IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

But unfortunately at the time we got the penalty it was as clear as day what Pulis was here to do. Sides like Chelsea and Man City will struggle against a team set up like that.

The penalty was an absolutely amazing opportunity to get the 3 points that really were looking unlikely even at that stage. If we were 2-0 up or something - then I wouldn't have minded as much - but you still don't do it.

They may struggle, but they'd score. We didn't look like scoring if we played until morning.

Fat fingers again, ment to give you a green because I fully agree with you. Unless he wants to leave because in that case this is the last chance we have to get our money back.

FTFY

Top teams DO struggle against 10 men in and around the 18 yard box.

There's no space to manoeuvre. It ends up to cramped.

Loot at Barcelona Vs Real Sociedad recently. Early own goal for Real. Park the bus. Win 1-0. It happens.

You can go through the results of Chelsea and City and see there are a good few games where they have dominated possession, shots, corners etc, and I mean dominated by high margins, and drew or lost.

It's no consolation of course. We still need to pick up more points.

• 2 weeks later...

Milner wants a CM position so I don't think he would be happy here. Perhaps if we could offload Gibbo and get Milner in but I doubt that. We need to keep Kev, I still believe he had Baines permission to take the pen, and that he was doing it to act a senior player and get involved in pulling us out of the shit... I'm judging him on he reacts, he made a mistake, he would know it, let's see if he performs now!

Milner wants a CM position so I don't think he would be happy here. Perhaps if we could offload Gibbo and get Milner in but I doubt that. We need to keep Kev, I still believe he had Baines permission to take the pen, and that he was doing it to act a senior player and get involved in pulling us out of the shit... I'm judging him on he reacts, he made a mistake, he would know it, let's see if he performs now!

If he was acting as a 'senior player' involved in getting us out of the shit then, presumably, knowing Baines record on penalties, he would have let Baines take it. Baines didn't look exactly happy when Mirallas took the ball from him.

• 4 months later...

It's 12m bottle tops. It turns out they will be worth more than drachmas.

you bring up a great point steve, with all the economic unrest there it might not be a good situation to go into as a player. unless he gets them to pay him in sterling/us dollar which isn't uncommon. the marseille coach biesla gets paid in US dollars.

interesting, he does say he wants champions league and would get it there. i doubt they could afford 12m though, unless this was all part of the henen deal as well.

He played CL with Olympiakos and was virtually guaranteed it every year so if that's what motivates him why did he leave in the first place? I don't think he'll go back and if he does he'll just prove himself to be a flat-track bully, happy to be a big fish in a little pond.

I'm bored of the whole saga now it's been rumbling on since the West Brom game. He wants to go, he's happy, he wants cl footy, next year he will be wearing the same shirt.

Either sign a contract or fuck off . Not arsed either way anymore just want it sorting.

Couldn't agree more. Just shut it one way or the other

He played CL with Olympiakos and was virtually guaranteed it every year so if that's what motivates him why did he leave in the first place? I don't think he'll go back and if he does he'll just prove himself to be a flat-track bully, happy to be a big fish in a little pond.

i agree mike. no idea really, makes him sound like a hypocritical ass hole really. i want champs league. okay you've got it, i want more money, okay moved to everton and you got the transfer and wages, i want CL football again. sounds like a 5 year old.

i don't think he'd go back there either, probably little to no interest from premier and spanish teams so the agent is trying to trump anything up to get everton to do something.

Could possibly have thought he would come here tear it up and really shine and then have his pick of CL level clubs....?

Sadly for him he's been a talented but inconsistent player who's earning the tag of a smacked arse rightly or wrongly and maybe he realises the only way he will get the level of football and plaudits he thinks he deserves is playing in a far weaker league

As Pad said either way it needs resolving sharpish I'd rather just make a profit on him whilst we can and as early as possible and bring in a replacement early in the window it may all be bollocks but I'm tired of reading about his future and wants

• 1 month later...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-transfer-rumours-manchester-9800083

Elsewhere, Kevin Mirallas has been bid for by Fenerbahce - that's according to the general secretary of the Turkish club, Mahmut Uslu.

And he's even gone as far as to name a fee for the Blues wide man.

He said: “We want Kevin Mirallas. The fee has come to €8 million (£5.6 million). And he is not at peace with his coach. The player just needs convincing.”