IGNORED

Leicester

duncanmckenzieismagic

This game presents a real chance for us to get a bit of momentum going and put a bit of day light between ourselves and the teams below us, whilst also closing the gap on the teams above us ( Newcastle and Swansea play the 2 Manc teams )anything short of 3 points would be a real disaster

We have played reasonably well against the bigger teams but this is the type of game we have struggled in all season so it will be interesting to see if Roberto has learned anything. We need to play with 2 wingers and go for the jugular not play pedestrian football with Naismith and Barkley out of position. They will sit back and make it difficult for us to break them down so do we really need 2 defensive midfielders?

Guest rusty747

We never seem to do well after a mid week Europa game. Hoping for a good win but wouldn't be surprised with a 0-0 draw. If Ossie is back and can provide a bit of sparkle with those twinkle toes I would be more confident, but I think it's too soon for him.

My yearly trip to Goodison ...

This time with a whole footballteam.

Gwladys Stand and Royal Oak .

I have a confession to make.

Because the game is removed to sunday , we also watch the City game at the Etihad.

Never been there before.

Told the boys about the difference between the two grounds and its atmosphere.

It's the 3 th year in a row that i visit an Everton game.

Never dissapointed.

My yearly trip to Goodison ...

This time with a whole footballteam.

Gwladys Stand and Royal Oak .

I have a confession to make.

Because the game is removed to sunday , we also watch the City game at the Etihad.

Never been there before.

Told the boys about the difference between the two grounds and its atmosphere.

I like old grounds.

It's the 3 th year in a row that i visit an Everton game.

Never dissapointed.

Easiest starting line up ive had to go for all season with Bobby's rent boy suspended.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Oviedo/Baines

Lennon Besic Mcarthy Mirallas

Barkley

Lukaku

Imo that line up could/should beat most teams.

Yeah, really glad BlueBerry isn't playing, but in all fairness he didn't suck today and had a few nice assists and......(drumroll).......No cards!!!! Its a fucking miracle.

Id love to see only one defensive midfielder and maybe play both Barkley and Naismith further up the pitch in a 4-1-4-1, but it seems like Martinez refuses to go away from a 4-2-3-1 as much as he refuses to bench Barry.

I can see this being a very frustrating game, but things seem to happen all at once in sport so I think we will have picked up momentum from the Europa win and see some form.

You drop Lukaku after a hat-trick :huh:?

He just played 2 days ago, he can rest. When we had moyes everyone complained we played the same 11 for every league cup and Europe match. No creativity and rotation. We finally have a deep squad and everyone wants to play the same 11 every match. Drives me mad.

Lukaku could come on as a sub. But he plays well in space and this won't be that. Kone is better at holding up and link up play. Play to our strengths no matter what. Otherwise why buy all the extra players?

Im with MikeO on this, it would be madness to leave Lukaku out after him getting a hatrick in midweek

This is a huge game for us so we need to be putting out our strongest XI and that does not include Kone whichever way you look at it

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roberto-martinez-everton-must-show-8690072

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I'm hoping for ......

Howard

Coleman .... Stones .... Jagielka .... Baines

McCarthy ........ Besic

Lennon .............. Barkley .............. Mirallas

Lukaku

Subs: Garbutt for Mirallas (60), Atsu for Lennon (65), Kone for Lukaku (80)

[start Gibson, Atsu, Alcaraz, Naismith, Garbutt, possibly Kone v. YB]