IGNORED

**The Vaults**

MC11

I hope so Matt.

I want to eat humble pie I really do.

I thought Eto played behind Rom to give him more of a chance I front of goal, to be played in front of him as you would say. We are having to play Eto behind Rom because Rom isn't good enough to be able to link play.

Rom wasn't brought in for link up play, he was brought in to score. Which usually he does.

The AMC (Barkley, Eto'o, Naismith, Osman, Pienaar) is there to link up between the midfield and the striker. There is no link up if the striker isn't there, because then he is linking up with the midfield and noone else, because he isn't there to link up with.

Guest blueboy122

Wonder if this bollocks would still be branded about if we'd paid £28m for Barkley and Rom had come through the academy? Just a thought.... :rolleyes:

Christ you really are thick :lol:

Ross has had an off few games since returning but we all know that Ross has the basics of a professional footballer he still demonstrates that each game.

When Lukaku isn't getting the ball on a plate what's he doing?

Breaking down our attacks

Giving the ball away

Tripping over his own feet.

Getting nowhere near winning headers

Generally being more of a passenger than an OAP in fact on occasion he can be a liability.

I don't think I've ever thought at any point Christ get Ross off he's a liability. Yes I've thought he needs to be taken off as he's having a bad game and ineffective but never thought he was a liability.

Are you serious!?

please make the list go on so you can continue to make a mokery of your own argument!

What do all those players have in common?! How old were they when people started to take notice of them? He's twenty fucking one Haf, Like i said i would love to see where that list of players you've mashed up were at when they were 21!

I'm done on this. Tired of trying to have a balanced argument with people who are desperate to see him fail.

What a comment that is. Desperate to see an Everton player fail? - I don't think in 30 years that has ever been the case.

I didn't rate Moyes highly but did that mean I didn't want to win the FA Cup final? I support Everton, but I find it difficult to understand why people "EXCUSE" mediocrity.

It seems to be something that has grown in the Moyes apathy years - "EXCUSES".

It seems now that the reason that Lukaku can't be blamed is:-

He's 21

He scored 1 in 2

Martinez plays him in a different way

He had a broken toe which takes 6 weeks to heal about 14 weeks ago

He played in the world cup - (so did Costa)

He is being an attacking midfielder - (even though he isn't)

He's got a few years before he should be expected to control a football

He's got a few years before his 6ft 4 15st frame should be expected to be strong (Tyson was a heavyweight champion of the world at 20)

Naismith doesn't help his game

Maybe we should start a Rom defence thread.

Guest blueboy122

:lol: So its my fault the site was wrong? grow up.

"looking at facts" is often a common symptom of "short sightedness"....i'd get yourself checked ;)

:lol:

That's called checking your facts.

I am short sighted when your argument is a fact based argument about his 1 in 2 record.

Brilliant :lol:

Only on toffeetalk.

Guest blueboy122

What a comment that is. Desperate to see an Everton player fail? - I don't think in 30 years that has ever been the case.

I didn't rate Moyes highly but did that mean I didn't want to win the FA Cup final? I support Everton, but I find it difficult to understand why people "EXCUSE" mediocrity.

He's 21

He scored 1 in 2

He's got a few years before his 6ft 4 15st frame should be expected to be strong (Tyson was a heavyweight champion of the world at 20)

The list goes on.

Eto will be getting in his way next not allowing him to play.

I'm thinking of changing the title of every thread to Romelu Lukaku because every thread becomes about him!

I'm convinced that if there was a thread about scrambled eggs it'd eventually lead back to Lukaku.

I'm beginning to hate the fucking man. Not because of what he is or isn't doing on the pitch but because of shit like this thread.

My head is fucking melting. Please, people, stop with this shit, it's ruining threads.

I second that. Thought this thread was meant to be a light hearted, bit of banter type of thread where people judged a player too early? That went out the pan. These days it seems that every thread manages to end up in a disagreement about one thing or another and I don't know about others but it's getting boring. Used to enjoy scouting and contributing to this forum but lately I've completely lost interest.

I'm thinking of changing the title of every thread to Romelu Lukaku because every thread becomes about him!

I'm convinced that if there was a thread about scrambled eggs it'd eventually lead back to Lukaku.

I'm beginning to hate the fucking man. Not because of what he is or isn't doing on the pitch but because of shit like this thread.

My head is fucking melting. Please, people, stop with this shit, it's ruining threads.

When Everton signed Jags, I think he was pretty much destined for the midfield, Seem to remember many many people saying what a terrible signing he was.

Naismith has to be a brilliant example of proving people wrong.

