IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (h)

markjazzbassist

The pessimism comes from years of heartache and sorrow. Being let down time and time again one false dawn after another. In my 41 years of life only 2 seasons in the 80s have been any different (that I truely remember) the rest have been disappointment after disappointment.

In the end it is bred into you, it's what you come to expect. It's also a defence mechanism a way of coping with the disappointment because you just know it's going to come.

In a way this is something our Overseas more recent fans will not understand. There's one American guy (name escapes me to be honest) who said your "violins" post at me saying my eyes well up when I hear ZCars at the game and we run out was funny and to him it probably is and probably many others it is but they do and I'm not ashamed to admit it. They well slightly I have a little cough to choke back then I get this immense sense of pride in the team a feeling of almost protectiveness towards them like I'm there to look after them, they're my team and I'm there for them and I love them dearly. Almost as much as my family, not quite but almost. It's not something I can control or I chose, it's just in me and a lot of the time I wish it wasn't I wish I could put it away for a bit and not worry about them or think about them but I can't.

A lot of people reading this will think it's ridiculous and probably mock it but I'm not arsed one iota because they'll never understand that feeling it huat isn't in them like that but that's fine everyone is different but as you say, it means a lot more to some than others.

It was I who said it. The response from MC11 is what was funny about that, not necessarily what you said.