IGNORED

Defensive Frailties

foobiezw

Can someone explain to me how Stones goes into the centre back position and we look pretty solid in there. Then when Coleman's out injuried he plays him RB.... Ok that's fair enough..... But he then subs the lad and keeps Jagielka on. Have some fucking balls Martinez and drop him. He's out of form and overrated.

Can someone explain to me how Stones goes into the centre back position and we look pretty solid in there. Then when Coleman's out injuried he plays him RB.... Ok that's fair enough..... But he then subs the lad and keeps Jagielka on. Have some fucking balls Martinez and drop him. He's out of form and overrated.

But then we'd need to play Distin, who is in even worse for than Jags.

I couldn't believe it...how jagielka has survived is beyond me

I think we missed a trick with Caulker - hopefully there's some kind of release in his contract as we've got the perfect opportunity to 'evolve' next summer with Distin and Alcaraz out of contract.

I watched Caulker for QPR last week and he was atrociuos. No idea about players making runs in behind him and generally he was positionally all over the place. We dont need another one of those!

Maybe it's time to blood browning at CB. If also like to see Alcaraz. He ha some good games last year, and passes well out of the back without looking like a deer in headlights (jags).

Stones and Alcaraz next prem match please.

Bring Alcaraz in for the derby? Are you mad?!

He's slow, and barely match fit. He'll get a game against Swansea and then he'll be back to the bench.

Also how can we be short of cover at centre back? We have 4 centre backs, all of whom are fit, as well as Browning as backup should all else fail!

Individual mistakes cost us games at the moment, why that's happening I don't know but it's hardly like our defence are giving away a lot of chances. Palace had 3 shots on target, 1 of which was a penalty. The penalty given away was a bit sloppy, Stones felt he was shielding it for Howard but the attacker did well to get himself in with Distin not blocking him off very well. Howard was poor in the way he came to it really, should have been an easy claim. 2nd goal was poor judgement from Howard though either Stones (who was nearest) or a centre back should have been with the Palace player rather than allowing him so much room. 3rd goal Osman takes too long on the ball and their player who receives to score has too much room. Where was Stones for that 3rd goal? I watched back and couldn't see where he was? Up the field I'm guessing?

Hibbert wasn't around because he was apparently not fit for the game due to an injury. Though the fact that it's said he'll be fit for Swansea makes me a bit sceptical!

He's slow, and barely match fit. He'll get a game against Swansea and then he'll be back to the bench.

Also how can we be short of cover at centre back? We have 4 centre backs, all of whom are fit, as well as Browning as backup should all else fail!

Individual mistakes cost us games at the moment, why that's happening I don't know but it's hardly like our defence are giving away a lot of chances. Palace had 3 shots on target, 1 of which was a penalty. The penalty given away was a bit sloppy, Stones felt he was shielding it for Howard but the attacker did well to get himself in with Distin not blocking him off very well. Howard was poor in the way he came to it really, should have been an easy claim. 2nd goal was poor judgement from Howard though either Stones (who was nearest) or a centre back should have been with the Palace player rather than allowing him so much room. 3rd goal Osman takes too long on the ball and their player who receives to score has too much room. Where was Stones for that 3rd goal? I watched back and couldn't see where he was? Up the field I'm guessing?

Hibbert wasn't around because he was apparently not fit for the game due to an injury. Though the fact that it's said he'll be fit for Swansea makes me a bit sceptical!

On the bench. McCarthy went to right back an it was he who should have been covering.

As as surmised by Jimmy Floyd - hasslbaink on MOTM...its been individual errors all season. You can't coach it, once the players are on the pitch...its upto them.

It's as if the players are taking it in turns to fuck up. Howard was definitely at fault for the first 2 yesterday. Then for the 3rd, we'll that highlights the problem you can have when asking a central player to play wider. Mccarthy takes a look at Bolasie and sees him running in but his split second instinct was to stay central. That left Bolasie on his own.

I hope these boys get these errors out of their system. Then we can push on for the rest of the season.

Where was Stones? He was watching from the bench cos Martinez subbed him and put Mcarthey who is a centre mid at right back.

