IGNORED

Europa League Watch

Why do you think that? I'd have thought it'd sell well.

For a start, I wanted different seats and they told me I'd have to wait until the allotted time was up for season ticket holders to buy theres before they could change me. Rang today and was told I had plenty of options if I wanted to change plus I just don't think people will be all that excited about it. If it was the knock out stage then yes but I think the gates for the group will be average at best.

So if Europe doesn't get fans excited, what will?

It's not a case of that, it's affordability as well to some people, work commitments, keeping their children up way past their bedtime and a whole host of other reasons.

Thing is it's just a group stage game, there's another 5 to play after this. I doubt there will be more than 30-32 there and I'm being generous with that .

Some people, especially the older generation just don't get excited at the prospect of playing Wolfsburg in the Europa league on a Thursday night.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it and I'll be there as I always am but others wont bother.

There are still some great seats available in the Park end, which there wouldn't be this close to the game if it was going to be a huge crowd, they're the first to sell out.

"Good" and "very good" availability all round the ground still, we'll do well to get many more than 30,000 I think; Paddock just listed the reasons. I think they've priced it too high personally, so many games coming up a lot of people will find it hard coming up with enough cash.

It's not a case of that, it's affordability as well to some people, work commitments, keeping their children up way past their bedtime and a whole host of other reasons.

Thing is it's just a group stage game, there's another 5 to play after this. I doubt there will be more than 30-32 there and I'm being generous with that .

Some people, especially the older generation just don't get excited at the prospect of playing Wolfsburg in the Europa league on a Thursday night.

Personally, I'm looking forward to it and I'll be there as I always am but others wont bother.

As far as I can remember we sold well the last time we were in the Europa League and there were good atmospheres.

Edit - be a bit disappointing if there's a crap crowd when we've waited so long to get back into European competition and it's not like we're playing some minnow no one has ever heard of.

Edited by Romey 1878

As far as I can remember we sold well the last time we were in the Europa League and there were good atmospheres.

Edit - be a bit disappointing if there's a crap crowd when we've waited so long to get back into European competition and it's not like we're playing some minnow no one has ever heard of.

We only scraped over 30,000 once in 09/10; for the Benfica game. All the others were less down to 18,000 for Bate (though that was a dead game I think as we'd already qualified). 26,000 for the home opener v AEK.

07/08 crowds were much better, but that was pre financial crash when there was more money about.

I'd love to be there :(. "House sitting" for my in laws this week and I'm driving sixty miles home to watch it with Josh :).

We only scraped over 30,000 once in 09/10; for the Benfica game. All the others were less down to 18,000 for Bate (though that was a dead game I think as we'd already qualified). 26,000 for the home opener v AEK.

07/08 crowds were much better, but that was pre financial crash when there was more money about.

I'd love to be there :(. "House sitting" for my in laws this week and I'm driving sixty miles home to watch it with Josh :).

I must just be romanticising it then! :(

We never do sell big for Europa games Romey mate, a lot of people aren't really arsed until the knock outs plus some of the reasons I mentioned.

It's hardly a massive game. If we needed to win to qualify I'd expect a big-ish gate but we'll honestly do well to get 30.

Regardless though mate, we'll be there supporting them and that's alls that matters. Be nice for a massive crowd with the place bouncing but it's not gonna happen.

The old lady can still sing a tune, even when she's just over half full ;)

We never do sell big for Europa games Romey mate, a lot of people aren't really arsed until the knock outs plus some of the reasons I mentioned.

It's hardly a massive game. If we needed to win to qualify I'd expect a big-ish gate but we'll honestly do well to get 30.

Regardless though mate, we'll be there supporting them and that's alls that matters. Be nice for a massive crowd with the place bouncing but it's not gonna happen.

The old lady can still sing a tune, even when she's just over half full ;)

As I said, we did OK in 07/08.

UEFA Cup 20/09/2007 Metalist H 37,120 D 1 1
UEFA Cup 25/10/2007 Larissa H 33,777 W 3 1
UEFA Cup 05/12/2007 Zenit H 38,407 W 1 0
UEFA Cup 21/02/2008 Brann H 32,834 W 6 1
UEFA Cup 12/03/2008 FiorentinaH 38,026 W 2 0

Agree with previous comments about Thursday night etc those not local to Merseyside will be looking at it and thinking it's a big ask with work commitments etc. plus it's on tele.

Also pricing is again high. I paid £28 as a ST Holder. Not sure what the costs are for non ticket holders.

However like all cup games I expect huge queues at the box office come Thursday evening.

Edited by MiguelCotto

Agree with previous comments about Thursday night etc those not local to Merseyside will be looking at it and thinking it's a big ask with work commitments etc. plus it's on tele.

Also pricing is again high. I paid £28 as a ST Holder. Not sure what the costs are for non ticket holders.

However like all cup games I expect huge queues at the box office come Thursday evening.

Ones I looked at in the Park end were £33.

Yep, absolutely spot on. If you have a figure of gate receipts in mind, you're better charging less but getting greater foot fall. The guys and girls that make the longer trips of a weekend may not be able to due to work commitments and they're likely to watch on TV. Get interest from the locals by dropping the price on its arse. Get people interested in coming down. I'd have been more likely to go if the tickets were closer to £20, but over £30 is too much when you consider petrol, parking and all the other bits.

Club missed a trick here. Another unthoughtout plan.

Edited by tenaciousj

Update on this. Just been the box office to swap our seats for the game due to my boy wanting to sit in a different part of the ground (he wants to try the seats in all the stands) and the girl (lovely she was to ?) said that they had sold a LOT of tickets yesterday and today and although it wont be a sell out they're expecting over 30k now after initial worries it was going to be closer to 20k .

So hopefully it'll be a good game. Got good tickets in the upper Bullens but couldn't get halfway line area or front row at all.

Getting excited now. Stopped on Goodison Road and said my usual prayer to Dixie. Sat and looked at the Old Lady for 10 minutes just thinking about all the emotions I've experienced in her. Fucking love being an Evertonian, it really is in your heart and soul.

COYFBB!!!!

Update on this. Just been the box office to swap our seats for the game due to my boy wanting to sit in a different part of the ground (he wants to try the seats in all the stands) and the girl (lovely she was to ) said that they had sold a LOT of tickets yesterday and today and although it wont be a sell out they're expecting over 30k now after initial worries it was going to be closer to 20k .

So hopefully it'll be a good game. Got good tickets in the upper Bullens but couldn't get halfway line area or front row at all.

Getting excited now. Stopped on Goodison Road and said my usual prayer to Dixie. Sat and looked at the Old Lady for 10 minutes just thinking about all the emotions I've experienced in her. Fucking love being an Evertonian, it really is in your heart and soul.

COYFBB!!!!

Something everyone can agree on! To those who will be in attendance tomorrow please understand how jealous everyone of us Americans is and be in full voice for the team and for those who cannot make it to the game. I know that atmosphere will be truly special.

Something everyone can agree on! To those who will be in attendance tomorrow please understand how jealous everyone of us Americans is and be in full voice for the team and for those who cannot make it to the game. I know that atmosphere will be truly special.

I feel like a little kid at Christmas, I cannot wait to get to Goodison tomorrow night!

Quite strange that I'm in Somerset and really excited about heading south down the M5 tomorrow to watch it on the TV; currently 200 miles from Goodison and looking forward to being 250 miles away :huh:.

Haha it's what makes us Evertonians a special breed. I know most football fans probably think the same about their own but I really do believe that we're different to most fans, that we appreciate and celebrate things on a whole different level.