IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Stones must really have regressed, Haf, because your change of opinion of him is startling!

He actually has regressed but not after leaving us.

I said back in the spurs game when a fair few were celebrating his cruyff turns that he had become far too big for his boots... that it would invite teams to attack him when he has the ball.

I've always said he's a very nice footballer but had a lot to learn defensively. Has he started learning? The other day he ran the ball from the touch line back to his 6 yard box and lost it... luckily for him the other team didn't score.

He gets found ball watching far too often.

He could turn out to be a very good centre half indeed. I just don't think he will.

The sol Campbell, Tony Adams, Ratcliffe, Watson, Terry's were not making the type of mistakes he is. I wished the lad well after his move as he kept his trap shut. His i now know "row z" interview pissed me off as it was an insult to the fans.

I just don't see why having a ball playing centre half who seems to have too many mistakes in him is worth it over a Williams, carragher, Watson type defender.

We only need to see how settled jags is now he's not baby sitting to see how much stones has to learn.

We don't need a ball playing centre back. Most teams don't need one. Man City are in a unique position in that they have such wealth and such a collection of talented players that they are always on the attack.

Their defenders are required to collect the occasional ball hoofed away into a corner and cycle it back into play. At this, Stones is clearly one of the best. But at Everton we need to have solidity. We have good attacking players that are on a par with a few other teams in the league. We need defenders who defend first and give us the assurance at the back to put pressure on the opposition.

This is it.... "if" he becomes as good at defending/decision making as ashley williams for example then sure - he will be worth the money and more.

I just don't think he has that about him. He's too obsessed with looking good.

Beautiful. Your loyalty to a player means you need to slate any such pretender to his throne that we didn't even sign. Kinda like east 17 fans slating take that.

Will prove to be a great signing. Not all players are cut out to be 20 minutes here and there as a replacement for the best striker in the league.

Had to do a search. Mark Hughes has blown those reports out the water... not the type of manager to cover for a lazy player now is he.... come on dunc... get some rest let it go. Talking about mori to stones....

Ha ha I knew you would take the bait, but fuck me the last sentence has to be the most hypocritical statement TT has ever seen!

How many threads have you taken off topic just to have a dig at Lukaku?

Ha ha I knew you would take the bait, but fuck me the last sentence has to be the most hypocritical statement TT has ever seen!

How many threads have you taken off topic just to have a dig at Lukaku?

About as many as you do trying to subtly get in your bait when you feel like a bit.

As pointed out by a couple of others Dunc, you make out that it's just little old me with the lukaku chatter... you are just as bad but fail to see it.

You see, whilst you supposedly respect other people's opinions you get irritated by those with opposite opinions to you. Whether it be something to do with criticising moyes, Kenwright, jags, lukaku, Stones.

Ah but it's ok just point the finger at the panto villain...

Think the overreaction to Mori is amusing myself...

I am in the right thread to discuss him, right?

Yep... was fine till Dunc thought he would throw Bony into the mix as subtle-not so subtle lukaku bait. Till that point we were talking about how mori is comparable to stones and how it may just be that stones may not be worth the money paid for him.

Yep... was fine till Dunc thought he would throw Bony into the mix as subtle-not so subtle lukaku bait. Till that point we were talking about how mori is comparable to stones and how it may just be that stones may not be worth the money paid for him.

Oh have a word with yourself Haf, you have polluted every thread with digs at Lukaku, yes I let myself get dragged in by responding

It was the same when you were on your mission against BK and Neville

I throw one topic off with a dig about Bony and you are getting on your high horse

I shouldn't have done it but couldn't resist it because you are constantly banging on about Lukakus supposed bad attitude and putting Bony up as a shining example of what we need to replace him .

There are no reports what so ever of him a teammates or managers questioning his attitude yet lots of speculation about Bony

Oh have a word with yourself Haf, you have polluted every thread with digs at Lukaku, yes I let myself get dragged in by responding

It was the same when you were on your mission against BK and Neville

I throw one topic off with a dig about Bony and you are getting on your high horse

I shouldn't have done it but couldn't resist it because you are constantly banging on about Lukakus supposed bad attitude and putting Bony up as a shining example of what we need to replace him .

There are no reports what so ever of him a teammates or managers questioning his attitude yet lots of speculation about Bony

Ha ha... one off? my arse. You are always up to it Dunc. Little pins pulled out of grenades all over the show.

If i can be arsed I'll do a little compilation.

• 2 weeks later...

should make a tidy profit on him. I believe he has struggled to settle as it is.

I don't think it's necessarily about him settling, I just think he's mistake prone and Koeman sees that. Not a bad defender by any stretch of the imagination and would suit regular football at a lower premier league team.

I don't think it's necessarily about him settling, I just think he's mistake prone and Koeman sees that. Not a bad defender by any stretch of the imagination and would suit regular football at a lower premier league team.

he's a perfect guardiola type. fancy footwork and great with the ball at his feet, decent passer. solid backup for a big club.

he's a perfect guardiola type. fancy footwork and great with the ball at his feet, decent passer. solid backup for a big club.

I dont know where this has come from. I see people mentioned it on here but I can't see it myself. He's not a footballing centre half, hes a centre half that wishes he could be a footballing centre half in my eyes.

I dont know where this has come from. I see people mentioned it on here but I can't see it myself. He's not a footballing centre half, hes a centre half that wishes he could be a footballing centre half in my eyes.

same as john stones. strolls about with the ball cryuff turns and all, but brain farts a plenty. the "beautiful" football crew love centre halfs like that.

There is no way Mori could be compared to Stones. No. Way.

Mori is awkward on the ball, he's not the most comfortable at bringing the ball out at all. If he was the comfortable with the ball at his feet he wouldn't play so many shit passes, slice the ball out and wouldn't look utterly shite as a LB.

last year he strode past the halfway line plenty of time, even ran up into the box a couple times from his forward runs. it is strange how people see the game so differently (not saying either of us is right or wrong just a mere observation).

last year he strode past the halfway line plenty of time, even ran up into the box a couple times from his forward runs. it is strange how people see the game so differently (not saying either of us is right or wrong just a mere observation).

I'm not saying he doesn't do it. I'm saying he's fucking terrible at it. I'd rather he just hoof it because he's more likely to get caught in possession.

big club backup? Then he's at the right place

He's a confidence player. He is best when his passion is allowed to flourish.

• 1 month later...

The goal was clearly Stekelenburg's fault (and Bolasie's for losing it - I think) but could Mori have got to it before it crossed the line? It looked like he stopped running and gave up on it. Only seen it from my seat so not had the benefit of replays.

It did kind of happen in slow motion, he'd probably have hooked it out if he'd sprinted, but I can understand his hesitation. Normally in that sort of weird situation it goes in or it stays out, very rare that it takes so long to make its mind up (the ball) so it was a bit of a "rabbit in the headlights" moment when you're not entirely sure what to do instinctively. He could have saved it but he shouldn't have been put in the position he was by Stek's moment of madness.

It did kind of happen in slow motion, he'd probably have hooked it out if he'd sprinted, but I can understand his hesitation. Normally in that sort of weird situation it goes in or it stays out, very rare that it takes so long to make its mind up (the ball) so it was a bit of a "rabbit in the headlights" moment when you're not entirely sure what to do instinctively. He could have saved it but he shouldn't have been put in the position he was by Stek's moment of madness.

Exactly. It's easy to watch sometimes.

But in a real situation it's a different scenario.