IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Stones has the potential to be the most over hyped centre half in the world. He makes stupid uneccasary mistakes. £50m?... never worth that. He's not actually very good at defending.

It's great bringing the ball out when you don't give it away... but he doesnt always manage that.

Edited by Hafnia

Don't buy that personally, most blues I know understand what I great player Stones can be. He's doing well at City and will grow playing at that level.

On the plus side, Williams suits what we are trying to do and has been great so far. Williams will contribute more to us on the field than Stones did, only due to the need for his many strengths.

Not many blues want to admit it though mate.

Not want to admit it.... Why?

I thought Rooney would be the best player in the world... did moving to the mancs change that? No. I truly thought he was and probably still to this day is the best 17 year old footballer I've seen. Sadly he probably peaked within the next 2 years.... I still think we seen almost the best of him.

Stones is a product of media fascination with defenders supposedly being able to look like elegant ball playing/carrying Beckenbauer's. It's about as much use as Tits on a bull if that said player can't pick up his man, win his headers or makes monumental fuck ups that cost the team.

At his best he looks a great player, at his average or worst he's a liability...thd likes of moore, Beckenbauer, baresi never looked average or a liability.... the glossy stuff was the icing on the cake - first and foremost they knew how to stop the other team scoring.

He's crap now that he's left. It's a weird coping mechanism for our fans. It's the same every time someone's linked away or talks about leaving.

you're new here but if you read back in the stones thread you'll see many here still thought he was overrated when playing for us. its' not like we all were thinking he's a worldie and then he leaves and he's shit. most of the posters here have a good barometer for player valuation and talent.

you're new here but if you read back in the stones thread you'll see many here still thought he was overrated when playing for us. its' not like we all were thinking he's a worldie and then he leaves and he's shit. most of the posters here have a good barometer for player valuation and talent.

He'd put in a transfer request. He went crap the instant he put that in.

He'd put in a transfer request. He went crap the instant he put that in.

nah people were on to him well before that. they would say things like "he's quality and has all the tools to be a top top defender, he just needs to be more consistent and stop the brain farts that cause goals"

which is exactly where he stands today. if he can cut out the brain farts he will be a top player. if not? still be a top defender but not the "best defender in the world" mantle some have said he could be.

make the fans at the match are fickle, and sure some here are, but for the most part people are level headed and objective.

He'd put in a transfer requstedest. He went crap the instant he put that in.

No he didn't... he had an exceptional game against chelsea just after, a couple more after that... then the cockiness manifested itself in quite a dramatic fashion. Opposition knew he was a risk taker and he was targeted - his composure suddenly became a bit jittery. His confidence was shot and he did the have a core defensive game to fall back on.

He still doesn't.

Funny. Fans slate barkley because he's not a good defending midfielder despite being a good attacking midfielder yet excuse stones for being a defensive air head because he looks classy bringing it out... you kinda can't be a shitty defender when you are in the last line.

No he didn't... he had an exceptional game against chelsea just after, a couple more after that... then the cockiness manifested itself in quite a dramatic fashion. Opposition knew he was a risk taker and he was targeted - his composure suddenly became a bit jittery. His confidence was shot and he did the have a core defensive game to fall back on.

He still doesn't.

Funny. Fans slate barkley because he's not a good defending midfielder despite being a good attacking midfielder yet excuse stones for being a defensive air head because he looks classy bringing it out... you kinda can't be a shitty defender when you are in the last line.

It's funny how the likes of Barcelona, City, United and Chelsea haven't got a competent scout between them

It's funny how the likes of Barcelona, City, United and Chelsea haven't got a competent scout between them

Barca i would disagree with you with best the rest have terrible scouts. City signed Bony for 30m, Chelsea RE-BOUGHT David Luiz, United have signed mercenaries for years since SAF left and are still punching well below their weight.

All three of those clubs just buy "hottest player on the market" players. There's no scouting to Nolito, he's torn La Liga in half playing for a shit Celta Vigo side, no brainer that one. Same with all the United (Pogba, Ibra, etc) and Chelsea (Michy, Kante, etc)

It was me and Haf who said he wasn't as good as people made out. That wasn't down to him handing in a transfer request. That was down to him making mistake after mistake and ball watching leading to use shipping in goals. He's not that good and there's no way he'll ever be the best CB in the world!

You and Haf v Guardiola and virtually every pundit on the planet.

Difficult one to call.

Again that's a matter of opinion isn't it?

Every single one of those clubs have signed very expensive mistakes.... players who in all seriousness turned out to be dog shit.

Again.... are we to all surrender our amateur opinion because somewhere someone earning money to talk or do something in the game thinks differently?

I ask you this.... is stones a very good defender of his goal? Is he a defender who like the dave Watson, Richard gough, Tony Adams, Gary palister, Terry butcher will run a defence.... bully the strikers? Nope. Every now and then he will look a smart arse but not all the time.

You and Haf v Guardiola and virtually every pundit on the planet.

Difficult one to call.

Not necessarily. Jamie carragher, Gary neville, souness, Lee dixon I've heard the lot bemused at his defending.

But again... just because they are paid for their opinion does it make them right?

Not necessarily. Jamie carragher, Gary neville, souness, Lee dixon I've heard the lot bemused at his defending.

But again... just because they are paid for their opinion does it make them right?

They all say he's potentially brilliant but needs to work on stuff. True.

He has the potential to be the best we've had in decades.

They all say he's potentially brilliant but needs to work on stuff. True.

He has the potential to be the best we've had in decades.

The icing on the cake is there already... the sponge cake looks a bit flimsy.

We don't know if he will be a good defender. At this moment he's a 6/10 defender and a 9/10 footballer. I've seen many a shite defender play great defensive games. Great defensive players rarely if ever play poor defensive games.... this lad has clocked up shit loads of them.

People say he needs time etc. I watched Rio Ferdinan at the 2000 world cup. He was 21 and by far the best defender I have seen at that age, not because he could play but because he was like a race horse in defence. His concentration levels were supreme.

Stones as I say looks the part every now and then but lacks too much to be a quality defender.

Again that's a matter of opinion isn't it?

Every single one of those clubs have signed very expensive mistakes.... players who in all seriousness turned out to be dog shit.

Again.... are we to all surrender our amateur opinion because somewhere someone earning money to talk or do something in the game thinks differently?

I ask you this.... is stones a very good defender of his goal? Is he a defender who like the dave Watson, Richard gough, Tony Adams, Gary palister, Terry butcher will run a defence.... bully the strikers? Nope. Every now and then he will look a smart arse but not all the time.

To be fair City did get it hopelessly wrong with Bony as did Stoke City if yesterday's reports of him being lazy and having a bad attitude are true

To be fair City did get it hopelessly wrong with Bony as did Stoke City if yesterday's reports of him being lazy and having a bad attitude are true

Beautiful. Your loyalty to a player means you need to slate any such pretender to his throne that we didn't even sign. Kinda like east 17 fans slating take that.

Will prove to be a great signing. Not all players are cut out to be 20 minutes here and there as a replacement for the best striker in the league.

Had to do a search. Mark Hughes has blown those reports out the water... not the type of manager to cover for a lazy player now is he.... come on dunc... get some rest let it go. Talking about mori to stones....

Edited by Hafnia

Re Funes Mori :)... It's wrong to judge him on performance during which he's asked to play out of position. Moyes did this all the time and plenty slam him for it; why should Koeman get a free pass? Sometimes (and the League Cup is a good case in point), it's ok to experiment, but let's not judge players based on experiments. Funes Mori is a talented guy and brings a lot to this team.