IGNORED

Young Boys Europa (A)

markjazzbassist

Because people know it'll be Howard that plays, so what's the point in putting a line-up with Robles as the goalie when they know it'll be Howard?

what a defeatist attitude at least let people know who you would like in the team regardless of who RM picks

otherwise you are only trying to predict what he chooses not what you want.

what a defeatist attitude at least let people know who you would like in the team regardless of who RM picks

otherwise you are only trying to predict what he chooses not what you want.

Probably got something to do with the fact he's one of our most experienced players, especially when it comes to European football.

I wanted Robles to keep his place but he hasn't, and Howard had an impressive game at Chelsea. But I don't want to chop and change the back 4 more than necessary.

Whichever way you look at it Robles has elevated his standing in the team, if Tim has a poor game he knows quite well that Martinez can now rely on Robles - before his injury Tims place was assured, he knows he has a young buck chomping at his heels. He has come back for one game and was excellent.

We have competition for the number 1 spot - we never had that before.

It makes more sense that if we have need of a goal we could call on an experienced striker and not Courtney Duffus :dont know: .

i agree, but with Robertos subs, neither Kone or Duffus would get on. Either Lukaku plays 90 mins regardless of his form or he goes off with 5-10mins left and Naismith gets push up top.

If De Gea leaves for Madrid then I would fully expect Lloris to be heading to Man U.

Lloris is a pipe dream, and somewhat overrated in my eyes. Better than Howard and Robles probably, but not 20m better. And that's the whole point; unless we spend mega money were not going to improve on either of them

Lloris is a pipe dream, and somewhat overrated in my eyes. Better than Howard and Robles probably, but not 20m better. And that's the whole point; unless we spend mega money were not going to improve on either of them

Serious question: Who's the best keeper in the EPL?

In many of the Tottenham matches I've watched, Lloris has been brilliant -- but who's the best, would you say?

In many of the Tottenham matches I've watched, Lloris has been brilliant -- but who's the best, would you say?

De Gea. Lloris isn't even close. I think Lloris is massively over rated myself. He's great at running off his line and sweeping but other than that he's nothing special at all.

Courtois for my money. He's 22 and hasn't even peaked yet, and Chelsea is by far the best EPL team at the moment, as much as it fucking pains me to say that. He is one of the reasons they are at the top IMO.