IGNORED

Leicester

duncanmckenzieismagic

I feel relieved that we got a draw. And that really really pisses me off. Relieved to get a draw? At home? Against the bottom team? That's just wrong.

Why why why can we not play with the same intensity and pace that we do when we are down straight from the off?

I like to think that I have been as positive as I can be about our season. But fuck me, I can see many of my comments being put in 'The Vault' at this rate.

It's just ridiculous. This sort of inconsistency has ruined our season. I dunno...i know what I want to say but can't find the words.

Just pissed off.

Howard has to be dropped.

There are just no words for Lukaku... normally, he makes up for his heavy touch by finishing opportunities like the ones he had to day, but he can't be defended when he misses.

I honestly don't think that aspect of his game was that bad, but, like you said the usual finishing wasn't there. That atmosphere sounds horrible to play in. It's cyclical though and no one's really at fault, but there needs to be some leadership out there to provide a catalyst. One thing that is obviously making the whole team nervous is Howard's form. He was directly responsible for both goals. He'd hardly been tested all match and then two subs come on and he flaps at crosses. Joel needs to come in.

When Howard dives sideways why does he always push the ball back into play instead of out for a corner? Lukaku should have had another hat-trick. It still takes us too long to get the ball forward. All this sideways passing just allows the opposition time to park the bus.

It's really frustrating to watch us control a game, create a ton of chances, and fail to convert them. It's even more frustrating to have to claw for a draw because we fell asleep defensively a couple of times and our keeper was uselessly flapping around like a dodo bird.

There were bright spots today from certain players, and it was nice to see the positivity in our play carried over from Thursday. But, we were unlucky, with wasted chances from Lukaku and Barkley and with defensive laziness and a keeper who may have dropped acid before the 2nd half.

I actually think second half we looked as much of a threat as we have been all season. Gibson's forward passing was one factor and I actually think that Atsu's movement helped us. We lost today because of Howard. Such a frustrating season this has been.

Did you turn it off early Geth?

Upset. Howard lost it, lukaku missed a few open goals. We usually play terribly around the box agaisnt teams that park the bus. Today we actually created chances, linked up and moved the ball. Just no one could put them in the net. We need finishers.

Should have left Barkley on, he was moving the ball well and playing well. Should have took off McCarthy and had one defensive mid in Gibson. We need to be less conservative. McCarthy doesn't offer anything In attack. When were down we need to go for the jugular. Also mirallas should have come on way Sooner.

Liked atsu and Lennon. Would love to see more of each.

We need a consistently good goalkeeper. Howard's ship has well sailed.

If Barkley is worth £50m I am worth £100m.

Atsu is not a footballer.

When we get a corner we should just kick it out for a throw in to them and move on to the next incredible moment

Trouble is there are no easy games in the prem, didn't Burnley get a point at Chelsea last week, and Liecester got a 2-2 at the rs a couple of weeks back.

But, certainly first half we showed nothing, second half was better but we still look lost at times.Lukaku could have won it for us, but so too could better defending.

Liecester are fighting for their lives, we on the other hand are probably going to settle for mid table and save it for Europe, bit risky because that means the Liecesters of this world can do us on the day and we suddenly find ourselves doing a Wigan and winning a cup but going down.

Grasping for positives: The second half attack was good and would have been excellent if Lukaku puts away a couple easy ones. Gibson looked totally in command in the midfield.

I don't put this one on RM. His players were in position to make the plays they are paid to make and they didn't make them.

Agree with the bold. RM can't score goals for Lukaku or make saves for Howard.

However, he definitely needs to get some competition for Lukaku in the summer and drop Howard for Joel ASAP.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Upset. Howard lost it, lukaku missed a few open goals. We usually play terribly around the box agaisnt teams that park the bus. Today we actually created chances, linked up and moved the ball. Just no one could put them in the net. We need finishers.

Should have left Barkley on, he was moving the ball well and playing well. Should have took off McCarthy and had one defensive mid in Gibson. We need to be less conservative. McCarthy doesn't offer anything In attack. When were down we need to go for the jugular. Also mirallas should have come on way Sooner.

Liked atsu and Lennon. Would love to see more of each.

I don't know, man. Barkley had been a bit loose with his touches. But, he was working hard. McCarthy had actually been really good in attack today, but I'll agree that his offensive upside isn't quite as high. Though he does offer more as a player. Lennon played well and did a lot of hard work, but his final ball was absolute crap every time. It's a bummer, as he was beating his man constantly, only to float a cross or hit it low into an area where we had nobody waiting. Atsu looks full of confidence after AFCON, and I'm thinking he will win us some points before the season is out.

BBC report...

"Jamie Vardy got down the right to play in a low cross, and Nugent turned in the loose ball as Howard and Stones got into a mix-up at the near post."

Think that should read...

"Jamie Vardy got down the right to play in a low cross, and Nugent turned in the loose ball as Howard fucked-up at the near post."

How was Stones culpable?

Must stop playing the ball across the field 2 or 3 times at a time, and then pass back to the goalie, Big nod for Gibson who got them playing forward.

Right decision to take Barkley off, every time he got the ball it kept bouncing away from him, terrible control.

And what a stroke of genius by the Manager to bring on Mirallas to play the last six minutes. :doh:

We were shit today and lucky to get a point, Leicester attacked a lot quicker than we did and deserved their goals.

Edited by Bill

Watched the match with a friend a today.

Chances on stats looked even, but ours were clear ones.

We should have scored four.

We made mistakes for them to score.

We also had many chances onside their box that didn't go down as a stat.

Sorry to say but Howard lost the game for us.

Lukaku should have won the game even with the mistakes. Some of this misses were embarrassing. He missed the same chances that he missed against Chelsea and young boys....tap ins.

Come on Rom, time you realised you are not who you think you are. Not yet.

Naismith best on the pitch for us today.scored a goal the showed his quality's at the other end.

We just seem to he a weak team. We have the technical ability but not the mental ability. Besic is too gos foe this team, he is a winner surrounding dedicated by prima donas.

Manager has sone tough desicions to make. what to do with Mirallas? Sell him while he is worth something? I get the feeling he just isn't worth his ability.

Would Lukaku be a better player without him here? Can't blame lukaku today because he did try. He had plenty of attempts at goal, he just wasn't good enough to put them away. The effort was there though.