People like you piss me right off, you obviously haven't even watched the fucking game and you're trying to insuate Stones was at fault for the 3rd goal when he wasn't on the pitch!! Same with the pen, Howard screamed for the ball and got there too late and took the player not Stones fault at all, the second had fuck all to do with Stones giving Campbell loads of room. Howard has an advantage of being taller then the whole length of his arms as extra height then the added protection that if the striker so much as breaths on him the refs giving a free kick and he still manages to let Campbell who isn't the biggest head it in.

How you can even think of blaming Stones absolutely astonishes me. Try watching the match next time before blaming players when you quite clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

As as surmised by Jimmy Floyd - hasslbaink on MOTM...its been individual errors all season. You can't coach it, once the players are on the pitch...its upto them.

It's as if the players are taking it in turns to fuck up. Howard was definitely at fault for the first 2 yesterday. Then for the 3rd, we'll that highlights the problem you can have when asking a central player to play wider. Mccarthy takes a look at Bolasie and sees him running in but his split second instinct was to stay central. That left Bolasie on his own.

I hope these boys get these errors out of their system. Then we can push on for the rest of the season.

I completely agree but I don't understand how it can keep happening. A couple of times I think we have sat back a little too much and invited pressure but the majority have been from simple plays whether they are attacking or defending. I haven't seen anything like it before from top players especially when they haven't been under pressure, just like those yesterday.

No game in the PL Is easy but when you gift goals to the other side you are asking for trouble and it's so hard to turn it around because it becomes frustrating and then you start having mentality issues because the players don't have that freedom.

Regarding the 3rd goal comments, it's irrelevant whatever McCarthy does or doesn't do. Osman shouldn't be losing the ball there EVER. That is the problem and that is what we need to correct.

I completely agree but I don't understand how it can keep happening. A couple of times I think we have sat back a little too much and invited pressure but the majority have been from simple plays whether they are attacking or defending. I haven't seen anything like it before from top players especially when they haven't been under pressure, just like those yesterday.

No game in the PL Is easy but when you gift goals to the other side you are asking for trouble and it's so hard to turn it around because it becomes frustrating and then you start having mentality issues because the players don't have that freedom.

Regarding the 3rd goal comments, it's irrelevant whatever McCarthy does or doesn't do. Osman shouldn't be losing the ball there EVER. That is the problem and that is what we need to correct.

I know. I think that's the bit that is getting a few minds boggling...how come it keeps happening?!!! It's almost laughable.

I know. I think that's the bit that is getting a few minds boggling...how come it keeps happening?!!! It's almost laughable.

I could understand if it was as a result of pressure building up and we weren't able to get on the ball etc but it's happened when we have been in complete control, only just started or towards the end of games when we have been comfortable. And it's senior players, not young guys coming in. Experienced internationals that should know better.

I could understand if it was as a result of pressure building up and we weren't able to get on the ball etc but it's happened when we have been in complete control, only just started or towards the end of games when we have been comfortable. And it's senior players, not young guys coming in. Experienced internationals that should know better.

And that's the nightmare for Martinez. Experienced players with plenty of mileage making the mistakes. Maybe it's too much mileage now!

And that's the nightmare for Martinez. Experienced players with plenty of mileage making the mistakes. Maybe it's too much mileage now!

Yeh that's very true. Its very difficult to drop your captain as well and he has been one of the worst culprits. Same can be said for the vice-captain too (presuming its Osman). I do feel a bit sorry for Osman because his legs are gone and he probably only has 60mins in him but Jags, Distin, Barry, McGeady are all wise enough and still fit enough now.

Surprised at the digs at Distin to be honest. Yes he has made some howlers in his time here, but last season he was our best CB and was very good alongside Stones.

Jags is the achilles heel at the moment and has to be dropped.

He won't though.

A ) He's captain.

B ) Martinez plays players through bad form, as he believes dropping them after poor run of form damages their confidence in the long run.

Edited by tenaciousj

He won't though.

A ) He's captain.

B ) Martinez plays players through bad form, as he believes dropping them after poor run of form damages their confidence in the long run.

I know, and I can understand that dropping in bad form can make the players confidence even worse. But if a players confidence is a priority over points, then I have serious concerns about the management.