IGNORED

Southampton (A)

MikeO

Guest rusty747

And to think I stayed up late to watch this. I now have 3 hours sleep before a flight to Milan.

I won't be doing that again. I don't mind losing if we can leave the pitch with heads held high. But today there isn't really a player or manager who can do that.

I wonder how many times we will hear phucking phenomenal in Roberto's post match bullshit?

Not sure what to say.

Well, the only thing I want to say for sure is....let's not tare each other to shreds lads, no need for the nastiness.

I only caught the last half hour or so (got a stream just as they got the 2nd). But I didn't see anything at all. Just a load of Everton players pushing on but nothing happening.

I'm feeling a bit numb really. I'm just feeling gutted for the first time. I'm not sure what's happening to us? We are playing like a bunch of strangers. There's no fluency, rhythm, belief. It's just...weird.

I'm saddened that Martinez picked this team. After Besic and Barkley showed so much promise against QPR. Shame. And to make no subs at all?! McGeady, Kone, Pienaar...all with critics...but all fresh legs, attacking options, to come off the bench.

I see no sense in playing Naismith, Eto'o and Barkley in a 3, as they all naturally want to go central. So they just step on each others toes and nullify each others threat.

I dunno. Just so so disappointed. I don't recognise this team just now. I can count on one hand the games I think we've played well in from all competitions. So disappointing.

I'm not writing the season off but the 2nd half of the season is going to have to be something special.

OH MY GOD!.......Lukaku again.

Try and get a life.

Oh fuck off. Try having a memory then you will be able put into context what I'm saying.

You are questioning me changing my tune on Martinez? Martinez performed well but is pissing us off big time.

He needs to show change.

Lukaku? You couldn't see the flaws, and even now they are there plain and simple your colours are nailed to the mast.

That aside I'm disgusted with more than lukaku. He is who he is, that shit house OG was unforgivable but Barry, distin, Baines can all get lost. Awful.

Martinez?!! I want to hear his press conference...

we were lucky on Monday I don't know the answer other than wholesale changes and we don't have that kind of money everyone has worked us out press us high

up RM does not have a plan B if someone is in the worst form of there life he leaves them in to play through it no matter how long it takes

and that says to me his ideas come first and efc second.

He's right.

It was him who wasted the money on lukaku.

It was him who gave Barry a contract.

It must have also been him who told our players to turn into a bunch of pansies.

Oh come on ffs. Lukaku scores goals, he was fantastic last season. Barry held the midfield together at times last season too, well worth signing.

How come so many feel that they know football better than a guy who has played all his life and managed several

Do you guys take part in every practice? Every training? Do you know who is hot and who isnt? How the fuck would you know if there are better alteratives to the team that our manager fields?

Get behind our team, our players and our manager.

Im fucking out, too many negative shits around here lately. (This is not just aimed at you shukes, youre normally very sound)

We've been better in possession but we really are struggling to create anything.

Really can't understand why Martinez has fucked around with the system to accommodate players. Barkley should never have been pushed out wide. Once again, it looks like a case of making changes for changes sake.

This all over. So fucking annoying. Pretty much what I said in the wingers Vs wingback thread. Too many people want to come inside, trying to force players into the starting 11 despite being out of position and at the teams expense.

McGeady gets a lot of shit but at least when he does play we can stretch the attack. He is worth his place in the team for that alone.

Really fitting result. That's pretty much the season written off for definite now. We need a big run in both remaining cups to make up for it.

Oh come on ffs. Lukaku scores goals, he was fantastic last season. Barry held the midfield together at times last season too, well worth signing.

How come so many feel that they know football better than a guy who has played all his life and managed several

Do you guys take part in every practice? Every training? Do you know who is hot and who isnt? How the fuck would you know if there are better alteratives to the team that our manager fields?

Get behind our team, our players and our manager.

Im fucking out, too many negative shits around here lately. (This is not just aimed at you shukes, youre normally very sound)

You're right in what your saying.

Eto'o dribbling right into a cauldesac every time. Naismith, who can better control a ball with his head than his feet. And Barkley with no space to run into from the wing, trying to force plays that aren't there. This can't happen.

We need to stretch the play. We need legs on the wing to create space in the middle. We've known this all season. Yet, Roberto went right ahead and chose the absolute worst tactic possible. McGeady and Kone would have made a world of difference today.

Today is a perfect case-in-point for why we need real fucking wingers in our side. I know injury has hampered us in the wide areas right now, but it's not like we don't have young players to give a shot. Anything is better than lying down and taking it in the ass from a side that lost 5 straight.

Martinez post-game "was nothing between the sides"....

hahahahaha what is that guy on?

It's fucking embarrasing Ten, seeiously. What a thing to come out with. I get he likes to stay positive and I get he doesn't like critisising in public but saying things like that just make him and us look stupid.

We were soundly beaten today against a team low on confidence, that lost to a league one side in the cup, played midweek and had arguably their most influential players missing today. Fucking disgraceful.

If it was a one off I could forgive it but we've been shit all season.

QPR we were lucky as we were against West Ham if this carries on and I can't see it changing it'll be a bottom half finish.

I just don't understand this playing players out of position just to put the in the team. It's glaringly obvious we have 3 natural no10s playing in a front 3 where 2 blatantly don't fit into the system we have players with loads of attacking flair yet we create nothing because he insists on asking players like Jagielka, Distin etc to play like Barcelonas Centre Halfs and stubbornly refuses to change his tacticts or benchhis blueeyes. He wont make a sub and when we are desperate for a goal or goals he has us playing keep ball at the back like we are 4-0 up.

It's ruining us. I said we were sussed out by opposing teams right at the beginning of the season and I stand by it still now. We're predictable, slow and lethargic.

