IGNORED

Queens Park Rangers (h)

markjazzbassist

hes not shite, he's just easy to mark and defend against. He needs something else to make that leap from runner to effective winger.

he's not up to the task, is this another match fit fully fit? FFS shite not shite, easy to mark, he's not playing well and hasn't been and needs to be a bench or cup player that's that.

it pissed me off because he hinders and breaks down attacks and on top of it he really screws coleman. coleman doesn't ever see the ball when mcgeady has it on the right, we all know what seamus is able to do when he's on his day, i'd rather have someone who doesn't do anything amazing but is just able to play a role ala osman, pass do some defending and don't make monumental cock-ups every other play.

Boring first half an hour.

We improved a bit after that but we can do a lot better.

We are still sloppy in possession. This was summed up by that free kick that was played short and ended up back to Howard...unreal. Sick of seeing stuff like that.

But it's up to us to keep a rhythm now. QPR have gone a bit flat, if we can keep a rhythm and keep going forward, we can get another couple. Which would do confidence a load of good.

I think Besic is ace again...He has one setting: Seek & Destroy.

The right side of Coleman & McGeady is weak. It just isn't happening for them. They need a better understanding.

Lukaku needs to do a lot more to lose his marker when we are attacking. He needs to make more angled runs.

he's not up to the task, is this another match fit fully fit? FFS shite not shite, easy to mark, he's not playing well and hasn't been and needs to be a bench or cup player that's that.

it pissed me off because he hinders and breaks down attacks and on top of it he really screws coleman. coleman doesn't ever see the ball when mcgeady has it on the right, we all know what seamus is able to do when he's on his day, i'd rather have someone who doesn't do anything amazing but is just able to play a role ala osman, pass do some defending and don't make monumental cock-ups every other play.

id agree with that

it pissed me off because he hinders and breaks down attacks and on top of it he really screws coleman. coleman doesn't ever see the ball when mcgeady has it on the right, we all know what seamus is able to do when he's on his day, i'd rather have someone who doesn't do anything amazing but is just able to play a role ala osman, pass do some defending and don't make monumental cock-ups every other play.[/quote

Talking of shite performances nobody has picked up on Coleman?! He's been shite]

Good enough in the end but we started dreadfully slow. I would like to see us get in their faces far more often as they are crap and we would turn over the ball so often.

The good points can be mainly summed up by Barkley. They started pressing us high and he was just turning them round and he didnt take them long to drop the pace. The goal was class too. Others have shown spells, mainly Mirallas, Lukaku, Jags, Distin and Baines and others have been a little hit and miss Besic, Coleman, Naismith and then Howard who has had 1 thing to do and cocked it up and McGeady who hasnt really done anything.

I have seen a lot of comments from Besic but I cant help but a lot of you are seeing how well he ends up rescuing himself. He is getting caught out of position a lot (especially the first 25 mins) and sitting too deep as well. His recovery challenges have been good but if he read the game better he would have seen the danger and snuffed it out instead of having to lunge in, especially as it hasnt always been controlled. His passing has been terrible (I would love to know what his completion rate above 5 yards was in that first 30 mins) and he was getting turned far too easily for a player of his ability. However since Barkley scored he started pressing more, he has positioning has been better and his passing has been crisper. I dont know whether someone had a word in his ear or whether it just gave him the confidence to do what he should be doing.

Anyway we need to come out in the second half firing and put this well and truly to bed, showing the rest of the league what they are up against.

Talking of shite performances nobody has picked up on Coleman?! He's been shite]

i'll agree with that with one caveat, take off mcgeady and put someone on who will pass to coleman or allow him to run the flank and i think he will look better. he does seem to be in a funk lately though so who really knows whats going on.

He's done ok, and that's being polite. His passing has been ok but he is not moving the defenders around, no movement at all.

His movement has been fine enough for me. With Mirallas, Mcgeady and Naismith around him, we need someone to play centrally which he is doing and when the ball has come to him he has done well.