IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Is that a trick question? I'd like to see us linked with better players. That's all. Nothing stands out as a WOW

Mate, we've finally got rid of soft arse, we're about to announcevplans for a new stadium we have the biggest tranfer budget we've ever had, Tim Howards gone and we've finally got rid od 100k worth of deadwood wages.

Now THAT is exciting.

• 2 months later...

Didn't play well yesterday. Wonder if he 'suits' Koeman's style. Interesting to see how much game time he gets over the next few months.

Yeah seeing how he didn't even play at CB and holgate gets time there he could be sold in the summer I think. Maybe that's why we were still interested in Kone (who I wouldn't want now).

Guest rusty747

If last night tells us anything, it should be that when everyone is fit and on form and available then our first eleven are strong and we need not fear anyone. But last night exposed our lack of strength in depth in certain areas.

We need to buy big in January and try to offload a few of the current squad fillers.

Edited by rusty747

Mori is a centre back. He was played at left back at Reading and West Brom last season and he was particularly shit there. Guess why? Because he's not a left back.

He's going to find it tough to get in the team under Koeman but right now I think it's the right decision.

I think we will sell Funes Mori in January. And I think we'd get an inflated transfer fee for him too, I'd imagine somewhere between £15-£22 million because it's a winter transfer window. The game against Norwich showed us that Holgate is comfortable deputising at CB and that Funes Mori can't play anywhere except CB.

He gets too far up the pitch for my liking and last season he was very wasteful. Sure he bagged a few valuable goals for us, but he's a centre back, it's not his job to score goals - he took more than twice as many shots as Williams or Jagielka did (per 90 minutes of football) with 67.5% of them off target and made less than half their amount of blocks. We could bring in a Williams/Jagielka-style defender for less than a third of the price we could sell him for, a la Curtis Davies or Steve Cook

Besides, Funes Mori has his spot in the Argentina staring XI to lose if he isn't playing games at Everton - guys like Deulofeu, Lennon and Oviedo can be a bit more patient and bide their time on the bench because they have nothing to lose at international level - Deulofeu and Lennon because they're nowhere near the national setup, and Oviedo because he's the first picked in that Costa Rican squad regardless if he is playing at club level or not.

I think he only played him there just to get him on the pitch. Didn't work out, hopefully don't try it again.

No point selling Mori though, the big issue is that the squad is short on quality. We need to sell the lesser players and keep the better ones. I'm no big fan of Mori anyway, but he's good enough to be in the squad. We have much worse players who need to be moved on that him.

If last night tells us anything, it should be that when everyone is fit and on form and available then our first eleven are strong and we need not fear anyone. But last night exposed our lack of strength in depth in certain areas.

We need to buy big in January and try to offload a few of the current squad fillers.

Trouble is we had problems attracting players to play in our starting lineup this summer. Players aren't going to be happy just sitting on the sidelines and getting the odd game in a relatively minor cup. We are in a strange position of being able to afford players but not being able to offer a higher standard of football in Europe.

Anyone watch stones last night? Shite. His mistakes will go under the carpet now. Mori is the better option.

IMO he is nowhere near as good as Stones , but then I rate Stones very highly

He is however more than good enough to be back up to Jags and Williams. I think we are lucky to have a 3rd choice CB of his quality

IMO he is nowhere near as good as Stones , but then I rate Stones very highly

He is however more than good enough to be back up to Jags and Williams. I think we are lucky to have a 3rd choice CB of his quality

Stones looks a rolls Royce when things turn out for him. Far too much of a space cadet to be a great defender, has a bit of the Yobo's about him.... sounds crazy to say but yeah he does.