IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Of course not, but I've seen far worse unlike many on here, your "devil's advocate" point was spot on, delighted someone finally picked up on it!

I salute you.

Thank you :)

I've seen far worse, too - the late 90s were horrific. But we'd got past that, and for all the Moyes knockers on here, I'm sorry, he ended that dreadful 8 or 9 years in our history. You want to know why I'm so angry? Because I feel the way I did under Kendall in his third spell and under Smith. We're shit, and I hate it, just like I did then. And we shouldn't be shit. And Martinez calling draws with Crystal Palace and Southampton 'positive results' just makes me want to break things!

Thank you :)

I've seen far worse, too - the late 90s were horrific. But we'd got past that, and for all the Moyes knockers on here, I'm sorry, he ended that dreadful 8 or 9 years in our history. You want to know why I'm so angry? Because I feel the way I did under Kendall in his third spell and under Smith. We're shit, and I hate it, just like I did then. And we shouldn't be shit. And Martinez calling draws with Crystal Palace and Southampton 'positive results' just makes me want to break things!

Jeez dude don't diss St Kendall! You'll get as unpopular as me!

And there you have it. Unforgivable. And why have we suffered our worst season at home in 140 years? Because we have a manager in charge who is desperately out of his depth. No. Argument.

He isn't "desperately out of his depth" at all. Semi finals of both cups this season (no other manager did that), and if a few of those absurd 'last minute' results had gone our way we'd be up near the top 4 of the league. Yes,some of the performances have been poor, but earlier in the season some of the performances were pretty awesome and we were very unlucky not to win. You may want someone slightly better than Martinez, and that'd be fair enough, but to suggest Martinez is "desperately out of his depth" is insanity.

He isn't "desperately out of his depth" at all. Semi finals of both cups this season (no other manager did that), and if a few of those absurd 'last minute' results had gone our way we'd be up near the top 4 of the league. Yes,some of the performances have been poor, but earlier in the season some of the performances were pretty awesome and we were very unlucky not to win. You may want someone slightly better than Martinez, and that'd be fair enough, but to suggest Martinez is "desperately out of his depth" is insanity.

Thats the thing though isn't it, when he said it wasn't all about results but performances, I could kind of see where he was coming from (Klopp has said the same thing this year to far less ridicule) that sooner or later great performances would turn into great results, in our case poor results have turned into a lack of confidence, which has fed into negativity which is producing poor performances and I don't see anyway back for him now, he's persona non grata.

He's going to have to go, likely straight after we get knocked out the cup.

Edited by Chach

I am wondering on whether it is the backroom staff who mess things up.

Naah probably not. I have never met him but he is possibly a nice man, BUT his tactics and inability to change are making us suffer.

I feel shitty saying it but he needs to be given a tasty talking to.

Sounds like you're fine wallowing in mediocrity. Not me, sir.

Just watched Ranieri's post match interview today and interestingly he said that performance was more important than result.

Just saying.

I heard him say "our performance 11 v 11 and 10 v 11 was fantastic" nothing about it being more important than the result. He's not that stupid!

I heard him say "our performance 11 v 11 and 10 v 11 was fantastic" nothing about it being more important than the result. He's not that stupid!

Watch it again.

"...if the score is OK if he doesn't score (re the last minute pen) it doesn't matter because our performance 11v 11, 10 v 11 was fantastic, when the performance is in this way I'm happy, the result is another thing..."

Fixed it for you

No need to, I'm not going against "popular opinion". Just pointed out that he did say it and then quoting it when Haf said he didn't. Context or contrary is irrelevant, was just stating a fact, people can interpret it how they want but don't judge me for reporting it.

Comparing Rainieri and Martinez is like comparing a Ferrari and a broken down '82 Toyota.

You know he was sacked from his last job for losing to a country with a population of 50,000 right?

He got sacked quite a lot, and not for winning things.

You know he was sacked from his last job for losing to a country with a population of 50,000 right?

He got sacked quite a lot, and not for winning things.

This is true.

Some say 'if only we had Raneiri' but actually you would never have picked him before this season as his history is more miss than hit. Has lost several jobs, has never really won anything, has a history of starting well but then falling off.

He's done something amazing at Leicester this season and deserves full credit for that. But before this season, well, not a lot to shout about.