IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

9 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

A less than flattering article about 777 Partners in today's New York Times. What concerns me is the total lack of transparency about finances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/10/world/europe/everton-777-premier-league.html

To be fair, that was the case with Moshiri / Usmanov. No one really bothered till they were made to bother.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Couple of things spring to mind...

For fucks sake, Bill, step away and look after yourself.

For me, it then goes down the same old same old BK theatrical route 'right up until the day...'. Like, the absolute hero approach.

Nobody knew anything about it. Hence the privacy. Now they do...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Largley, yes. But the Saudi money will start the same bullshit in the other oil states I think. The game is in big trouble. 

Do you think the game runs the risk of legitimising human rights abuses by accepting the money? UAE (City) and Saudi (Newcastle) have records quite as bad as Qatar's, yet no one seems to say a peep. Or do you think engagement with the PL improves the situation because they are under the spotlight? Places like Dubai attract huge investment and tourism. No one cares about the rights of south Asian construction workers there. A bit off topic, really, but where do you look for investment that's clean?

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think we have to now give 777 the benefit of the doubt. 

to quote Moshiri in this news article - "..take the club forward in the modern era. They are highly proffessional.....' This is kind of what we have all been calling for for a number of years.

The landscape has definatly changed regarding the investments that can be made in football. We, probabley more so than other fans base, realise that FFP does tie your hands behind your back, you can't simply spend to try and improve the club (unless you get very lucky) big investment in 'better' players simply become a massive gamble for clubs outside the established top 6 (a few who are simply there because FFP didn't used to exist). The modern era is not about simply pumping money in to player transfers and wages (can only do this for a short period before it catches up with you), its now more about generating money and maximising revenue streams. 

If 777 are all about using sound and sustainable commercial and business accument with top proffessional at the helm then with the new stadium now just around the corner - this has to be the perfect time for clever business savy people to get involved with a club and make the most of the oppertunities that are ahead of Everton. A bit finger cross, but would be the same with any new owner. 

Now all I really want is 777 to get the best deal possible for themselves (which as Everton's new owners means the best deal for the club), If 777 get us on the 'cheap', it should be to the clubs benefit as less debt burden and thus interest payments etc on the owning entity. I now want to see Moshiri taking as big a financial hit as possible and thus seeing as much money written off as possible through this sale.

2 hours ago, Formby said:

Do you think the game runs the risk of legitimising human rights abuses by accepting the money? UAE (City) and Saudi (Newcastle) have records quite as bad as Qatar's, yet no one seems to say a peep. Or do you think engagement with the PL improves the situation because they are under the spotlight? Places like Dubai attract huge investment and tourism. No one cares about the rights of south Asian construction workers there. A bit off topic, really, but where do you look for investment that's clean?

That's kinda the point, both just were accepted. Honestly all investment is going to come with risks with the amount of money involved now. A competent billionaire is still the most "moral" ideal but they're not the trend and business model looking forward 

40 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I think we have to now give 777 the benefit of the doubt. 

to quote Moshiri in this news article - "..take the club forward in the modern era. They are highly proffessional.....' This is kind of what we have all been calling for for a number of years.

The landscape has definatly changed regarding the investments that can be made in football. We, probabley more so than other fans base, realise that FFP does tie your hands behind your back, you can't simply spend to try and improve the club (unless you get very lucky) big investment in 'better' players simply become a massive gamble for clubs outside the established top 6 (a few who are simply there because FFP didn't used to exist). The modern era is not about simply pumping money in to player transfers and wages (can only do this for a short period before it catches up with you), its now more about generating money and maximising revenue streams. 

If 777 are all about using sound and sustainable commercial and business accument with top proffessional at the helm then with the new stadium now just around the corner - this has to be the perfect time for clever business savy people to get involved with a club and make the most of the oppertunities that are ahead of Everton. A bit finger cross, but would be the same with any new owner. 

Now all I really want is 777 to get the best deal possible for themselves (which as Everton's new owners means the best deal for the club), If 777 get us on the 'cheap', it should be to the clubs benefit as less debt burden and thus interest payments etc on the owning entity. I now want to see Moshiri taking as big a financial hit as possible and thus seeing as much money written off as possible through this sale.

Crucially, when I opened my email this morning I had 777 messages...it's a sign I tell you:D

55 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wonder if the Goodison Legacy will get fucked off with the new owners and the land will just be sold off to make money instead.

I think they were calling for questions to answer, hopefully they'll answer positively. Or if they wanted to sell, hopefully a local business can take control.