IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Jagielka gets the chance to finish off here for me, similar to Osman and Hibbert, hes a great pro, made it back from a usually career ending injury, Captained a once notable international side, never pushed for a move or been a disruption (or even advised a youth player to move on) so for his experience and professionalism, he gets to bow out slowly and be a regular at the club should he want it, if that eventually means coach or ambassador then fine, hes been a great player, isn't finished, and is a great example that even having to move on doesn't mean moving backis impossible and can make a massive success atthe same time.

Too many fans happy to catapult players that have given us everything, when theres waste and wasters galore to focus ire upon.

It's a difficult balance because at the same time we can't really afford to keep players, no matter who they are.

The one thing I always admired about Ferguson was that he knew when a players time was up and when it was best to move them on and get new blood in and therefore do what was best for the club. Only a couple ever lingered on but they were the ones that optimised the club (Scholes/Giggs/Neville) and you can certainly argue that Jags has that same stature for us without being a local lad like Osman or Hibbert.

He certainly has it in him to play in the Premiership this season, but you can see that he is not the same player. He has done very well for us bit we have also done the same to him so whilst I would probably prefer him to decide to retire with us, I also wouldn't be too concerned if he was moved on.

People see is hoofing as giving the ball away! Sometimes it's best to just get the fuck rid. I do agree however that sometimes he just twats it anywhere so it makes him look shite. He's actually an extremely good player though.

Look at the results with Williams and Mori as partners. Much much better than either with Jagielka.

I don't. I want him to hoof it because when he tries to pass it out is when he fucks up.

It's a difficult balance because at the same time we can't really afford to keep players, no matter who they are.

The one thing I always admired about Ferguson was that he knew when a players time was up and when it was best to move them on and get new blood in and therefore do what was best for the club. Only a couple ever lingered on but they were the ones that optimised the club (Scholes/Giggs/Neville) and you can certainly argue that Jags has that same stature for us without being a local lad like Osman or Hibbert.

He certainly has it in him to play in the Premiership this season, but you can see that he is not the same player. He has done very well for us bit we have also done the same to him so whilst I would probably prefer him to decide to retire with us, I also wouldn't be too concerned if he was moved on.

He's had more game time this season for us than quite a handful of others (Gibson, Cleverly, Besic, McGeady, Kone amongst others) and so I'm all for jettisoning some genuine wasted talent / perma-crocked before we sling a player thats done us right and been very useful as the point of retirement gets that much closer.

We don't know if he's played through illness or injury, if full fitness has never quite been regained, theres lots of the support currently harping on about how much a positive it is to have Baines back to something like we remember, he's had over 12 months out and is still rebuilding actual match fitness.

The Ferguson things is subjective, (I firmly believe he knew about the Stam tests amongst a lot of other players problems) and being the boss of the richest club in the land meant he had a lot of financial margin to work in when like for like signings bombed. Personnel contribute to the fabric of a club, (theres an arguement LVG was ruined the moment he forced Phelan out) and having multiple international cap winners involved with the club shows at least for some that a move to a sky4 side isn't the pinnacle of the game. That we have so many defensive youth prospects on the periphery of the squad is another reason to keep our clubs captain with us to impart experience, practice with and learn the tricks and darker arts of top flight performing.

Jagielka and Lescott were a revelation for us, for a time the best CB pairing in the league that also chipped in goals (JL got 10 in a season on occasion) City lured our brummie left footer, but Arsenal could never quite get their hooks into the youth player we let go and welcomed back to captain us.

Viva Jags, the end aint nigh just yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has got to go in the off season. I think it's likely that Koeman will buy another centre back - he's going to buy new players and we certainly don't need DMs or full backs AND even if we play 3 at the back regularly, Holgate can slip in. It'll be the season leading into a world cup and Funes Mori will want to be the starting CB for Argentina at the tournament. It's the best option for all parties.

Has got to go in the off season. I think it's likely that Koeman will buy another centre back - he's going to buy new players and we certainly don't need DMs or full backs AND even if we play 3 at the back regularly, Holgate can slip in. It'll be the season leading into a world cup and Funes Mori will want to be the starting CB for Argentina at the tournament. It's the best option for all parties.

ZZZZZZZ what the he'll is an "of season"

Agree regarding Mori - he needs upgrading if we're going to progress. I would say Coleman and Baines need competition so think we need at least a left back in the summer as Connolly could step up as competition to Seamus.

I'd expect Jonjoe Kenny to step up next.

Mori makes plenty of mistakes. Too many. He's never going to be the best CB. He has me on edge when I watch him.

But he has a big heart and puts it all on the line. Sometimes a big heart can make up for a lack of talent. But it only takes you so far.

he looks like a Guardiola type, loves cryuff turns and running with the ball at his feet. City as a backup? I do agree that he's not starter worthy. I think the 3 at the back with Holgate helps to lessen Williams and Mori's responsibilities and that makes us look better at the back.

backline needs a massive overhaul (bench spots included).

It's no assassination of him, however, today he played like he had square boots on. The passes he was involved with were either to miss him out by our players or to expose him by theirs.

A supposed top signing by clownshoes. A disaster unless he's given the job to chop someone. Desperate for an upgrade.

I'd be going to Hull for Robertson.

I like him. Rodriguez from Wolfsburg would be the one to really improve us. They're in a relegation battle this season so we may have a chance too (although I think many top, top clubs will be in for him).

I like him. Rodriguez from Wolfsburg would be the one to really improve us. They're in a relegation battle this season so we may have a chance too (although I think many top, top clubs will be in for him).

I'd give my left nut for rodriguez. he's a worldie in the making. but will be too expensive, I expect a walsh African/French singing for 8m pounds.

I'd give my left nut for rodriguez. he's a worldie in the making. but will be too expensive, I expect a walsh African/French singing for 8m pounds.

Amavi at Villa looked class before his injury plus Villa asked for a silly amount when he was linked with a move to China.

Isn't he almost 30 now? Would prefer not to have to do it all again in a few years if he is!

Don't know who the fuck I was thinking of then :lol:.

Baines needs replacing, and to become the competition to the newbie.

Your spot on Rom he never takes his man on even when there's space to knock the ball into and skin him, he has become very negative compared to Coleman although he wasn't at is best today, even when Koeman reverted to three at the back Baines still didn't get far enough up the pitch to make an impact, I don't know if his age is getting to him or his long term injuries have taken there toll, but we definitely need a replacement.

Baines misses Pienaar, it's like Morecambe without Wise. We were spoiled with their interplay, now we have half the duo and expect the same. It's all very unfortunate, and the club should have moved heaven and earth to stop 'arry's meddling back in the day which began the death knell for a left flank that was second to none.

Sad.

Baines misses Pienaar, it's like Morecambe without Wise. We were spoiled with their interplay, now we have half the duo and expect the same. It's all very unfortunate, and the club should have moved heaven and earth to stop 'arry's meddling back in the day which began the death knell for a left flank that was second to none.

Sad.

Very little the club could do. Pienaar wanted out. Wouldn't sign a contract