On Lukaku and yes it is fucking boring, we seem to be lacking a Pienaar type player (Pienaars form hasn't been great) to slip the ball through to the big man.He is still pretty young, he will improve, to be honest we (Everton) aren't really playing well, get a couple more issues right and Lukaku will benefit.

The best of Ross is yet to come, the best of Lukaku likewise.

He's 21

He scored 1 in 2

I threw that comment in because I knew it would Irk you.

But im sorry Haf, when you constantly point out a players flaws and constantly compare a young lad learning his trade against seasoned professionals and just go: "Fucking el, we paid £28m for him! why isnt he doing what they're doing" its either you know fuck all about football (which i know isnt true) or your just blinded by everything thats wrong with him and simply refuse to see reason when it comes down to it, because you've stated your opinion on him now and refuse to see that change.

Im going with option number 2.

Just to point out i've used 2 of the so called "excuses" you thought up and both are very valid points which you are yet to acknowledge.

When Everton signed Jags, I think he was pretty much destined for the midfield, Seem to remember many many people saying what a terrible signing he was.

Naismith has to be a brilliant example of proving people wrong.

On Lukaku and yes it is fucking boring, we seem to be lacking a Pienaar type player (Pienaars form hasn't been great) to slip the ball through to the big man.He is still pretty young, he will improve, to be honest we (Everton) aren't really playing well, get a couple more issues right and Lukaku will benefit.

The best of Ross is yet to come, the best of Lukaku likewise.

:yay:

I think it's frustrating that most threads do turn into Rom threads - even ones that I don't start off that way, maybe it's the fact that hes our record signing by a clear £13m and he doesn't so much as divide opinion but divide excuses.

The thing is I don't think anyone disagrees with the criticism, It's the varying levels or acceptance or hope that for whatever reason he won't look a liability when the ball is played to him in the near future.

A poacher is not a £28m player, being 21 does not mean that he has an acceptable skill gap. At the same age/season Christiano Ronaldo scored his 31 goals in 38 games for Man United and dominated games.

Yes Ronaldo has kicked on again since then but he made his greatest leap in development prior to being 21.

I think it's frustrating that most threads do turn into Rom threads - even ones that I don't start off that way, maybe it's the fact that hes our record signing by a clear £13m and he doesn't so much as divide opinion but divide excuses.

The thing is I don't think anyone disagrees with the criticism, It's the varying levels or acceptance or hope that for whatever reason he won't look a liability when the ball is played to him in the near future.

A poacher is not a £28m player, being 21 does not mean that he has an acceptable skill gap. At the same age/season Christiano Ronaldo scored his 31 goals in 38 games for Man United and dominated games.

Yes Ronaldo has kicked on again since then but he made his greatest leap in development prior to being 21.

FUCKING PRICETAG AGAIN!? Edited by Matt

FUCKING PRICETAG AGAIN!?

Yeah it's kinda like you know that £30m debt mortgaged over 30 years that was used as the excuse as to why we hadn't been able to compete or become attractive to investors. It's just £2m shy of that.

It's not Roms fault, personally RM and BK want bloody shooting over that. But if I see that lad strolling around with his "not my day today" face on him again then I'll explode.

I managed to watch the Sunderland game and in all seriousness it is the worst performance I have seen from a striker, the most galling thing was his attitude.

ffs, I could accept Nick Chadwick being shite, the lad wore the shirt with pride and worked hard and showed fight. I don't care how shit things are going, you don't stroll and sulk.

Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1"

ToffeeTalk Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of "Lukaku is shit" being mentioned approaches 1"

Edited by Cornish Steve

I have to admit I'm glad I wasn't here when we signed him. The night he signed I was jumping round the living room shouting £14 million 14 fucking million is he mad, 8 million and that's being generous the robbing bastards have pulled our kecks right down with this.

Oh how I've eaten a rather large piece of humble pie over it but I'm delighted I have.

For me, being wrong over a player is good because if the come good it benefits Everton so I would honestly want to be wrong every time.

Even over Kone. :P

I think I've posted this before but if it was not today then I've forgotten. Rom is not good with his back to goal, he just doesn't have the skill. The system we play which requires him to be a 'hold up' man doesn't suit. We need to get him running on to through balls, using his pace and strength. He can trap a ball further than I can kick it. (I think I have posted that before too.) :D

On James McCarthy-

:P

Jesus Christ thats a shocker... Especially as I really rated him!

I had to even go back and make sure it was McCarthy I was talking about as I didnt believe it haha. I did change my opinion on him pretty quickly though and within 6 months I was a big fan!

I must have been smoking something that day... :doh: