IGNORED

Can Everton win the league?

I agree that ManU need a complete overhaul. Then again, Everton has already started their overhaul. The key isn't overhaul per se, but the strategy that underlies it. When your strategy is clear, it's a case of finding the right type of player to fit the missing role. Spurs have shown the futility of buying supposedly good players without having a clear strategy in place. Right now, David Moyes should be focused on strategy, not rushing out to buy players.

It's clear that we do have a strategy - and bringing in McCarthy and Barry, for example. is a reflection of it. I have no doubt that there will be some surprise transfers coming up, but we can be sure they are because they are consistent with our strategy and not just because someone makes headlines in the press or on YouTube.

Just out of interest a win against Sunderland will mean we'd be equal with our points total at the same point in 04/05 (Played 18, 37 points). That year we stumbled through the rest of the season (W7 D3 L10) and still finished in fourth! Have to believe we're going to get more than twenty-four over the rest of the season surely?

Exciting bloody times!!

I am hoping we can get at least 12 points out of the next 15 to be honest. Be nice to get all 15, and it is very possible. I am quite confident that we can set a new premiership points total for our club. Fingers crossed we will do it.

We "only" need thirty-two points from our remaining twenty-one games to do that.....so a record as average as (for example) W9 D5 L7 would be enough. If we got twelve from the next fifteen available we'll probably be top....second at worst.

As a Spurs fan I have experienced both quite recently (League Cup in 07-08, Champs League in 10-11). Although winning a trophy was very special and pretty much the aim of the game, our Champions League campaign in 10-11 was an amazing experience. Beating Inter and AC Milan, getting to go to Bernabeau to play Real Madrid (even if it was for a 4-0 thrashing), hearing that Champions League music at the Lane, it was just incredible. Its something that you guys would really enjoy and I personally think (and hope) that you make it in over Liverpool.

Thanks for that.

As a Spurs fan I have experienced both quite recently (League Cup in 07-08, Champs League in 10-11). Although winning a trophy was very special and pretty much the aim of the game, our Champions League campaign in 10-11 was an amazing experience. Beating Inter and AC Milan, getting to go to Bernabeau to play Real Madrid (even if it was for a 4-0 thrashing), hearing that Champions League music at the Lane, it was just incredible. Its something that you guys would really enjoy and I personally think (and hope) that you make it in over Liverpool.

1st post of the year candidate :P? But seriously though, cheers for that and I too would rather make the Champions and finally show my friends to never sleep on Everton ever again.

We've been really lucky with injuries so far this season, and form too in some cases. We will have to have a dry spell, I think from the Fulham game we haven't played so well. But still got nine points from 12. If we get a win at Stoke we can start to pick up momentum again. The likes of Pienaar and Mirallas will eventually find form again and Gerry will come back, a strong second half of the season is a good possibility. If we can add a couple of players to the squad in January we could be in for a great season. Won't win the league though.