IGNORED

Best & most enjoyable goal you have witnessed

Hafnia

Best:- Tie between Osman 07-08 vs AS Larissa and Trevor Steven 1985 versus Sunderland (Bracewells pass was unreal)

Most Memorable:- Derek Mountfield last minute equaliser versus Ipswich FA Cup quarter final (1 day after 9th Birthday and my nerves were shot and I felt like crying - such a relief when he equalised)

there have been so many but probably Andy kings winner at goodison against them tremendous strike, and then hilariously he was pushed of the pitch mid interview by a copper

obviously a reds supporter. second would be the latches late equaliser at Hillsborough in the league cup final replay against villa.

Best: Sharpy's volley, followed by the guy in the glasses doing his flying impression!!

Most memorable: Andy Gray's first diving header against Sunderland 85. Bracewell overhead pass to Reidy down the wing, great cross great diving header my favourite Everton goal.

Edited by Sherpa

Best....

There was a Trevor Steven one at Southampton in a 3-2 win in 1985 which won it for us, similar finish to the one v Sunderland Haf mentioned after a brilliant move but no TV cameras there I don't think.

Or McFadden's injury time winner v Charlton in 2007.

Memorable; the two goals in the '84 Cup Final. Was amazed that Andy Gray's was allowed though, still am.

1948/49 I was twelve. In the boys' pen at Goodison, over 78,000 in the ground (ground record) against Liverpool. Liverpool leading 1 - 0. Everton get a penalty, Jock Dodds steps up to take it. 39,000 hoping he scores, 39,000 hoping he misses. He scores!

I know it was only a penalty but the pressure must have been unbelievable. The pressure watching was unbelievable. The match ended 1 - 1 and I went home happy.

You didn't specify Everton, even though this is in the General Everton Discussion, so I'm going to be honest.

For years, I coached my children's football teams (only the youngest of the six had someone else as coach). The star player in our family is my oldest son, and he went on to captain his college team. When his team were playing in the U-14 league, we decided to spend the off-season playing in an indoor league. We'd never played indoor before, so we watched a couple of games and paid for one practice session, then off we went. Each game was two 15-minute halves. In our first match, we were well and truly slaughtered and lost about 15-0. The next game we also lost. As the games continued, we began to improve and won just enough games to play in the finals.

Those finals were played all in one day. The top two teams in the league didn't have to play until the semis, but the rest of us just kept playing in a knockout tournament throughout the day. We won our first match, then we won our second match. To reach the semis, we then had to play the team we had lost to in our second game. At the end of the two halves, the score was 2-2, and it went into penalties. My son was our main striker, not really a goalie, but we practiced taking penalties in the back yard and I knew he was good at saving them. So, I made the controversial decision to put my own son in goal, over and above our usual goalie. As a parent who's a coach, that's breaking with protocol, but the other parents didn't mind at all.

What I soon realized was that it's not so easy to score a penalty in an indoor setup. And if your penalty is saved, you still have a couple of seconds to try and score if the ball is loose. After four penalties, it was 1-1, and the final two players to take their penalties were the two team goalies. My son went first and scored. The roar that went up from the watching parents was "phenomenal" (to quote someone we all know!). It was as if we'd won already, but the other team still had to take theirs. The goalie stepped up. My son saved it, but the ball bounced back out, so he shot unsuccessfully again and again until the whistle went. Then a second roar went up, and I've never seen parents go so crazy in my life. All the boys on the team were mobbed, and the opposing coach was the perfect gentleman - congratulating all of us. We had less than an hour to play in the semis - against the team to which we'd lost 15-0. We took the lead, but by this team the boys were exhausted. We ended up losing 2-1, but we still felt like winners. The coach of the winning team, which eventually won the tournament, called all our boys over to tell them how much they'd improved. He had watched the penalty shoot-out, and he had yelled too when my son scored, such was the tension.

So, that was the most enjoyable goal I've ever witnessed: the fifth penalty in a shoot-out, for a U-14 team playing indoors about 17 years ago!

You didn't specify Everton, even though this is in the General Everton Discussion, so I'm going to be honest.

For years, I coached my children's football teams (only the youngest of the six had someone else as coach). The star player in our family is my oldest son, and he went on to captain his college team. When his team were playing in the U-14 league, we decided to spend the off-season playing in an indoor league. We'd never played indoor before, so we watched a couple of games and paid for one practice session, then off we went. Each game was two 15-minute halves. In our first match, we were well and truly slaughtered and lost about 15-0. The next game we also lost. As the games continued, we began to improve and won just enough games to play in the finals.

Those finals were played all in one day. The top two teams in the league didn't have to play until the semis, but the rest of us just kept playing in a knockout tournament throughout the day. We won our first match, then we won our second match. To reach the semis, we then had to play the team we had lost to in our second game. At the end of the two halves, the score was 2-2, and it went into penalties. My son was our main striker, not really a goalie, but we practiced taking penalties in the back yard and I knew he was good at saving them. So, I made the controversial decision to put my own son in goal, over and above our usual goalie. As a parent who's a coach, that's breaking with protocol, but the other parents didn't mind at all.

What I soon realized was that it's not so easy to score a penalty in an indoor setup. And if your penalty is saved, you still have a couple of seconds to try and score if the ball is loose. After four penalties, it was 1-1, and the final two players to take their penalties were the two team goalies. My son went first and scored. The roar that went up from the watching parents was "phenomenal" (to quote someone we all know!). It was as if we'd won already, but the other team still had to take theirs. The goalie stepped up. My son saved it, but the ball bounced back out, so he shot unsuccessfully again and again until the whistle went. Then a second roar went up, and I've never seen parents go so crazy in my life. All the boys on the team were mobbed, and the opposing coach was the perfect gentleman - congratulating all of us. We had less than an hour to play in the semis - against the team to which we'd lost 15-0. We took the lead, but by this team the boys were exhausted. We ended up losing 2-1, but we still felt like winners. The coach of the winning team, which eventually won the tournament, called all our boys over to tell them how much they'd improved. He had watched the penalty shoot-out, and he had yelled too when my son scored, such was the tension.

So, that was the most enjoyable goal I've ever witnessed: the fifth penalty in a shoot-out, for a U-14 team playing indoors about 17 years ago!

Personally I thought the fourth penalty was better :P

Gosling hands down. Never witnessed Goodison rocking so much after that goal - what a night

The TV advert was exciting too :unsure:.

Surreal moment watching that, game disappears and the first thing I saw was the celebration. Two deflections, crap player scoring, VDM assist, about the most unlikely goal ever. But I wish I'd been there.

The TV advert was exciting too :unsure:.

Surreal moment watching that, game disappears and the first thing I saw was the celebration. Two deflections, crap player scoring, VDM assist, about the most unlikely goal ever. But I wish I'd been there.

It was one of the most painful goals... I was flung at least 6 seats from mine with all kinds of DNA all over me from sweaty boozed up blues - loved it! I remember Arteta's vs Fiorentina got a similar reaction.

Best:- Tie between Osman 07-08 vs AS Larissa

Most Memorable:- Derek Mountfield last minute equaliser versus Ipswich FA Cup quarter final (1 day after 9th Birthday and my nerves were shot and I felt like crying - such a relief when he equalised)

Always been my favourite.

Most memorable is probably Barry Hornes volley.

Tim Cahill, the second goal against Newcastle in the last home game the season we finished fourth.

Jags pen in the semi against United.

Yakubu away at West Ham in the league cup, some old guy picked me up and punched me in the chest, no idea why!

Osman, Larissa (sorry Mark).