I'd get it. But we've been robbed by officials and denied by monster keeper performances, otherwise we'd be sitting on 7 points comfortably and who knows, that might've bred confidence enough to go at Arsenal and Sheff United more. 

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm not trying to be a dick about it but the heads down already when there's factual proof of improvement is just so frustrating to watch, I feel compelled to remind people. If we'd had 1 point after 5 and seen no effort, few shots on target etc. I'd get it. But we've been robbed by officials and denied by monster keeper performances, otherwise we'd be sitting on 7 points comfortably and who knows, that might've bred confidence enough to go at Arsenal and Sheff United more. 

🍆 really 😂 From my perspective this is starting to become very depressing we all need to lighten up including myself and show some positivity even if delusional, otherwise we will all be signing off just to save what’s left of our sanity😇

6 hours ago, Formby said:

Me and my mate had a conversation about all the things we could do if Everton went out of business. We both agree we wouldn’t continue to follow football (we’re Evertonians, not football fans), could probably afford an extra holiday or maybe two each year (my family would be happy) and I could play more golf. It all sounded pretty nice to be honest, and a lot less stressful. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

Me and my mate had a conversation about all the things we could do if Everton went out of business. We both agree we wouldn’t continue to follow football (we’re Evertonians, not football fans), could probably afford an extra holiday or maybe two each year (my family would be happy) and I could play more golf. It all sounded pretty nice to be honest, and a lot less stressful. 

That in fairness sounds better than going to football, and at least your golf might improve 🏌️

2 hours ago, StevO said:

imagine not having to schedule your life around Everton games. Days out, family, weekends away. Umm.

I only follow football because of Everton.

The game bores the shit out of me these days. VAR being a real tipping point...no issue with using technology but how they've gone about applying it is absolutely fuckin abysmal.

That on top of the lack of oomph in the game now. Was just watching a clip of Wimbledon vs United in about 93/94. Superb!

This is why I don’t get the fans that are against us banging crosses into forwards. That was the golden age of football. Players wore their hearts on the sleeves. 
I watched the U21s with Harrison the other night. He just got the ball and ran at them time after time. Got tackled a lot, but knew that he only needed to get past them once to create a chance. 

The best wingers used to wear defenders down.

Fans these days will start criticising if a player gets tackled twice in a row though. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

This is why I don’t get the fans that are against us banging crosses into forwards. That was the golden age of football. Players wore their hearts on the sleeves. 
I watched the U21s with Harrison the other night. He just got the ball and ran at them time after time. Got tackled a lot, but knew that he only needed to get past them once to create a chance. 

The best wingers used to wear defenders down.

Fans these days will start criticising if a player gets tackled twice in a row though. 

I wish we had the Dave Thomas / Bob Latchford combo from 1978. What a joy that was!

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

If so many of you would be happier to see Everton go out of business then give them up now, it shouldn't be too hard if you really feel that way.

I'll not be holding my breath because you're all full of shit.

Have a nice Saturday supporting the team you kid yourselves about.

It’s probably the reason why so many fans were happy to clap blue bill. It’s the reason why we have been run like shite cos people like blue union, keioc, Dave Kelly were seen as kopite behaving idiots - when in actual fact the knew our club was heading where we are today. 

we have fans who whilst the club is bouncing along at the bottom are arguing with Arsenal and Newcastle fans about “England’s number 1”  - we won’t have him next season, he will be sold in a firesale and Virginia will be our keeper. 

Apathy has wrecked this club.  Our Fans clapped Lukaku when he demanded we play a certain way and undermined the manager, he did the same trick at Chelsea and got volleyed out. 

again it’s all about standards. Some of our fans are ok with Everton being some part time pastime.