Swansea (A)...Muhamed Besic

Crystal Palace (H)...Leighton Baines

Wolfsburg (H)...Tim Howard

West Brom (A)...Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea (H)...Kevin Mirallas

Arsenal (H)...Steven Naismith

Leicester (A)...Steven Naismith

Guest rusty747

Stones by a country mile but a mention in dispatches for Hibbo. I thought he had a solid game, made some great tackles, dealt with their pace well and even looked dangerous going forward a few times. I do think he could have covered across better for their goal though.

But MotM is Stones. We need to double his salary and the length of his contract pronto.

Edited by rusty747

I agree with Paddock with regards to McGeady

I think he looked quite useful when we got him on the ball, in fact he was the only Everton player on the pitch who looked capable of creating something. Obviously Stones was MotM though

Made up with the result, especially if the other score stays the same but how they were not out of sight is way beyond me. Lucky point but I will take that happily

Stones

Thought Mcgeady was good tonight as well. Nowhere near Stones but wanted to give him a mention because I'm quick enough slating him.

Well done Aiden.

Yep. Was impressed tonight. I don't think we use him enough. He needs to be allowed to run full on at defenders each and every time. No stopping. Just give him it and let him go.

Yesterday, Hibbert had one vote. Today he has none. How did that happen?

I hadn't noticed he had one, if he had then the person who voted or him must have deleted it, certainly I've not made any changes and the total vote count adds up correctly.

Roberto said: "John Stones has been in terrific form ever since he played his first friendly in the USA," said Martinez.

"Since then he has been growing as a footballer and he is a complete centre-half.

"In the modern game you need centre halves who are as good in defensive duties as they are exposing one versus one situations and being good on the ball.

"John has gone to the next level this season. He has shown he is ready for any challenge.

"Every time he has played for England he has done well and he is growing at club level every game.

"John is really well rounded but the focus is on what he can do at Everton - it is not up to me to measure his possibilities with the national team.

"He is a leader. He is born with that quality. He has real high standards in everything he does and for a young man he has always got the right approach on a daily basis.

"In my eyes he is a potential captain and leader, someone very close to Phil Jagielka and Gareth Barry.

"He has a good core to learn from - Jagielka, Sylvain Distin and Antolin Alcaraz and it has been beneficial having Tim Howard behind him.

"Clearly in the last few weeks he has earned his place and performances have shown that."

Roberto said: "John Stones has been in terrific form ever since he played his first friendly in the USA," said Martinez.

"Since then he has been growing as a footballer and he is a complete centre-half.

"In the modern game you need centre halves who are as good in defensive duties as they are exposing one versus one situations and being good on the ball.

"John has gone to the next level this season. He has shown he is ready for any challenge.

"Every time he has played for England he has done well and he is growing at club level every game.

"John is really well rounded but the focus is on what he can do at Everton - it is not up to me to measure his possibilities with the national team.

"He is a leader. He is born with that quality. He has real high standards in everything he does and for a young man he has always got the right approach on a daily basis.

"In my eyes he is a potential captain and leader, someone very close to Phil Jagielka and Gareth Barry.

"He has a good core to learn from - Jagielka, Sylvain Distin and Antolin Alcaraz and it has been beneficial having Tim Howard behind him.

"Clearly in the last few weeks he has earned his place and performances have shown that."

Very interesting that Martinez sees Stones as a future captain. In many ways, McCarthy is the engine of the team, yet it would seem his personality is not suited to captaincy. Martinez appears to believe that captains are to some extent born that way.