I'm so massively deflated after that. I'm struggling to come to terms with what I've just witnessed and Martinez is seriously fucking me off.

It was always going to be a tough game as soon as I saw the starting line-up. I still can't get my head around it. Why change the central midfield partnership that was our big positive of our last game to bring Barry back in? If Barry had been in good form before his suspension then I could understand, but he'd looked shite. Then why play Barkley on the left? Why not just put him in the number 10? Stop this fucking stupidity - Moyes was slaughtered for it and Martinez should be too. Why squeeze Lukaku, Barkley, Naismith and Eto'o into the same starting 11 when it has looked completely wrong whenever we've done it? It unbalances us hugely because it tends to mean we have fuck all width and the centre of the pitch gets clogged up. Then we make no changes, at all, when at least one should've been made at half-time! For a man who constantly goes on about managing players by using subs and rotation, I find it mind-blowing. Martinez is pissing me off just as much as Moyes did in his final few years - playing players who are undeserving of a place, playing players out of position to accommodate other players, being a stubborn shit. If he refuses to admit that we have problems then we are going to be in trouble this season, because nothing will change and we'll keep failing to win games.

Then there's the players... I haven't gone back to see if Howard could've done any better for the goals because I just haven't got the will to punish myself that way. Jags made a few crucial tackles but him and Distin looked shaky as fuck. Distin in particular looked like he was impersonating Titus fucking Bramble. Both full-backs were fucking useless; both in attack and defence. It's not just today, it's been most of the season. Drop the pair of them to give them a kick up the arse - I don't even like Hibbert playing but even he'd be an upgrade on Coleman right now, and get Garbutt in for Baines. Barkley at least tried to make things happen. He failed like, but he at least tried. Naismith was invisible for a change. Barry was fucking stoned or something because he was like a sloth. Eto'o was as he usually is when he starts a game; absolutely nowhere. Lukaku started the game well, then was a shithouse for the own goal and disappeared up his own rectum after that.

Besic; the one bright spot I can find in that clusterfuck of a performance. He passed the ball well, he pressed the ball well, he covered for the mindless dickheads that call themselves defenders.

It's fucking embarrasing Ten, seeiously. What a thing to come out with. I get he likes to stay positive and I get he doesn't like critisising in public but saying things like that just make him and us look stupid.

We were soundly beaten today against a team low on confidence, that lost to a league one side in the cup, played midweek and had arguably their most influential players missing today. Fucking disgraceful.

If it was a one off I could forgive it but we've been shit all season.

QPR we were lucky as we were against West Ham if this carries on and I can't see it changing it'll be a bottom half finish.

I just don't understand this playing players out of position just to put the in the team. It's glaringly obvious we have 3 natural no10s playing in a front 3 where 2 blatantly don't fit into the system we have players with loads of attacking flair yet we create nothing because he insists on asking players like Jagielka, Distin etc to play like Barcelonas Centre Halfs and stubbornly refuses to change his tacticts or benchhis blueeyes. He wont make a sub and when we are desperate for a goal or goals he has us playing keep ball at the back like we are 4-0 up.

It's ruining us. I said we were sussed out by opposing teams right at the beginning of the season and I stand by it still now. We're predictable, slow and lethargic.

Who are you referring to? If you mean Barkley thenif he ccan't play a few feet forward or a few feet wither side then he doesn't deserve his plaudits. It's not as if he's playing him up front or defence.

Who are you referring to? If you mean Barkley thenif he ccan't play a few feet forward or a few feet wither side then he doesn't deserve his plaudits. It's not as if he's playing him up front or defence.

I'm not blaming any of the players. Naismith, Eto'o and Barklwy are all number 10s they ate all fine there, any of the 3 as soon as they are pushed left or right are totally ineffective. He continues to try and force all 3 in the side which is why we are shite going forward.

In short they all don't fit in the same team . He needs to drop them or change the formation. Maybe like QPR where Barkley was with Besic, Naismith in 10 role Eto'o on the bench.

Edited by Paddock

Martinez: "“I never felt we were outplayed or tactically inferior."

This is the kind of shit that infuriates me. I understand he likes being positive and everything but come the fuck on. We lost to a team that had lost 6 GAMES IN A ROW and had many players out... what would he call it. That we were unlucky?

Martinez is taking rubbish we were outplayed by a Southampton team missing key players we have been find out big time this season we are way to slow in building attacks and not making subs until late on is unforgivable we had 3 players trying to play the number 10 role tactics were awful just come out and say we were crap Bobby fans will respect you more

Edited by toddytoffee

Say what you want no way did I think Lukaku was worth £27 million at the time and I don't now.

Not his fault we paid that much for him but we shouldn't have been blinded by the resell value/age argument. If he doesn't develop we won't be getting much of a profit on him.

I'll be honest. If he had anichebe or kone on the back of his shirt there would be uproar.

Roberto Martinez “We started with the right mentality in the second half and we had Southampton where we wanted them"

Damn we had them guys, with all that possession... I'm sorry that I'm venting (I'm usually not this way I like to think) but this is just ridiculous

I'm like you in that I try to give the manager the benefit of the doubt, but there are no excuses for today. The players should be ashamed, and I still can't wrap my head around the whole subs(or lack thereof) thing.

How can we expect to keep players like Mirallas or Barkley when we can't do anything?

Edited by TonkaRoost

Still feeling gutted. Which is unusual for me. Usually shake it off.

I just can't get me head around what's happening. This isn't just 'today', this is me thinking of a good amount of performances this season.

But the Besic, Barry, Eto'o, Naismith, Barkley, no subs thing has blown me.

I'm stumped.