IGNORED

Excitement for 2015/16 Season

I get it. I just don't see what can be done. No matter how many marches or petitions that get signed, BK will still be at the helm with his merry men and any force will lead to them taking an even more defensive approach.

Just don't think it'll change. They'll still be on board if/when we ever get relegated.

I get it. I just don't see what can be done. No matter how many marches or petitions that get signed, BK will still be at the helm with his merry men and any force will lead to them taking an even more defensive approach.

Just don't think it'll change. They'll still be on board if/when we ever get relegated.

we need someone to be a strong whistle blower - the biggest indications for me were Trevor Birch and Whyness getting out asap.

Birch was resposnible for getting abromovich into Chelsea - when he did that they wiped their debts and they offered him a different role and he rejected it which I admire - they went and got "kenyon".

As for Wyness I have seen him on a few occassions but was sober enough not to be tempted to enquire further....

The one thing I must add is that think back to when big dunc was sold - it pretty much much got Peter Johnson out from the club. He sold Ferguson to balance the books. Behind the managers back or whatever - he sold dunc for financial reasons.

Blue Bill has been doing this in a different manner for the past 10-15 years and been getting credit for it... Amazing isn't it. Carefully structured transfer dealings - golden handshakes, NDA's etc etc. Part and parcel of the way we are run.

Although people aren't excited about the coming season.....there is a lot of activity on this site.

Whether people are optimistic or pessimistic, they are still having their say on every subject.

I can't help it, my phone battery gets raped every day because of this forum.

I am just bouncing inside in anticipation of Saturday.....life is just bit the sake without football.

Or rather...life is not the same without Everton COYBs!

Positivity comes from positive actions. There has been very few so far. Deulofeu is a massive deal and I wouldn't have blinked an eyelid if we'd splashed £15m on him this summer, however the small fee has taken the shine off that deal tbh. I also don't think it has rectified the holes that need filling in the first team.

We're about £25m short of positivity atm.

Positivity comes from positive actions. There has been very few so far. Deulofeu is a massive deal and I wouldn't have blinked an eyelid if we'd splashed £15m on him this summer, however the small fee has taken the shine off that deal tbh. I also don't think it has rectified the holes that need filling in the first team.

We're about £25m short of positivity atm.

totally agree

You'd be happier if we had the same player line-up but were £11m poorer?

Makes sense.

You'd be happier if we had the same player line-up but were £11m poorer?

Makes sense.

The small fee has taken the shine off the deal, I'm sure many would agree. If the club had spent £15m on the lad there would be less questions being asked financially.

Making a marquee signing paying a big transfer fee gives a feeling of intent. I don't expect you to understand that though.

Edited by MC11

your post made no sense at all. MC stated he wouldnt have batted an eyelid about paying £15 mill for Gerry in this financial climate.

I thought it was perfectly clear.

He said he'd have been happier if we'd spent £15m on a guy we got for £4m (because it would've shown intent presumably).

Let's spunk an extra £11m because it makes us look good and makes the fans feel better; we have so much money to waste, Insane. Can see the negotiations, "No please let us give you more because it'll make us look good to the fans!"

I don't expect MC to understand that though and as he never reads my posts I'm not entirely sure how he responded to it. Psychic powers maybe.

I thought it was perfectly clear.

He said he'd have been happier if we'd spent £15m on a guy we got for £4m (because it would've shown intent presumably).

Let's spunk an extra £11m because it makes us look good and makes the fans feel better; we have so much money to waste, Insane. Can see the negotiations, "No please let us give you more because it'll make us look good to the fans!"

I don't expect MC to understand that though and as he never reads my posts I'm not entirely sure how he responded to it. Psychic powers maybe.

I only respond to them when you're being a thundercunt.

Why on earth would I be happier if we were less off financially? The purpose of my original post was to point out that the Deulofeu deal, whilst being a good one, is by no means a show of "feel good" intent by the club....it was a low transfer fee. If he'd had been signed for more fans wouldn't be moaning - that's just pretty much fact. The lack of financial input again breaths negativity rather than positivity.

Edited by MC11

For a few weeks you were fine. Not being nasty for no reason at all.

Now we're back to thundercunting again aren't we?

If we actually applied the rules that we have here you would have long been booted for abuse. Maybe we should enforce the rules properly or you learn to just be part of the conversation without being insulting or abusive with anyone that has a different opinion to you?

Everyone else manages just fine.

I can actually see Mcs point. Sometimes people look at how much we have spent as a sign of intent and not the actual worth of the player.

There have been a myriad of posts that stats with....we have only spent blah blah blah.

I think MC is just pointing out that if we had spent 15m on him people would be looking at it a bit differently.

I can actually see Mcs point. Sometimes people look at how much we have spent as a sign of intent and not the actual worth of the player.

There have been a myriad of posts that stats with....we have only spent blah blah blah.

I think MC is just pointing out that if we had spent 15m on him people would be looking at it a bit differently.

Yeah mc is spot on. The Lukaku signing showed some intent and gusto. This summer shows how skint we are and how the TV money is disappearing with the arteta money.