IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (h)

markjazzbassist

very happy with the win. loved seeing ross in the box to box role with besic, glad to see naisy back and scoring and glad to see kone come in and give it a go. stones on the bench, we could be back to close to full strength. very very sad about mirallas, he was really just starting to come alive.

ross and Besic won't work against better teams though. But, it's a plan B that's worked today, and people coming back is a boost (unless it's Pienaar)

Good performance on the whole. We controlled the play for most of the game but got sloppy for 20 minutes conceded and then we sparked back into life. As much as I was frustrated with Besic in the first half, he was fucking supreme in the 2nd and was almost my MOTM. He was on the front foot all half, none of this sitting back bollocks and he was one of the main reasons we started pressing higher up the pitch. He was making the key plays defensively and Barkley at the other end, even from his deeper role, was making the key offensive plays. Jags and Distin were good enough at the back bar the goal, and Naisy put in a real shift despite not showing his quality. Lukaku good first half, crap second. I thought the Pienaar sub was the right one to help us control the game but it didnt work cos he gave it away constantly and whilst McGeady was largely anonymous I prefer him there to anyone else, just because he can stretch the play.

Howard on the other hand can really fuck off. 2 things to do all game and ballsed them both up. The shot from that distance can be difficult but it really wasnt struck with any power and he palmed it into the wrong area. The lack of speed on the shot probably counted against him because he meant he had to generate the power but he has to do better.

Decent result. But why do we ease off again? After the 3rd, we invited QPR to play better and get more confident, while we should have kicked them in the nuts while they were down.

It was alright over all, we still have a bit to do to be at our best.

Besic was a beast.

Jags and Distin their usual 50/50 solid selves but at times so dodgy in possession.

Coleman and Baines, I sometimes wonder if they run forward too soon and run out if space. Coleman was just poor. Baines a bit better, very slow to react to Zambia for the QPR goal.

Barkley did well to control himself in a deeper role. Went a bit quieter in the 2nd half.

Mirallas did fine. But, like many creative players, just wants to take the ball too much.

Naismith, usual energy and mischief. Looked comfortable playing even deeper once subs were made.

Lukaku...sorry, but another abysmal performance. This bloke really needs a kick up the arse. This is no one else's fault.

Eto'o and Kone...Looked good. Kone should get a chance up top on his own. These guys movement and use of the ball is brill...Lukaku needs to work with these guys in training and learn a lot from them.

Really suprised with the fans tonight, I actually felt a little ashamed to be an evertonian. No wonder the team starts to panic!! 3-0 up and keep ball is fine. It's when we're not winning and we are just constantly passing it across the back line that's it's a problem

Where you at the game?

Three deflected goals !

If Rangers had had their top goalscorer with them tonight I think it would have been a struggle.They at time walked straight through us!

Just getting a bit sick of the sideways backpass game, our players are better than that, come on Martinez try moving it along a bit, like when Rangers played it through the middle!

Besic, Naismith and Ross, thank God those three were up for it.

I understand the Boo's when the ball was going all the way back to Howard.

This isn't a one off knee jerk reaction. It's a build up of frustration from fans who don't see the point in being on the ascendency only to then play it right back, for Howard to hoof it, and the opposition to get possession.

I thought that was crazy. Yeh when we are playing slowly and looking to win, but 3-1 up and in control is stupid!

It's not hard to notice the games of late... Howard has been casually holding on to the ball for a lifetime... Even when we're losing and drawing (West Ham & Hull)... That's why there's booing.

made up with the points not a convincing display got the luck with 3 deflected goals ross very good first half thought he disappeared in the 2nd half

besic man of the match for me above the red shite that's good pity we could not keep a clean sheet he should have done better again.

I understand the Boo's when the ball was going all the way back to Howard.

This isn't a one off knee jerk reaction. It's a build up of frustration from fans who don't see the point in being on the ascendency only to then play it right back, for Howard to hoof it, and the opposition to get possession.

drives me nuts, and I don't agree with booing when we're keeping possession rather than making stupid passes, it's just the right thing to do. However, I understand it because it's fucking annoying, especially when the ball makes it way back from the oppositions defence third. Fans patience has been stretched in recent weeks so as much as I don't like booing, I get it.

It's not hard to notice the games of late... Howard has been casually holding on to the ball for a lifetime... Even when we're losing and drawing (West Ham & Hull)... That's why there's booing.

There was booing earlier on which I fully understand. Sometimes we are very negative but we have the game won, we are keeping hold of the ball and its not like Howard is under pressure. Booing in that situation just seems silly and it will just create more tension in the players. Booing can get a reaction from the players, which I think it did early in the game, but at that stage its pointless.

drives me nuts, and I don't agree with booing when we're keeping possession rather than making stupid passes, it's just the right thing to do. However, I understand it because it's fucking annoying, especially when the ball makes it way back from the oppositions defence third. Fans patience has been stretched in recent weeks so as much as I don't like booing, I get it.

Absolutely. It's just the fans way of saying 'you really don't need to do this'.

It's not nice to hear but 100% understandable.

I'm one of the biggest backers for our style of play but even I whinged twice in the game...Both times the same as when the Boo's could be heard.