IGNORED

Michael Keane

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't even know how he managed to score that own goal. Did the right thing cutting out the cross and then somehow manages to put the fucking ball in the net with his other knee!

I do, he’s a liability.   I replayed it 4 times,  he has 20 yards of safe space to direct the ball.   Yet again he seems to think trying to clear it in the direction of the goal was the right choice.

He’s clumsy, simple as that. How many own goals has he scored like this now?  Awful.  

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't even know how he managed to score that own goal. Did the right thing cutting out the cross and then somehow manages to put the fucking ball in the net with his other knee!

I really don’t know. He got into a good spot to cut it out and just made a mess of it really. I want to say he’s unlucky but these moments are just all to often.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Dunno, surely we can’t be the most stupid club with a few million to spend? There has to be someone better than us at that. 

Well if he’s as shite as people think he is then no club is going to buy him. And there hasn’t been a queue of clubs offering money for many of our players. 

18 minutes ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

If we can't get anyone in I'd rather bed in a Godfrey Tarkowski partnership and see how that goes. Maybe through desperation! 

Unfortunately Godfrey hasn't been the same since he had covid. Not saying we should write him off obviously, as there's still a solid player in there, I just worry about giving him the starting job.

If I had my druthers, I'd want us to buy another solid, experienced CB and have Godfrey as the third choice.

Unfortunately with how little we have to spend, there's no way any of it is going towards another CB

8 hours ago, London Blue said:

Tarkowski will be the perfect role model for Godfrey, and Holgate.

Holgate is a 25 year old man - he doesn’t need a role model, he needs to drop his arrogance and realise his “promising player” tag expired a few seasons ago and needs to start performing or he’s gone. 

This season Godfrey needs to start taking steps in the right direction as well because he has stagnated the last 12 months some what - still has potential to be a quality player and hopefully it clicks.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

Well if he’s as shite as people think he is then no club is going to buy him. And there hasn’t been a queue of clubs offering money for many of our players. 

I dont see him leaving until his contract expires to be honest and if he did I don’t see the fee being too high. The risk of Keane having a moment is almost on par with Mina getting injured these days. ( I would sell both in an ideal world )

1 hour ago, Btay said:

I dont see him leaving until his contract expires to be honest and if he did I don’t see the fee being too high. The risk of Keane having a moment is almost on par with Mina getting injured these days. ( I would sell both in an ideal world )

The big difference between the two is that Keane has howlers, Mina has howlers and gets injured. 
However, Keane has a contract until 2025, don’t see him going anywhere in that time. 

When I think about Keane these days, I think about his interview after (I think it was) the Crystal Palace match. You could see his emotion, and that it did matter to him. However, on the same note, it kind of showed how much of an emotional player he is - when the going's good, he's (carefully choosing words...) decent, but when the shit hits the fan he becomes a liability. And as has been said, he's very much a confidence player. That's my impression of him at least. 

The question is are we good enough to carry such players; players who need a good run of form (probably not just individually but also as a team). Probably not! Which indicates that we probably need someone else in here.

Having said that - whenever I've watched the training clips on YouTube, he seems to be banging them in - I'm pretty sure there is a legitimate shout for him to be pushed up front 😆

Imagine the fear he could put into defenders knowing that he can score goals like the one he scored recently - blocking the cross with one leg, then expertly diverting the ball onto his other knee and straight past the bewildered goalkeeper. Genius! Harry fucking who!

The big difference between the two is that Keane has howlers, Mina has howlers and gets injured. 
However, Keane has a contract until 2025, don’t see him going anywhere in that time. 

Mina has moments but he doesn’t have howlers in the same sense Keane does. 

Unfortunately I agree mate

Get Mina on the pitch for a full season and you’ll see plenty of howlers from him. He’s another one on loads of money that we’re stuck with until the end of his contract. 

That won’t happen though. The rest is just hypothetical. 

I was really hoping we could sell Mina to a mid table Spanish/Italian league team.

22 minutes ago, Btay said:

That won’t happen though. The rest is just hypothetical. 

I was really hoping we could sell Mina to a mid table Spanish/Italian league team.

That would be nice but they can’t afford the 120K wages, I think he walks on a free.  

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

That would be nice but they can’t afford the 120K wages, I think he walks on a free.  

You sure he’s on that money?  It’s all hearsay unless we get wageslips Palfy.  I know the club are a loss making machine which suggests we do pay over the odds but it’s bollocks till we see the national insurance number and paye totals.

53 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

You sure he’s on that money?  It’s all hearsay unless we get wageslips Palfy.  I know the club are a loss making machine which suggests we do pay over the odds but it’s bollocks till we see the national insurance number and paye totals.

I’ll check it out my cousin Is a civil servant and works in the N.I and pensions department in Newcastle, your be surprised at what he can find out about individuals earnings and tax affairs. 40 minutes later. He’s come back to me and said from what he can see but will confirm when he’s back in the office Monday and can look in area’s he hasn’t got access to from home, is that James was on 220K a week and Mina is on 140k class that as evidence Haf👍

Oh and apologies to those who I may have offended by placing this post in the wrong thread, I now realise how much it ruins your day your week your month your year fuck it your life, and I will try to be more vigilant next time, but for now keep taking the pills I’m sure they will help. 

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’ll check it out my cousin Is a civil servant and works in the N.I and pensions department in Newcastle, your be surprised at what he can find out about individuals earnings and tax affairs. 40 minutes later. He’s come back to me and said from what he can see but will confirm when he’s back in the office Monday and can look in area’s he hasn’t got access to from home, is that James was on 220K a week and Mina is on 140k class that as evidence Haf👍

Oh and apologies to those who I may have offended by placing this post in the wrong thread, I now realise how much it ruins your day your week your month your year fuck it your life, and I will try to be more vigilant next time, but for now keep taking the pills I’m sure they will help. 

That sounds about right, I was happy to round down to £200k for Rodriguez but the extra £20k a week is an extra £1m a year.  Nearly our total transfer spend last summer. 

it’s all good, we’ve got Bill and Sharpie there keeping tabs on things.